[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about getting my semi-normalfag friends to switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

How would I go about getting my semi-normalfag friends to switch from the literal Chinese botnet of Discord to IRC?
>>
You wouldn't
Stop bothering them, they don't care about your botnet meme
>>
>>56613020
don't bother

just don't use it to discuss anything private
>>
>>56613029
Neo-/g/, everyone.
>>
>>56613100
If by that you mean pragmatic and not totally autistic...
>>
>>56613346

/g/ users aren't exactly pragmatic or neurotypical
>>
>>56613020
>switch from Discord to IRC
Why would anyone do that? They're not comparable software and they don't even fit the same use cases.

IRC - plain text chat, used for open source software development, CS/technical discussion and seedier stuff like warez and botnet CNCs

Discord - rich text chat with VOIP , embedded videos/pictures, used for gaming communities

This 'IRC is an alternative to discord' meme makes absolutely no sense unless you actually believe /g/ memes
>>
>>56613387
>/g/ is one person
>everything I disagree with is neo-/g/
Normies do dumb shit, more at 11
>>
>>56613020
are you fucking retarded? 90% of Discord users use it for games only, and rarely use anything other than VOIP on it, why would they switch to IRC? It was one thing to compare maybe AIM and IRC back then, but you're literally comparing an ancient plain text based messaging service to a newer service with VOIP and rich text. There's no point in them switching to IRC when they exclusively use VOIP, like who the fuck would tab out of their games to make a callout, types in the shit, and then switch back to the game? it's better to use ingame chat than fucking IRC for that, mostly because of ease and accessibility.
>>
>>56613029
>>56613638
>>56613787
holy shit OP BTFO
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.