[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the easiest way to get notes from an android device onto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
57KB, 300x300px
What is the easiest way to get notes from an android device onto your PC without signing up for an account that syncs your data onto some company's servers?

All I want to do is make a note on my android device and then plug it into my computer via USB and access it in an editable text format. Why is this so hard?

What should I do? Is there a good app that /g/ could recommend or something?
>>
>All I want to do is make a note on my android device and then plug it into my computer via USB and access it in an editable text format.

Then just do that. Save file as .txt, plug phone into PC, drag and fucking drop.
>>
>>56652627
No, I want to take the note on my phone and then access it on the computer in some kind of .txt or .doc or even .html or xml type format. A format I can access and copy paste the info from.

How do I save a file as .txt on an android device?
>>
>>56652674
Google Documents, dummy
>>
>>56652922
What if I don't want all my notes on google's servers?
>>
>>56652972
Then you probably shouldn't be using a smartphone
>>
>>56653042
I have this device. It can do all these amazing things. Why can't I just write down a note and then transfer to my computer via USB?

Isn't there anything that makes this a simple process?
>>
>>56653082
It literally doesn't get any simpler than downloading Google Documents that lets you save files directly as .txt, what other method do you have in mind? Just delete the file afterwards if it's that much of a problem, or don't connect to wifi so it doesn't sync automatically
>>
>>56653156
I guess that's fine. If I'm going to do that I might as well use google keep or simplenote's sync or some other company's sync setup rather than USB transfer.

My phone notes are kind of personal you know? I'm just not totally comfortable with giving all of that information over to a company like that. I thought maybe /g/ would understand but oh well.

I thought there'd be a way to take a note and then just see it in the phone's file system and drag and drop to PC. No company involved.
>>
>>56652592
I use ColorNote on my Android phone. Not sure with other note apps, but with ColorNote you can attach notes to email messages. I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

There's also stuff like this:
https://amzn.com/B00PSFDYMI
A USB flash drive with both USB3 and micro-USB connectors that you can use with Android phones and tablets. You can then figure out how to save your files on the flash drive then unplug it and plug it into your computer so you don't even have to connect your phone to your computer simultaneously, you paranoid fucktard.
>>
>>56652592
Belt.io
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.