[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why didn't microsoft just stick an x86 processor in here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

why didn't microsoft just stick an x86 processor in here and bam apple BTFO

why doesn't microsoft do it now
>>
Because there are no x86 processors for that form & voltage factor
>>
>>56611514
>what are intel atom's zenfones
>>
Because Intel's behind ARM in low power applications. They're throwing billions at it but they're still not quite there yet.
>>
>>56611491
Intel's Atom SoCs weren't competitive enough. The only reason why a few manufacturers like ASUS and some other chink brands used them is because intel was giving them away for free.
They have since canceled their contra revenue plan, and put an abrupt end to actively developing smartphone oriented SoCs.

Intel has no interest in it since they can't make money. Microsoft has no interest in it either since no one is asking for mobile Windows. Its dead.
>>
>>56611491
Because Intel didn't want to create a competitor to ARM in this market (low cost, low power consumption) due to low margins compared to desktop/server market.
Thus there were no cpus for this purpose and this allowed ARM (and ARM-centric OSes) to dominate the market.
>>
>>56611527
>what are intel atom's zenfones
abandoned by intel
notoriously bad on battery
>>
>>56611491
Because the cpu arch is not the problem, they wanted an iphone clone and not something like windows mobile 6.5 where you have access to the system
>>
>>56611553
>Because Intel didn't want to create a competitor to ARM in this market
Why just go on the internet and say stupid untrue things?
Intel lost several billion per year in contra revenue. They spent a couple billion on a project specifically developing an ARM competitor SoC with integrated modem.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't post here anymore.
>>
>>56611591
>You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Don't post here anymore.
Wait, I thought 4chan is THE place to post untrue/stupid things and rant about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>56611554
Can't be worse than my Nexus 5 and snapdragon 800
>>
>>56611491
They ( microsoft) have put wp on freeze. Later 2017 they will continue, surface- phone?
>>
Because CISC is outdated horseshit and the only reason it's still around is because of legacy code.
>>
>>56612053
>implying x86 is CISC since Pentium
>>
File: cringe.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
>>56612068

CISC and RISC are not at microarchitecture level, but at instruction-set level, you utter moron!

You can't just switch from one to the other without changing the whole design of the instruction-set!

>I know jack shit about CPUs: The Post
>>
>>56612159
But ARM is not a more efficient architecture than x86, regardless what you want to believe
>>
>>56612269
>2 shekels have been deposited in your Intelâ„¢ account
>>
>>56612269
they couldn't shut off core like arm, so it always running at 500mhz even on standby/not in use.
>>
>>56612308
Anon, have you ever used an arm tablet? You will want to poke your eye out after one hour? They are so goddamn fuckin slow.
>>
File: atom_btfo.png (132KB, 602x394px) Image search: [Google]
atom_btfo.png
132KB, 602x394px
>>56612445

Wow, Intel shills out in full force this morning.
>>
>>56611491
POO in the LOO pajeet
>>
>>56612159
x86 instructions get decoded to risc-like micro ops
>>
File: B7v56zvCYAE7FVU.jpg (12KB, 299x264px) Image search: [Google]
B7v56zvCYAE7FVU.jpg
12KB, 299x264px
>>56612560
>guys, if I use a condom, my dick gets converted to rubber, so the chick getting fucked is still totally virgin because it's like she's just using a rubber dildo
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.