[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which laptop is the best to install Linux on? It seems like every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: tp61p.jpg (113KB, 800x721px) Image search: [Google]
tp61p.jpg
113KB, 800x721px
Which laptop is the best to install Linux on? It seems like every time I install Linux, there's always something that just doesn't work right.
>>
>le novo thinkpad
>>
>>56606476
>It seems like every time I install Linux, there's always something that just doesn't work right
That's part of the GNU/Linux experience
>>
>>56606476
Sounds like pebkac
>>
>>56606920
kek
>>
>>56606476
Well, you have to install the drivers too.
>>
File: PicsArt_09-14-10.12.08.jpg (376KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PicsArt_09-14-10.12.08.jpg
376KB, 1500x1000px
>>56606920
install ubuntu 16.04 and everything is working.
you actually can print something without fucking around. also trackpad and trackpoint support.
when you close the lid. your machine suspends automatically.
either your expectations are to high or your knowledge too low.
>>
>>56607690
fuck off weeb
>>
>>56606476
I installed Ubuntu on an X220, worked fine.
What exactly hasn't worked for you in the past?
Also there's this:
>http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/
Specifically for Ubuntu, but I don't see why the following laptops wouldn't work for other distros.
>>
>>56607690
He's right, Jewbuntu 16.04 runs fine on my fancy-schmancy lenovo t-series.
>>
>>56606476
>install Linux
You might be better asking which linux is most trouble free on your particular laptop. Or which linux you want to use and what laptop is best.

Otherwise your threads reads like: I tried computer and it didn't work. Help me.

Typically if you've got a new laptop try something ubuntu for starters. If you've got an older or really old laptop you might have some challenges and you'll have to get more determined than just hitting a board with vague questions.
>>
what kind of battery life do you get?
>>
not sure about you but 99% of the computers I've used worked out of the box on linux, all I had to do is switch to proprietary graphics drivers but that's optional.

all my computers chipsets/drivers are mostly intel like network/lan what kind of shit tier hardware are you using?
>>
My Thinkpad X260 works great with Fedora 24. Absolutely everything works. However, I bought mine without a webcam and fingerprint reader (no use for either) and my friends fingerprint reader is problematic.

Firstly, fprintd doesn't work properly. So while it'll scan your finger, it doesn't seem to store it properly, so it won't unlock using the stored data. Also, when you unlock the machine, the fingerprint reader starts flashing green, you input your password and unlock the machine, and the reader continues flashing. Like nothing is telling the reader "it's unlocked, you can stop now".
>>
>>56611026
>using m'Fedora
its like nothing is telling you "you can stop now"
>>
I heard Thinkpad are good for linux
>>
>>56611617
What's wrong with Fedora? And give us a good answer. Not a meme. Not some childish retort. Give us a good technical reason that someone should not be using Fedora...
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.