[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most flexible/cheapest way to DIY some security cams? I'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: security.jpg (2MB, 5000x3750px) Image search: [Google]
security.jpg
2MB, 5000x3750px
Most flexible/cheapest way to DIY some security cams?

I'd like to be able to watch for delivery guys and see if anyone breaks into my car. Everywhere I see keeps saying to use old android phones, surely there is a better way?
>>
>>56653404
> I'd like to be able to watch for delivery guys and see if anyone breaks into my car.
Wat?

> surely there is a better way?
Yea, but a chinese one for $20-70 (over $70 is probably not worth it for the stated purpose now that you can even get one with two axis remote control)...
>>
>>56653404
If you want it to record in its own internal memory and you want it to stay on no matter what android phones is the way to go.

Otherwise buy some cheap chinese cameras, the resolution they advertise is correct but the FPS will always be lower.

Get some with PoE and buy a second hand PoE Network switch and a HP microserver G7 and with only like 400~500$ you can get a full Server + 3-6 cameras depending if you go 720p or 480p
>>
>>56653520
>Wat?
Seperate things. I'm in a duplex and if I have to sign for something or am getting pizza I can't hear the door. My car is around back but I've had it broken into before so I would want to monitor it.

>>56653525
Could a SBC like the RPi or ODroid handle motion detection and send notifications to my phone?
>>
>>56653810
most cameras already implement this all you need to do is connect the to internet and give them access to an email account.

Also a RPi or ODroid are shit when it comes to recording video.
You should always have a server recording atleast 30 days of footage.
>>
>>56654003

I'd like to keep everything on LAN if I can. Not a huge fan of a chinese camera phoning home. I have a server already but it's getting pretty taxed these days. Maybe time to get one of those R710s kicking around on ebay...
>>
>>56654047
Chink cameras comunicate on the same Ports they use for email and shit so unless you have a seperate lan for cameras I dunno.

What kind of server are you running anyways (hardware+OS)?
>>
>>56654127

An old Core2 with 4gb of ram running CentOS 7 with a couple of 1tb HDDs.

I was planning on blocking gateway access from the cameras in any case, but I could also do a seperate lan using the server as a router and a seperate network interface.
>>
>>56654178
I'm running a HP Microserver G7 with 4 gigs of ECC ram.
It has XPEnology and it works Survillance station also works well ( but you can only install 2 cameras and need to buy licenses if you want to use more cameras on the server but welp).

It has a pretty good Motion detection suite and I think It can also use a gsm module to text your phone(?, need to check).

I wouldn't honestly advise buying servers at this point either a microserver or Anything from Synology ( their intel based servers are so gucci and come with their own free DDNS service+domain and you can't beat that for the price).
>>
I have 4 MyDLink motorized wireless infrared cameras monitoring my home. They all record onto a local nas and I can have them send me notifications and picture series when they detect motion or sounds. There is also an app for them that you can use to view remotely.
>>
>>56654230

Server is due for an upgrade anyway though. It's struggling to transcode my 1080p chinese cartoons fast enough and it gets really hot.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.