[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good rom for a 2011-ish phone to run relatively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

What's a good rom for a 2011-ish phone to run relatively smooth on with most normie-tier apps?

Any unofficial apps you'd recommend? And kind of unrelated but what's /g/s general take on Samsung's few physical keyboards?
>>
>>56641881
It's written as ROM not rom.
>>
>>56641922
Thanks, I hesitated when writing for some reason, guess I shouldn't have.
>>
>>56641933
No problem.
Just keep that in mind when going forward.
>>
>>56641881
>What's a good rom for a 2011-ish phone to run relatively smooth on with most normie-tier apps?
Hard to say. The most recent you'd probably get is a KitKat ROM (if you're lucky). That *should* give you the ability to run the latest Gapps and thus most normie apps.

That being said, KitKat would probably max out most of the RAM on a 2011 phone. So you'd probably not be able to run most apps at all.

>Any unofficial apps you'd recommend?
Again, RAM is a barrier here. Since a lot of stuff either uses augmented reality or some sort of HTML5 wrapper for the front end, your phone will either lag or crash on a lot of it. The only app I can think of that will run is FB Lite (you'll need an APK - it's only officially available to DESIGNATED countries)

>And kind of unrelated but what's /g/s general take on Samsung's few physical keyboards?
Good overall for a chicklet keyboard.
>>
>>56642058
My phone had an official update to Kitkat, it runs alright, but I figured maybe a custom ROM could get a little bit more out of it, there's a bunch of them that claim to "boost performance" and "save battery" but I wanted to ask for advice to real people. Is there any in particular that you'd recommend?
>>
>>56642111
>Is there any in particular that you'd recommend?
Cyanogenmod.

Anything else and you're running the risk that the team responsible for your entire mobile life will dwindle to one basement dwelling pajeet as everyone moves on to newer phones.
>>
>>56641881
My brother had that solar powered samsung
The keyboard was about bb teir
But not palm smartphone teir
If i could buy a palm with modern specs id drop everything and buy 3
>>
File: palm_2dpre_2dsreen_2dkeyboard.jpg (79KB, 470x512px) Image search: [Google]
palm_2dpre_2dsreen_2dkeyboard.jpg
79KB, 470x512px
>>56642202
This one
>>
>>56642177
That's the one I heard get the most praises, guess I'll give it a shot then, hopefully it improves the performance of this old thing, but if it doesn't oh welp, It performs fine enough as it is anyway, thanks for the help!

>>56642202
>>56642226
Never heard of it until now, that's kinda crazy, you probably couldn't do that with the power requirements of modern phones.

I never tried a palm for myself, it looks pretty cool tho, I mean, it was from the last era of Microsoft actually caring, before they killed off most of what was good about them. It's also the smallest smartphone ever I think, I'd love to try one, but I don't think they're very functional anymore even tho they aren't that old.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.