[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I work in IT but I type relatively slow, how can I improve and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: ZQ9m3.png (85KB, 800x496px) Image search: [Google]
ZQ9m3.png
85KB, 800x496px
I work in IT but I type relatively slow, how can I improve and learn hand position? It's boring as fuck use sw like Klavaro or gtypist.
>>
>>56620466
It's useless.
>>
File: msdos_Mario_Teaches_Typing_1992.gif (98KB, 648x408px) Image search: [Google]
msdos_Mario_Teaches_Typing_1992.gif
98KB, 648x408px
>>
>>56620466
Type more
>>
>>56620466
use vim and qutebrowser
as in, fucking use the homerow in normal computer usage.
>>
I literally learned touch-typing this summer
20+ minutes on keybr.com everyday until it becomes your default
Don't know about the software you're talking about but keybr is fun, it also tracks your progress and speed etc, just check it out
You have to turn on caps and special symbols in the settings tho, but I think you want to go without them at first
>>
File: scrot.png (12KB, 351x216px) Image search: [Google]
scrot.png
12KB, 351x216px
>>56620466
I learned to touch type on ratatype.com
Then I learned DVORAK and learned again on thetypingcat.com

Once you can remember where all the keys are, just switch your daily everyday typing to touch typing. Once you can type comfortably, start playing typeracer, and stop once you don't feel like getting any faster. Pic related, it's my account. Switched to DVORAK around the 300 race mark.
>>
Mandatory in every thread about typing
https://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2008/09/programmings-dirtiest-little-secret.html
>>
>>56620925
>these banners

When will they learn?

Site looks decent though
>>
File: Screenshot_20160915-180516.png (237KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160915-180516.png
237KB, 1440x2560px
>>56621570
Forgot pic
>>
>>56621376
huh, thanks... i do type like a bit of a retard
>>
>>56621376
thanks man
>>
>>56621376
>fast slow medium
I'll try it
>what the cukc did you fiucking say aboiyt me you slittle bitch ?minimal backspace mode ilk have you knwo i gradyated top of my class in the mavy seals, conducetd multimple radis on al wqauaeds and have aover 300 confiremd kills.
>What the fuck did you fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the navy SEALS, conducted multiple secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and have over 300 confirmed kills.
>What the fuck did you fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know i gradyuated top of my class int eh navy seals, conducted multimple secret raids on al quareda, and have over 300 confirmed kills.

Ignoring the backspace reflex for a more realistic representation of mistakes is hard, and not making errors is much harder.
>>
>>56620466
>>56620481
its not useless you fuckwit

the point behind it is that you can do it without even having to look.

>dark
>blind
>being a nigger
or any other scenario that impedes your usage

all you do, is touch the f and j keys with the little divet on them, and you can type by memory.

WPM, speed does not matter. all that does is give you carpal tunnel, and i know that from experience. used to do 120wpm, now i'm 90wpm at best.

my carpal tunnel is much better now, but its besides the point. point is, don't do that
>>
>>56621584
"You mad not like this ad"
fuck you i wont even visit your shitty website then. gg when your website has no ad revenue or visitor numbers you islamic state of the internet
>>
I type with 3 fingers op, I average 68-90wpm, practice makes perfect and I'm using keybr for training
>>
>>56620466
Install gentoo
>>
>drop acid
>stare at keyboard
>ask yourself "how can i type fast"
it'll come
>>
>>56624339
fuck off justin
>>
>>56624274
that typo is what it should be
>>
Find a runescape private server without GE.
>>
File: 222-Typing_of_the_Dead,_The-2.jpg (84KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
222-Typing_of_the_Dead,_The-2.jpg
84KB, 480x360px
>>56620466
http://play.typeracer.com/
>>
File: fangers.jpg (131KB, 1280x957px) Image search: [Google]
fangers.jpg
131KB, 1280x957px
>>56620466
>>
typing just becomes fast, i didn't really needed to practice and after a while i was typing quite nicely, i used to play all games with keyboard maybe thats why. if you want to improve, play osu! :^)
>>
>>56620466
I learned fast typing in games where there's an auto walk. If you have to finish your message before your character falls down a cliff into certain death, you'll speed up quite a bit. Otherwise just practice and write a lot
>>
>>56620466
http://typingsoft.com/download.htm
>>
>>56620466
Try engaging a virtual keyboard like Onboard (I’m on Ubuntu, so it’s default there) and keep it open as a reference while typing. The beginnings are hard but if you have enough motivation, the learning curve boosts up.
>>
it takes a few days to learn touch typing you cuck
https://www.typing.com/
>>
>>56620466
Just try selling stuff at the grand exchange if you want to type fast.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.