[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Windows so bad at handling hardware upgrades? Change motherboard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Windows-10-Feature-Image.jpg (69KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10-Feature-Image.jpg
69KB, 1920x1080px
Why is Windows so bad at handling hardware upgrades? Change motherboard and/or cpu and you'll be lucky to make it past the login screen before bluescreening.

Meanwhile on Linux you can upgrade whatever the fuck you want without any problems occurring.
>>
>>56607883
The indians that code it are too poor to ever even upgrade their house with a toilet, nevermind their computer with new parts
>>
Literally coded by people who shit in the street
>>
>>56607883
CPU change won't give you bluescreen, only motherboard change will. And only if it uses a different disk controller chip. It's very easy to get around if you really want to, but Windows will deactivate when you change mobo.
>>
I feel this must be a thing of the past. I changed my CPU, RAM and GPU on the same W7 install and it booted fine with 0 problems.

The only thing it couldn't handle was switching to AHCI after installation.
>>
I basically replaced my entire PC except for the hard drives, and updated to Win 10 afterwards, and didn't run into any issues. Not even driver-related ones. How come you folk can handle five different Linux distros but getting Windows to run poses am enormous array of frustrating problems to you?
>>
>>56608285
Shh, don't disturb their reality distortion field, you windows shill
>>
>>56607883
It's actually fixed with Windows 10. I know what you're going to say. "B-but le botnet."
>>
File: gibson vibrola.jpg (105KB, 736x551px) Image search: [Google]
gibson vibrola.jpg
105KB, 736x551px
>>56608285
>you folk
People that use windows and people that use linux are actually not different kinds of people.
>>
>>56607883
Because it doesn't really cater to that. You might get by you might not. Try to make a slipstream install disc or something. Or just reinstall. Windows seem to like to be reinstalled. I don't know why anyone would keep windows on the metal for more than a few months without just reinstalling or at least repairing it with the install disc. It just gets fucked over time.
>>
>>56609253
i wish
i don't want to be the same species as some weird sad illiterate loser who uses windows 10
>>
Windows 10's been pretty good about hardware changes.

Did a N68C-S UCC (Amd Athlon 64 x2) to H110M (I3 6100)swap and it booted up on the first try after spinning that circle and installing drivers by itself.

Windows became un-activated though, but it was no biggy.
>>
Idk, maybe read a simple guide before upgrading? Also, stop being retarde could help.
>Reeee i hate winduws bcoz is noob friendly OS that wurk peffecly for 99% of ppl but me pro me battah reeeeee linux is the shit free the wurld reeeee
>>
>>56607883
>Why is Windows so bad at handling hardware upgrades?
>Implying
I've been running windows 7 - that I installed on a 2007 2.0ghz dual core + hd 5670 + 2GB DDR2 RAM - on a 2500k/970 system.
After installing novidya drivers I've had 0 problems.
>>
>>56609726
Did you boot into safe mode first? Or just a normal boot? I might be doing a similar upgrade soon and can't be fucked to reinstall windows
>>
>>56610109
You're the only one being retarded here.
>>
>>56609713
Can't help but think that you might be an illiterate loser.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.