[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People who do 3D work, do you have one of these? Do you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

People who do 3D work, do you have one of these? Do you like it? Is there an alternative? I will be using this with Inventor Pro.
>>
File: SpacePilot.jpg (95KB, 1024x583px) Image search: [Google]
SpacePilot.jpg
95KB, 1024x583px
yea, i have a SpacePilot which i use with solidworks
it's awesome, you can move naturally to any kind of view or angle you like
also great for showing off the model to your boss or clients, as you can fly around the model smoothly like a demo
>>
>>56632945
Yeah we've got those in our class. Pretty useful desu
>>
Yup, have SpacePilot too, but the in-kernel drivers are at best workable, so not using it to its potential.
>>
File: a.webm (2MB, 1124x782px) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
2MB, 1124x782px
>>56633320
excuse the slow rendering, it's in a VM
>>
>>56633320
>>56633422
>>56633452
>>56633557
Thanks guys. I figured I'd skip out on the SpacePilot since I don't think I'd find all that much utility from the programmable and view keys. What do you think of the build quality and how well do they stand up over time?
>>
>>56633557
Looks pretty close to mouse navigation to me.
>>
>>56634095
i got mine second hand in 2013 reasonably cheap (AU$90 iirc), the only thing it's collected is dust, still works as-new

unlike regular mice, whos buttons tend to break, and their feet might wear off, this uses membrane buttons, like a keyboard, and aren't really critical components anyway, just conveniences/shortcuts

>>56634198
the difference varies between people as well as what you're drawing, i can't say it'll be worth it in all cases, but i do personally prefer to use it
>>
>>56634095
>I don't think I'd find all that much utility from the programmable and view keys.
oh, and no, i don't personally use the screen at all, i don't find the top and left side buttons all that easy to get to
i do use the view and lock buttons a lot though (lock disables all but pan and zoom, aka, 2D movement only)
>>
I've used one before but never got the hang of it in a short amount of time. I know people who swear by them though
>>
>>56634198
I think the main thing is that it avoids having to select a navigation tool, which in Inventor can be clunky and hard to do if you have a tool currently active.
>>56634333
>>56634364
Oh excellent. I was going to shy away from used, but now I figure I'll save the money since I found a good condition SpaceNavigator on eBay. Thanks for your input, surprised I got any on 4chan.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.