[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me about GPS tracking? Is it true that it require either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: gps_globe_T.png (30KB, 610x795px) Image search: [Google]
gps_globe_T.png
30KB, 610x795px
Redpill me about GPS tracking?
Is it true that it require either SIM or WiFi?
What are my options if I want to track something? over large distance like 10-20 miles?
>>
GPS itself doesn't require either but for normals to transmit the current GPS data you need sim or wifi
>>
File: trackr_bravo.png (215KB, 1200x628px) Image search: [Google]
trackr_bravo.png
215KB, 1200x628px
>>56663404
You mean for a phone to transmit it's location you need internet access?
Then how does those GPS tags work?
>>
>>56663472
They are GSM enabled.
>>
>>56663634
You mean there's a SIM inside?
I have a drone that I'd like to keep track off.
What are my best options?
>>
File: 1315577742168.jpg (107KB, 450x634px) Image search: [Google]
1315577742168.jpg
107KB, 450x634px
>>56663325
if you can't fucking fly a drone right you sure as fuck shouldn't be flying one that can fly 10-20 miles away.
you are doing something terribly wrong and what you are attempting will most likely end up in a disaster.
>>
File: 070911_rg_SEEDCamera_01.jpg (84KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
070911_rg_SEEDCamera_01.jpg
84KB, 600x560px
>>56663731
My "drone" is a balloon with propellers.
>Disaster
Where I live the only thing that flies are birds and my balloon.
There is no Federal Aviation Administration over here.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Sunvalleytek-TK-102-Personal-Tracker-4-Frequency/dp/B004FDHBZA

This look like what I need.
And since this is SIM based the operator should support GPS, right?
>>
>>56663859
The sim is for sending SMS
nothing to do with GPS except that the contents of the SMS will be latitude/longitude
nothing to do with your operator
>>
>>56663899
Wait what?
I though it needed the SIM to calculate the location?
>>
>>56663859
>https://www.amazon.com/Sunvalleytek-TK-102-Personal-Tracker-4-Frequency/dp/B004FDHBZA
that thing is fuckhuge
your drone won't fly anymore if you buy that
>>
>>56663919
no.
the device receives GPS position information from satellites. it then sends an SMS with your position via the SIM card.

you COULD triangulate your position using GSM antennae signal strength but that would be stupid
>>
>>56663922
>14.4 Oz
It can left it.
Do you have other suggestion?
>>56663944
>triangulate your position using GSM antennae signal
I doubt I have permission to do that, also it is stupid considering it will probably fall into barren wasteland.
>>
Interested in this as well.
What are my options if I want to confirm the presence of people in certain location?
Currently using this
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.tracking.trackbysms&hl=en
But I'm suspecting they're using fake GPS.
>>
>>56664037
C.U.C.K.
U
C
K
>>
>>56664048
Actually it's inoculation campaign.
I suspect the assholes go and slack somewhere and dump the vaccine.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.