[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to learn javascript what IDE/compiler can I use that requires

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Did you look.jpg (6KB, 169x251px) Image search: [Google]
Did you look.jpg
6KB, 169x251px
I want to learn javascript what IDE/compiler can I use that requires the least pirating/handing over money considering I want to use a windows machine.
>>
>>56619633
VS Express or emacs.
>>
>JavaScript
>compiler
>>
>IDE
don't people just use a browser and a text editor?
I know it is a weird language, but I am corious to know if there is a good reason to use an IDE for javascript.
>>
>>56619668
sorry I don't know anything and might be retarded. is Javascript not compiled like C/++ or Java?
>>
>>56619716
did you compile something to post on 4chan?
>>
>>56619633
use Brackets
It's easy and can be used with lots of languages.
>compiler
k3k
>>
>>56619674
bc i sometimes do js while drunk as fuck,
IDE helps to see where i got too retarded and typoe'd
>>
>>56619792
I suspect you are not the only one.
Web development is so shit that not even the uneducated wants to do it sober.
>>
>>56619633
Expect people to say Vim.
And for a good reason: Vim is great. Get gVim. It's a piece of piss to set up and takes about half an hour to complete vimtutor. Stick a cheat sheet up on the wall behind your monitor and be comfortable in a week. After a month, never touch notepad again.
>>
>>56619950
you do now that there is better editors than notepad right?
I am not saying he shouldn't learn vim.
But from all evidence OP is a mentally challenged obese guy in his mid to late twenties.
I don't think he would be able to get anything out of vim.
>>
If you are a student, you should check out WebStorm.
>>
>>56619633
javascript doesn't need a compiler or anything as complicated as what Java needs. You just write the shit and run it on any browser, usually by importing it into an HTML page, but that's just the most often used case (for web development and such).

Just get Brackets or something since you're new. It's fairly idiotproof and doesn't take ages to load up like sublime.
>>
I personally use Vim but for a faggot like your self I would recommend Atom or Brackets.

Remember this though: STAY AWAY FROM ALL MS PRODUCTS

YOU'RE A KEK IF YOU USE MS PRODUCTS.

This means don't use Visual Studio or Visual Studio Code. Also don't use Typescript.

React > Angular.
>>
>>56620024
Yes, there are better editors that notepad.

e.g Vim.
>>
>>56619771
seconded, brackets is cool + check out all the plugins
>>
>>56620024
OP here,
I'm in my mid twenties and I didn't know anything about javascript or any programming languages other than like an introduction to microsoft basic in highschool as I'm from a carpentry background and I'd like to see what this web dev bullshit is about if I can make money without breaking my body.
>>
>>56619633
chrome.exe
>>
>>56619825
That's good to know. I just thought I was developing some early stages of alcoholism.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.