[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>liked Windows Mobile for years >WinMobile gets killed,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1440115938842.jpg (79KB, 600x550px) Image search: [Google]
1440115938842.jpg
79KB, 600x550px
>liked Windows Mobile for years
>WinMobile gets killed, but still nice memories
>Windows Phone rises
>WP 7 seemed to me something not ready yet
>WP 8 comes out
>I used both Android and iOS, so I know what I compare with
>such text selection, integrated onenote, MS Office (though it appeared to be trash even worse than Pocket Office was)
>no apps meme wasn't a meme, but I embraced it (though i barely felt it, mainly because I don't play games on smartphone)
>I geniunely enjoyed WP8

Fast-forward to today
>WP10 out
>I used it for a month, it was too laggy so I downgraded back to WP8
>Microsoft isn't going to develop mobile solutions at all
>iOS and Android are viable solutions for the next phone NOT.
So, I need your halp. Is there any other alternative platform?
Also, what's your opinion on old (pre-2005) communicators, palmtops and other similar devices? Does anyone use one in the everyday life?
>>
>>56652648
buy a dumbphone at walmart for 10$
problem solved.
>>
>>56652690
It can't share Internet, it barely can browse the Internet, its screen is too small (I'd like some 3-4" screen, but that's too small), there are no modern messengers (it's not like there are outside of Android/iOS/WP trinity, though).
What can I do?
>>
>>56653061
Get a blackberry
>>
>>56652648
Jolla or Ubuntu phone
>>
>>56652648
Seriously, android has been the new windows mobile since the beginning
>>
>>56652648
>WP10
You used it on a phone that wasn't designed to handle it.
No matter what Microsoft, Apple, etc. say, a new OS means a new phone if you want a good experience, and this has been the trend forever.
>>
I also had a Windows phone for years. Started with the HTC Trophy 7, then had a variety of other devices. Even had 10 running on a Lumia 822 for a while. Then I needed to change carriers and decided to get a flagship go see what I was missing (was still saving even with phone contract). It blew it out of the water in terms of ecosystem and functionality. I love wp, I really do. But Microsoft abandoned it, and so have I.
>>
>>56653334
>You used it on a phone that wasn't designed to handle it.
Elaborate.
>>
>>56653424
You know how people scream and ache "Planned Obsolescence!" whenever Apple releases a new phone and OS?
It rather isn't because Apple planned on dumping the previous phone, but more because Samsung et al. are making leaps and bounds in ARM processor fabbing, which lets them push the limits on their OS. They just aren't considering the previous generation.

Same with Microsoft.
>>
>>56653334
>forgetting that win10 mobile has even more issues on the new models than on the old ones
>>
>>56653461
> They just aren't considering the previous generation.
Why do they propose OS major version update on older phones then, if they aren't considering old generation?
>>
>>56652648
That's a weird issue, I have a L535 and works great with W10M AU, even better than WP8.1, I don't have problems with it
>>
>>56652648
Windows Phone would have been good all these years, literally Android level if you don't need apps. If only they would have fixed their shitty bugs and glitches which existed for months and years without any reaction. An update every 2 years, of which 90% couldn't even be called "beta tests", doesn't really help either.
>>
>>56654144
>Why do they propose OS major version update on older phones then, if they aren't considering old generation?
because people like you will fall for the update meme.
>>
>>56654397
I used Android and Windows Phone for over 3 years each btw. Nokia made the best phones ever in the WP7-8 era. If only they just went with Android like Blackberry did.
>>
My progression for the last couple years has been

WP8/8.1 -> Blackberry 10 -> iOS

You can try Blackberry 10 if you want OP, but it is abandonware. Super sexy OS all the same though.
>>
>>56654410
>Nokia made the best phones ever in the WP7-8 era
Yeah.
Lumia 1020 was great.
>>
>>56653299
What are phones with those OS?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.