[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/g/ I've got a 3gb 7950 radeon, just ordered a 6gb 1060.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: r9700pro2(2).jpg (59KB, 512x350px) Image search: [Google]
r9700pro2(2).jpg
59KB, 512x350px
/g/ I've got a 3gb 7950 radeon, just ordered a 6gb 1060. Have I fucked up? The radeon sounds like a jet engine anything over 40% fan speed, couldn't take that shit anymore.
>>
>>56606500
Don't listen to any of the dx12 shills here, 1060 is much faster than any amd rx series card.

Rx only beats it in cherry picked dx12 synthetics with a beastmode OC i7 skylake to make up for amd driver overhead.
>>
File: his_7950iceq_4.jpg (63KB, 550x372px) Image search: [Google]
his_7950iceq_4.jpg
63KB, 550x372px
>>56606563
Yeah, I see through it mate. A decent upgrade over the 7950, anon? The noise of this fucking cunt is astounding.
>>
>>56606593
Not them but it seems to be nearly double the frames on most games. Depends on whether you think that's worthwhile or not
>>
>>56606500
I had the pic related card
HL 2 was cash
>>
>>56606563
>make up for amd driver overhead.
This.

So many AMD fans fail to realize a powerful CPU is necessary for big gains in dx12.
Most don't pair a rx470-480 with a 6700k or better
>>
File: 1285163350324.jpg (135KB, 595x483px) Image search: [Google]
1285163350324.jpg
135KB, 595x483px
> Nvidia shills btfo over the fact that their overpriced GPUs are being beat by $240 480s

> B-b-but they're adding async support to the drivers for pascal!

> B-b-but those game benchmarks are just 'synthetic' and d-don't count!

> H-hardly any games even use DirectX 12!

The same thing in every thread. Pathetic.

>>56606500

If you want better performance in DX11 games, keep the 1060. If you want better performance in DX12 games get a 480. The price difference between the two is almost nothing and performance wise both of them will be perfectly fine for maxing games at 1080p for the forseeable future.

Don't listen to the retarded assfaggots on /g/ (except for me, I'm smart, listen to me) - You honestly can't go wrong with either GPU, right now is an excellent time for budget minded PC gamers. Just don't get the 3GB retard 1060 or the 4GB slightly less retard 480. Go 6GB or 8GB and you'll be fine.
>>
File: power_bluray2.png (133KB, 500x930px) Image search: [Google]
power_bluray2.png
133KB, 500x930px
>>56606500
You did good. Enjoy your quiet GPU.
>>
>>56608004

> 32w
> "housefire"

> 295X2
> Dual GPU card
> Surprised when it has higher power consumption than single GPU cards

What sorta 'tard made this graph?
>>
File: power_bluray.png (28KB, 500x650px) Image search: [Google]
power_bluray.png
28KB, 500x650px
>>56608050
Nice cherry picking. Why don't you explain the ones in-between?
R9 270X has shit tier performance anyway, equivalent to the GTX 760.
295x2 gets rekt in performance by GTX 1080 anyway, don't lay the blame on others if you need 2x GPU to perform as well as the competing company.
>>
>>56608146

Honestly if you built your own PC and your PSU can't handle a measely 90w of usage than you need to go back to prebuilts, or better yet, consoles.

Power usage when idle is a meaningless metric, you posting it is literally cherrypicking because power usage is the only area where Nvidia has a solid lead (as opposed to price, overall performance, and support for next gen APIs).
>>
>>56608385
Too bad OP's problem is not a shitty PSU, but a noisy GPU because it needs massive airflow to cool its atrocious heat output, for which an argument like "the electricity cost only $5 more a year" can't fix.
>>
>>56608602

I have an 8GB RX 480 and it idles so low that the fans don't even run.

I'm assuming you can configure a 1060 to do the same. Noise isn't exactly something you have to worry about with modern mid-range GPUs.

Honestly though there is a better than average chance that the OP is a retard and has fans clogged full of dust or something and that is why his old "7950 radeon" is so loud.

> muh silent PC

Computers make noise. Components generate heat and fans are required to cool them. You either get a silent PC or a high performance PC, you can't have it both ways.
>>
>tfw want gpu upgrade
>realize games are becoming less fun
>don't bother upgrading
>no matter what I do I will never enjoy what I'm doing
>there is no point to life
>the things I want aren't happening
>even if I fixed them, it would just be another thing
>I have severe self confidence issues
>unemployed
>anti social
>bicep is torn
>tooth is cracked
>virgin
>stopped working out
>bacne, cysts, eczema
>stopped communicating with school friends
>can't tell if studying CS was a mistake, or if I'm just depressed from my arm.

Someone come fucking end me already.
>>
>>56608719

Either start exercising/lifting weights (sounds faggy but you can even just start going for a walk every night to begin with and get back to lifting once your bicep is healed), or talk to your doctor and get on some Zoloft or something.

Preferably the first one, but either one will work.
>>
If noise is your biggest concern then the 1060 should be good as long as the cooler isn't crap. ~130W cards with open air coolers should be quieter than a typical stock CPU fan in most situations, unless you bought a crappy card.
>>
>>56607996
>240 dollar 480

link please
>>
>>56608719
Just exercise your other arm. That way, when you heal, it can be a game to try and bring your once defective arm back up to speed. Just develop the 'Fuck it' attitude. Life gets exponentially better with it.
>>
>>56608719
Get acutane, vitamin B5, nizoral shampoo. All these things will help acne. I think the last two you apply directly to the area. The first one has serious sides, but worth it if you're suicidal over being you. Talk to your doctor about an antidepressant, also. Don't do drugs. Unless you know for sure they're good drugs. Don't dwell on the past. Don't think about the future. Maybe do drugs. I don't know. Do you have drugs for me to do? I want drugs.
>>
>>56609174

Reference 8GB cards are $240, 4GB are $200.

Mining fags were buying them all for a while but you can find them online now if you look hard enough.

Alternately you can get aftermarket 8GB RX 480s right now on Newegg for $259
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.