[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guy's so I have a macbook pro i5 8gb ram 128gb sad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Space.jpg (2MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Space.jpg
2MB, 2560x1600px
Hey guy's so I have a macbook pro i5 8gb ram 128gb sad. I want to run windows on a virtual machine but want to host the virtual machine on a flash drive since I have shitty amount of storage. Any recommendations as to what virtual machine I need to run etc?
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>56675029
You can do that with virtual Box without any problems. Just but the virtual disk where ever you want, you can even take the USB stick with you and use your VM on any other PC.

VMware player probably can do that to.
>>
>>56675173
For some reason I was reading that you had to download portable virtual box and some other tedious stuff.. Ok I shall try. You recommend virtual box or vmware?
>>
>>56675190
I only have used Virtual Box but it worked well for me.

The virtual box portable is only for the case that you don't have virtual box installed on whatever PC you are using the VM on.
If you have it installed there is only big file on your USB stick.
>>
>>56675029
>mac
Found your problem.
>>
>>56675221
So I need to install VirtualBox on my macbook and then install virtual box on my USB as well?
>>
>>56675307
Lol I have a windows Desktop and laptop but on the go I want both OS's
>>
>>56675308
No.
You only need an installation on your PC to use it with the USB stick.
You are just saving the VMs(one big file) on the USB stick.
That is all you ever need if you plan on using the VM on your own PC and PCs that have virtual box software installed.

In the case that you need to use your VM on computers where you can't install the Virtual Box software you need something like virtual box portable to have both the VM and the software that is needed to run it on the USB stick.
>>
>>56675375
Ah gotcha.. So save the VirtualBox on the USB and then install it. Then open the virtual box and install windows with my ISO file.. Got it thanks man I'll give it a shot
>>
>>56675443
Yeah, you just install the Virtual box software on your PC(not the USB stick) then start it and you can create a new VM, you will have a choice where to save it so you just put it on the USB stick.
After that you run the VM and it will ask you for an ISO.
>>
>>56675478
Well, I'm an idiot Ok makes perfect sense now lmao
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.