[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how broken can a laptop be to claim warranty on it? tell me your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (20KB, 465x316px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
20KB, 465x316px
how broken can a laptop be to claim warranty on it? tell me your success stories. currently looking to claim warranty on my asus zenbook from bing lee
>>
Laptop warranties are a meme. They never replace or fix anything, they just ghetto fix it to work then send it back.
>>
If it's fucked up only on the inside, the warranty will cover it.

With regards, someone who dropped his laptop on several occasion, breaking the HDD.
>>
>>56661224
so if i dropped it and the screen cracked im fucked? should i even bother going in store
>>
>>56661151
Warranties will only cover issues caused by manufacturer defect. They will inspect it but, if the cause is determined to be you then they will do one of two things.
>tell you it can be fixed, for a price
>send it back unrepaired.
>>
>>56661242
kill yourself
>>
>>56661257
even if i purchased extended warranty? that's stupid. what a fucking meme
>>
>>56661314
plan on it. dont have any backups for work and it costed me 1.1k
>>
>>56661242
This wouldn't have happened if you fell for the thinkpad meme
>>
>>56661209
>They never replace or fix anything, they just ghetto fix it to work then send it back.
That's never happened to me.

I take my asus A555L into tech centres from time to time and they either tell me why they aren't doing it under warranty (water damage, points to pool of corrosion) or they just fix it for free, usually just ordering new boards/keyboard to do the job.

They did ghetto fix something once, I had replaced the motherboard under warranty because of some power board issue and now I needed to replace the speaker because fuck knows, they fucked something up maybe or the new MB just had a fucked speaker and it was going to take a few days to get the new MB so I told them to take it from the old MB which was still there.
Never had an issue. One thing though, I don't go to ASUS itself ever, I go to ASUS accredited service centres. Not sure if that makes a difference.
>>
>>56661209
>they just ghetto fix it
You mean, they just use official spare parts to replace damaged ones?
Yeah, totally "ghetto" anon.
>>
>>56661151
Why clappingpoors always try to make fraud like this?
They think that a "new" laptop will last more instead of just taking care of your shit?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.