[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the lights are turning off one by one http://www.to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

File: torrenthound.png (9KB, 564x272px) Image search: [Google]
torrenthound.png
9KB, 564x272px
>tfw the lights are turning off one by one

http://www.torrenthound.com/
>>
>>56610824
Rip
>>
Get your shit while you can, I don't know how much longer classic Internet will be here.
>>
Rehost in Russia and stop crying already.
>>
That linked video, holy shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqRPOEa3P44

I can't tell if it's satire or not. That guy that comes in and hugs the glass, that alleged context (the door was closed for safety reasons due to a protest, the other doors were open).
I can't sotp laughing.
>>
I remember watching a blackhat/defcon video about how this guy queries the DHT to get all the hashes and torrent info, scrape all that into a db and host it.
If you create one of these, you can fully seed your db overnight.
>>
File: 1410964221937.jpg (14KB, 372x338px) Image search: [Google]
1410964221937.jpg
14KB, 372x338px
>>56610824
>mfw torrent finally die
>mfw all the normies will make rapidshare/megaupload/uploaded/rapidgator/whatever great again
>>
>tfw havent torrented anything in years but my piracy hasnt let up one bit
>>
>>56611152
https://www.defcon.org/images/defcon-18/dc-18-presentations/Wolchok/DEFCON-18-Wolchok-Crawling-Bittorrent-DHTS.pdf

https://github.com/eXenon/dhtcrawler
>>
>public trackers
lmao
>>
>>56610824
>http
Had it coming
>>
>>56610824

If you have any interest or use in torrents, you would have stopped relying on public trackers years ago. They have been surpassed in every way by private counterparts.

Don't be so stupid.
>>
>tfw your utility scripts which scrape those websites to download torrents for your shows stop working one by one
>>
What about kickass.cd?
>>
>>56611199
>>56611270
>muh super sekrit club
I agree that private trackers are much better, but unfortunately it isnt practical for everyone. I have capped internet so I cant afford to seed as much as necessary. I also despise the idea of paying to torrent(seedboxes). that said I obviously wouldn't turn down an invitation
>>
>>56611309

What's wrong with paying for a seedbox? A seedbox is basically a vps, which can be utilized for a variety of tasks.
>>
>>56611167
Haha, if you are connected to the global network, then you can't possibly hide.
>>
>>56611309
>I have capped internet so I cant afford to seed as much as necessary
So you shouldn't be torrenting in the first place.
>>
>>56611167

So let me just ask.

Using vpn or similar, will make the search return peers near the vpn location, right ? Is that why p2p via vpn is shit ?
>>
>>56611309
>5$ a month for a seedbox
someone's mad they couldn't get into a sekrit club huh
>>
File: 1370075830828.jpg (24KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1370075830828.jpg
24KB, 413x395px
>seeding torrents
>>
>>56610824
A cloned mirror will pop up any day now :^)
>>
I don't get it.

How are we supposed to watch film and tv once all the torrent sites are down?

Is that it? No more film or tv forever?
>>
>>56611162
Are you really that delusional?
Normalfags only stream shit anymore.
>>
>>56611581
I suspect things will move to tor
>>
>>56611581
kickass.cd
extratorrent.cc
rarbg
tpb

They will keep coming back
>>
>>56610824
So I never thought they'd be making any sort of progress, but I'm pretty impressed with the "copyright industry's" efforts lately. They've made a significant impact on filesharing sites like rapidshare and are starting to make an impact on torrents. Also Denuvo has been cucking vidya pirates for over a year
>>
>>56611750
>They've made a significant impact on
I'm not feeling it. I'm still downloading whatever i want and finding everything within 2 minutes.
>>
http://torrentz2.net/

its the torrentz search engine, just up
>>
https://opentrackers.org/links/publicly-tracked-torrents/#indexes
>>
>>56611162
that would be nice for spreading my botnet
>>
>>56611774
read the whole post retard
>>
>>56611750
>Also Denuvo has been cucking vidya pirates for over a year
It isn't the first time that pirates had to wait a year or two for a cracked game,
it ain't gonna be the last time,
and it certainly ain't ever gonna be uncrackable just like Denuvo's present failure has showcased.
>>
Would the cure to this be things like IPFS, ZeroNet etc?
>>
>>56611849
>It isn't the first time that pirates had to wait a year or two for a cracked game,
1. Most pirates don't wait several months, they buy the game instead (or don't play it at all). That's the entire point.
2. The only real comparison is starforce, which had no way near as many releases as Denuvo is getting now, and was a much worse software for legit customers.
>ain't ever gonna be uncrackable
Denuvo's own official press material states that denuvo isn't nor aims to be uncrackable, retard.
>>
>>56610824
I dont watch TV or movies, I'll rip music off youtube if it comes to that, and buy games on super steam sales 1-2 years or more after release for super cheap.depending on how good or how much I want them.

In any case there was file sharing before torrents, there are many ways to file share still, and there will be file sharing if torrenting (private or not) really dies.
Water off a duck's back.
>>
>>56611432
Yeah fuck off, the internet situation in a lot of places is pretty screwy and fucked in comparison to private tracker requirements.

Hard and fast rules are dandy in a perfect world but someone should be able to merit themselves within their limits and still be able to use the services, provided they stick to giving back whatever it is they can.
Torrenting will truly die or just become a relative ghost town if private trackers end up having all the say in the deal
>>
>>56611942
cool. hows your family doing?
>>
dont worry guys, there will always be torrent sites/sharing warez, this is only happening because of the crackdowns, but it doesnt mean it will die, just be reduced.
>>
>>56611162
>please wait 5 minutes
>you must complete one of these surveys
>there's been a problem, complete another
>you must register an account
>the file you're looking for no longer exists :^)
>>
>>56611162
normies use streams
>>
>>56612014
>you must register an account
>it requires your credit card information even if you choose a free account

just like the recent kickass clones
>>
>>56611971
Bunch of low rent ex cons full of shit who'll steal the panties off your grandma for a ten cent deal

Yours?
>>
>>56611942
i only torrent for music and books. The problem is neither is popular on public trackers
>>
>>56611969
>someone should be able to merit themselves within their limits and still be able to use the services
If you can't operate within the framework they've created, your capabilities are obviously not at a level the site operators deemed appropriate. Your "good intension" are worth a hell-of-a-lot less than a solid uplink.
>>
As long as big corporations for profit exist so will torrent sites until the internet becomes completely government censored and skynet becomes a thing
>>
>>56612885
Enjoy having two to five uploaders across hundreds, thousands of multi gigabyte files until people have corruption, crashes, or flat out decide to stop serving some niche or specific stuff because of those intensely arbitrary limits.

How many people refresh their hard disk surface to prevent losing data very rarely accessed? Magnetic drift and decay is very real. I've seen more than enough great media get lost completely because people simply are told "No, you don't live in an area with or have access to this and that"

I could go on but we both know the quasi elitist jerk-around won't change even when the userbase stagnates, dwindles, or we lose prescious things forever.
>>
OH NO I CANT STEAL ANYMORE!!!
:(:(:(
>>
>>56613281
Why are you going against the law with your statement anon?
>>
>>56611162
this
come and get your bd remux from keep2share
multiple 50mib parts, download @ 50kbps
aww yiss
>>
File: 1470447544886_0.png (44KB, 234x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470447544886_0.png
44KB, 234x225px
>>56611270
Why are private tracker fags so fucking insufferable? Fuck I'm in a few and I can't even fathom the fact that these communities are some of the most toxic in the Internet. Go back to your containment thread.
>>
>>56611930
shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1466306664474.jpg (52KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466306664474.jpg
52KB, 640x400px
>>56613914
>It's a teenage pirate tries to argue post
>>
>>56613966
shut the fuck up
>>
>Public tracker dies
>Another comes up in its stead

wow, it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>56610824
on one hand it's sad to see it go
on the other hand i don't really care because i know i will get by anyway, i will always get what i want done done
>>
>>56614701
not even that

>he doesn't already have everything he will ever need
>he hasn't been slowly hoarding over the past 5 years

lol
>>
>>56611930
>>56613966
Piracy is true freedom. I say fuck the police and pirate away, rule the open seas.
>>
when are you fucks going to start using i2p?
>>
>>56611392
A VPS with unlimited bandwidth is normally very expensive. I guess it could be justified though since in most cases piracy provides a better product than stores. Most music doesn't suffer from this as it's not subject to DRM. However, movies, ebooks and a great deal of other products are worse when you pay for them because of DRM.
I once bought an ebook from Amazon for my Kindle since I could not find a torrent for it. For one I had to use a filthy hack to remove the DRM, and then I had to manually edit the HTML to remove the ads inserted into it. If this book were available on public trackers or a hosting site I would have gotten a better product and saved a lot of time.

>>56611581
I will probably just rewatch what I have saved or buy DVDs/BluRays I know I can break the DRM on. Time is limited anyway. I hardly ever watch more than 2 hours of content in a day, and even then that's far from every day.

>>56611849
Why would you ever pirate software? Huge security hole running software from unknown and maybe even anonymous distributors who don't even share the code of their hobby projects. Why would they not put something in the software to make some money? I would if I were a poorfag basement dweller who spent my time trying to get free toys.

>>56613281
Look in the Oxford dictionary. None of the definitions of "steal" fit digital piracy.
Copyright infringement might in some cases be a better term. But what's the point of looking for a different term either way when it has been named piracy.
>>
>>56614715
>he doesn't already have everything he will ever need
I pretty much do.
>he hasn't been slowly hoarding over the past 5 years
I have been hoarding shit for the past 15+ years
>>
>>56614904
>Why would you ever pirate software?
Because i have no more trust in the copyright collectives (specifically Publishers, Labels, Distributors) in terms of digital products.
The past few years of constant news articles of reviews being bought, Let's Play channels being bought, Demos being rigged, DMCA being used to shut down Let's Play and Review channels with even remotely negative or neutral critique, DMCA being used to shoot down even written reviews.
Now they are trying to erase return systems. Even creators are having enough of the Label/Publisher/3rd Party collective which is the main monopoly and the main Copyright Alliance driving force.
Piracy is the only defense i have of big companies fucking me over, scamming me, cheating me, and pretty much going anti-consumer to a far greater level than stupid anti-piracy software (which is the far lesser evil than the alternative). Look at the console gaming industry, it's the most cancerous anti-consumer shit now and that's because the companies feel safe enough to fuck everyone over due to less piracy.

>Huge security hole
Never had a problem. That's only an argument for the kind of people who are stupid enough to download executables from pop-ups and never validate their sources and user feedback.
If you are that kind of person, then that's your problem. I'm not, and i'm fine.

>Why would they not put something in the software to make some money?
Because they are already making money some other way and this is a hobby project. You know, like plenty of Linux developers, or like many painters and musicians and hobbyists in this world who give their shit out for free and don't give a shit. Like not everyone on Deviantfart has a Patreon and just gives their shit out there.
Humanity doesn't operate based on some script you think you figured out to make yourself feel smart anon.
>>
>>56615109
>Because i have no more trust in the copyright collectives...
My solution to that is sticking to free software or DRM-free proprietary software if really necessary.

>Never had a problem.
You may not see the problem, but someone could be using your resources, taking your data, having root access to your computer.
The best crimes are the ones that are never noticed. Personally I'm not willing to take the risk.

>Because they are already making money some other way and this is a hobby project.
The Fox and the Grapes: The Hobby Project
Still doesn't really explain why they don't share their code. Software created through reverse-engineering has a large educational value.

>Humanity doesn't operate based on some script you think you figured out to make yourself feel smart anon.
It's not something I thought I figured out, but it would be too naive to assume that other people are any better than me or have any more morals than my complete lack thereof.
Basically, if I would do it to them, why wouldn't they do it to me.
>>
>>56610824
literally who?

just use qbittorrent's search function or your country-specific trackers
>>
>MUH SEKTRI CLUB
>FED INFILITRATES
>FED HAS ALLLLLLLLLL USER PRIVY DATA
>ENTIRE COMMUNITY IS DESTROYED
>FED SENDS EVERYONE C&D/SETTLEMENT
Look at demonid

Yeah id rather not
>>
>>56614745
When people actualy use it and it has content
Its slower then freebird
>>
>>56611942

Have fun with your 128kbp/s rips pleb
>>
>>56611632
NOOOOO
Tor has some sketchy FBI shit going on and it's insecure
>>
>>56611309

>that said I obviously wouldn't turn down an invitation

Why would you even accept an invitation if you're not willing to seed? Just what kind of nigger are you?
>>
Piracy means pirates.

Sharing something isn't blasting a cannon off a ship.
>>
>>56612548
I'm curious anon, what kind of books do you usually read that can be easier found on private trackers? I'm assuming the usual bookfi / undernet / random search doesn't find you your files.
>>
>>56610884
Classic internet died when Geocities and msn chatrooms shut down
>>
>>56611300
legit or honeypot?
>>
File: fucking pirates.jpg (64KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
fucking pirates.jpg
64KB, 500x680px
>>
You can pay for access to private tracker websites? Which ones? I'd happily pay
>>
>>56611162
Kill yourself. Those download sites were fucking awful.

Decentralized anonymous internet when?
>>
>torrenting when usenet exists

?
>>
>>56622143
>paying to pirate
>(you)
>>
>>56610824
Update from founder, originally posted on TF:
>“It’s a combination of less traffic, less revenue and our bills piling up. Then add on constantly getting bugged by anti piracy agents, just wasn’t worth the headache anymore.”
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.