[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/ 09/no-headphone-jack-nin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: gbaspheadphone.jpg (22KB, 400x183px) Image search: [Google]
gbaspheadphone.jpg
22KB, 400x183px
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/09/no-headphone-jack-nintendo-did-it-first/
>>
>>56648885
they brought the headphone port back with the micro though
>>
its been on every handheld since at least the ds right
>>
File: 1463416700674.png (19KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1463416700674.png
19KB, 300x309px
WHO CARES ABOUT NINTENDO, THEY JUST MAKE TOYS

THE STRAWS AT WHICH APPLE FANBOYS GRASP TRULY ARE STRAWS NEVER GRASPED BEFORE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK
>>
>>56648937
yep
>>
>A 13 year old gaming device didn't have a headphone jack
>People still didn't like it
>This makes it okay for a modern phone to do the same thing
>Now pay us our money for shilling for you, Apple

This wouldn't be a problem if you could still get a decent laptop that didn't feel the need to try to look and feel as much like a Macbook as possible, but since everyone else feels the need to follow muh innovation, I have to make noise and take issue with their shit.

Apple bankruptcy pl0x
Saged for not archiving the link
>>
>>56648971
Even though I personally think it's idiotic that Apple removed the headphone port, I sort of understand it. On my Xperia I very rarely use the headphone jack, my music is played almost exclusively bluetooth with aptx or Android Auto
>>
>>56649031

You probably download your music from youtube.
>>
>>56649044
I rip my music from CDs I buy mostly via amazon prime

convenience is king and having a wire is inconvenient as fuck if you're jogging, mowing your lawn, etc.
>>
If you dont like it,dont buy it. Vote with your wallets.

Why is everyone still talking about this?
>>
>>56649074

Lol yeah way more convenient for your earphones to fall to the ground if they fall out of your ears.

>>56649079

See >>56648971
>>
>>56648885
>>56648941
>Look! Nintendo did it too!
>Nintendo did it never again
>>
>>56649134
>Lol yeah way more convenient for your earphones to fall to the ground if they fall out of your ears.
They're LG tones, they don't fall off if they fall out
>>
>>56648937
>at least the ds
At least since the game boy.
The sp dropped it briefly, as did the iPhone. The port shall be back next release.
>>
>>56648971
But it's not even just that. It's a 13-year old game system that retailed for $100 in a radically different form factor from the original incarnation. The iPhone is a current $600+ smartphone that's almost identical physically to the last decade of iPhones which all included the 3.5mm jack. One of the main selling points of the original iPhone was that it integrated the music player into your phone, which is still one of the most heavily used features of modern smartphones. People watch movies on their phones.

The GBA SP didn't have a headphone jack because Nintendo didn't have enough space to fit it into the system that the had designed. the iPhone 7 doesn't have a headphone jack because it's an infomercial scam, they invented a problem so they could sell people the solution.
>>
>caring about speaker quality for chiptunes
>>
>>56648885
Nintendo stopped this because it was inconvenient. STOP defending the iShit 7 you mac fags.
>>
>>56649757

I'm almost completely convinced that they designed the phone and realized they forgot the 3.5mm jack at a point which would have required them to push back the release date and rather than do that, they opted to try to make it a profitable mistake.
>>
>>56648885
Do they mention that it came right back with the DS and 3DS because they probably realized it was a fucking stupid idea?
>>
apple should be sued so it can taste its own medicine
>>
>>56648885
>No headphone jack Nintendo did it first
Uhhh, there were audio players with custom ports and everything, wonder, where those ports NOW?
>>
The micro and every fucking console after has had a headphone port.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.