[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

C > Go > Rust > D > Assembly > JavaScript >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 30

C > Go > Rust > D > Assembly > JavaScript > Perl > Python > Ruby > C++ > Bash > PHP > Java > C# > .NET

I'm pretty sure no one here would disagree.
>>
>>56606131
I would put bash a little higher than that.
Javascript is too high.
"Assembly" isn't a language.
.NET isn't a language.

Otherwise it's pretty on point.
>>
>25 keywords

A retarded language for retards.
>>
>C# > .NET
.NET is not a language, but a combination of a runtime environment (the Common Language Runtime) and a class library (the Framework Class Library). It is consequently the runtime environment targeted by C# and the standard library available to C#.

>Go > Rust
Go is like a jam and cheese sandwich. Its individual elements may be okay, but together, they are terrible. You would not mix jam or jelly with cheese, and you would not put a garbage collector inside of a systems language. Go is garbage.
>>
>>56606131
>C > C# > Java > Go > Rust > C++ > JavaScript == Python > D > PHP > Perl > Ruby > Bash

Assembly gets removed firstly because it's a necessary evil when used and secondly there's everything from ARM (which is so easy it's fun) to x86 (omg pls no).

PHP gets bumped up because there's little else you can drop into a html file and inject logic after a user requests a page and before it actually returns. This seems whatever if you're an insufferable noob, but it's the easiest way to have Google appropriately indexing your page if you have a lot of data coming from a backend.

Also
>.NET
>a language
OP, do you even code? C# is an amazing with good features and like java, the only thing wrong with it is that there's so many people using it that inevitably you're going to find a lot of ugly code.

But that's just as true for C which you placed first. Regardless, it and C both have epic range of libraries, none of which have crippled speed, putting these languages in the top 3: consider them for your next project.

And all those scripting languages thrown in? Says something about you.

Have you ever used D? Have you found a single useful library for it? Besides hello world, what do you do with it? It's like you found a random language with decent syntax and decided like a noob it was good. Do you see Vala in my list? No? Then shut the fuck up because Vala is faster, prettier and can use more libraries than D.

>>56606196
Actually, JavaScript gets extra points and allowance for its horrid typing because you can basically use it everywhere these days, it's the reverse of D which you can't really use... Anywhere, despite D not being a bad language.

>>56606246
I sometimes wish C++ had less keywords. The whole idea of separate class definition and class method definitions shits me, especially when you're playing around with static and extern which mean different things in context. Eugh.
>>
>>56606348
>especially when you're playing around with static and extern

Overloading keywords is definitely a bad idea, but C++ is such a terrible language that you almost don't notice.
>>
>>56606131
least to most used?
>>
>>56606131
> being googles bitch
> trusting Google not to abandon it like they have done to dart, polymer, angular, etc.
Dumb fucking cunt, go back to installing VBulletin plugins.
>>
>tfw perl stack at work

just kill me
>>
I'm a profesional programmer. I've written over 1mil lines of C, C++, Java, C#, JavaScript, Go, and Rust.

Go is the best.
>>
>>56606131
> Perl over python, ruby and C++
> Assembly, .NET
You might as well take a Bacheler of Arts anon, computers aren't for you.
>>
>>56606622
>Go is the best.

If you want to write a lot of shitty code, yes.
>>
>>56606488
This.
>>
File: sbcl.jpg (38KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
sbcl.jpg
38KB, 768x384px
>>56606131
PLUTOCRAT GOD TIER TECH AND LANG

Common Lisp> Guile > javascript > C > Bash > gawk > emacs > PCRE > perl > elisp > Gnu Make> Octave > R > assembly > PL/pgSQL >
GNU >
GUIX > Debian > Python > Ruby > objC > Haskell>
nginx > Hunchentoot > Node.js > ABCL > KAWA > clojure >
> Gnu Screen >
StumpWM>
> > > Jetty
>>> Java

LITTLE PEOPLE LANGUAGES, TECHNOLOGIES AND FRAMEWORKS

C++, C#, PHP, Scala, Go, RoR, Angular, VB, VB .NET, * .NET, TCL, Lua, KSH, ZSH, SPRING, BSD, CLANG, Swift, Rust, Dart, Clojurescript, Typescript, CoffeScript, Apache, Eclipse, Brew, DevOps, Chef, Puppet, Glassfish, IIS, JBoss, WildFly, Apache*, OSGi, and Windows.
>>
File: how-taylor-swift-TAXES.jpg (157KB, 1878x1409px) Image search: [Google]
how-taylor-swift-TAXES.jpg
157KB, 1878x1409px
>>56606913
>>
File: yes.jpg (65KB, 603x720px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
65KB, 603x720px
>>56606131
You obviously do not program.
>>
>>56606913
How's your latest hello world project coming along? Don't mind me, I'm just working on a server side rendering platform so you can build entire sites with 6 lines of C# and however much JSX you can handle.

>>56606622
You realise Go is Google's Java? The only reason you like it is because the only code you've seen of it is either example code or your own code.

Of course shit developers think obscure languages are good.
>>
>>56606322
>garbage collector inside of a systems language
I agree that it's an unusual choice, but its apparently not unreasonable, just look at the Docker meme. You're not going to be writing an OS in Go, but you're not going to write a high-level distributed system in Rust either.

That's where I think the disconnect is, really. I think Go is a systems language in Google's vocabulary, rather than the traditional sense.

>>56606913
>Racket not even mentioned
>JavaScript in god tier
Off yourself, poser.
>>
File: huey.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
huey.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>56607024
>C# JSX
> server side rendering
Good luck with that and your OS/2 Windows pile of shit.
>6 lines of code
That must be an awesome site, ..... bro.
> Name three useless and tired technologies
> Survey said
GO - Google - Java in one sentence like any of that is good or necessary,

> implying .NET, C#, and various Faggotron Tech has any value and is not obscure
> implying if your 13 year old ass has not seen it between vidya and fapping it must be obscure
>>
File: 40-Ounce-Beer.jpg (25KB, 346x400px) Image search: [Google]
40-Ounce-Beer.jpg
25KB, 346x400px
>>56607073
Racket is not a production tool Guile is.
> Javascript is just Scheme with a bad syntax
Javascript controls the browser.
Sweet.js gives it macros.
> control the browser = cash money
>>
My favorite language to program in is Ada. What it costs in work to write saves months of pain in debugging in maintenance. It is clear to understand because everything is made explicit.
>>
File: wtfuup2.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wtfuup2.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>56607155
>Let me FTFY
ADA was created for the Gov't (DoD) to stop rent seeking from contractors which had created over 450 programming languages.

SQL is better and type safety and all that "ADAness" still blows up rockets.
>>
>>56606131
https://play.golang.org/p/sI0h9sUZw-

>>56606488
>>56607024
Go is open source
>>
File: Richard-Stallman.jpg (41KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Richard-Stallman.jpg
41KB, 800x534px
>>56607373
> Open Source
Barely and stop using "Open Source"
> GPL is Free
Go sucks from its package system, build tool, to its concurrency model to the faggot companies that use it.
>>
>>56606131
This is all out of context.
Your point is null :^)
>>
>>56607460
>Barely
it's BSD

>stop using "Open Source"
??

>Go sucks from its package system, build tool
patches are welcome

>its concurrency model to the faggot companies that use it.
oh, right, the opinion of a retard. not sure why I bothered replying.
>>
>>56606131
whereas func main()

I vomited a little
>>
File: slap.jpg (69KB, 567x440px) Image search: [Google]
slap.jpg
69KB, 567x440px
>>56607517
BSD does not keep the code free.
It is a sucker bet.

Open Source is the words used by cowards.
Open Source makes no sense.

Go is not a patch problem it is an architecture and toolchain and an engineering flaw - Not Invented Here.

>Implying you are not a retard
Actor model FTW!

> you just need to read more and program computers
>>
>>56606131

>Perl ahead of C++
>JAVASCRIPT ahead of C++
>FUCKING RUBY AHEAD OF C++
>>
File: somethingWrong.jpg (118KB, 768x841px) Image search: [Google]
somethingWrong.jpg
118KB, 768x841px
>>56607607
C++ even on a list
>>
>>56607590
if it's BSD, then you, or anyone, can use it and fork it.
the license of the language and the libs doesn't imply the software can't be Free software, are you retarded?

I'm all for free software, but I don't see how this affects the products of the Go devs or their users at all
>>
File: Wittgenstein.jpg (51KB, 882x918px) Image search: [Google]
Wittgenstein.jpg
51KB, 882x918px
>>56607645
>if it's BSD, then you, or anyone, can use it and fork it.
Stop being illiterate:
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html
>>
>>56606629

/thread
>>
>>56607373
So is C#, Java, C, C++..

Oh that's every language with at least something open source? So what does it mean that Go is open source?

Nothing against Go, I especially like how it handles networking, I just think /g/ is over rating it.

>>56607607
Lots of people don't like C++. It's a massive language.

>>56607078
Reminder that C# is leading with cross platform and is only slightly slower than Java. Something written in C# can appear on android, osx, Linux, whatever.

If your thing is "I don't want to force you into an operating system and/or I want to release this for the widest audience as possible" you probably appreciate C# and probably more willing to talk about mono than .NET.

>>56607645
You can fork GPL, you just can't sell it without asking for a sublicense from the original author. I see no reason why I, as a NEET who's been applying for jobs for years, should work for you for free and have my code being monetized for you without me receiving any reward or encouragement at all. This is what BSD promotes. GPL scares software lawyers, that's a good thing in itself.

The ideal is if you actually even thought about using my library, then you should offer me a job or at least donate maybe 5$. That's how GPL should benefit NEETs.

BSD is only a good idea if you're Google and don't give a fuck, you just want as many people using your meme language as possible. For everyone else, don't release code without GPL.
>>
C++ > Python > C > D > Bash > C# > Javascript > Ruby > Java > Perl

dont mind me, ill just be getting shit done efficiently
>>
>>56607220
>ADA
Wew
>>
>>56607024
>Go is googles java

Except is doesn't run in a vm you retard
>>
File: TheMoreYouKnow.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
TheMoreYouKnow.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
>>56607740
>cross platform
> implying that even exists or matters
Like anything past the browser even matters
Like server side would be anything but GNU + Linux on Intel

> the widest audience as possible
IS THE WEB AND MOBILE

>You can fork GPL, you just can't sell it without asking for a sublicense from the original author.
You make little sense with this post
and
You obviously do not program.
> or read.
>>
Rust > ALL
>>
>>56607759
>C++
>Efficient

NOPE. you might be thinking of D.
>>
>>56607759
> FTFY
C > Bash > Javascript > Perl
>>
>>56607697
m8, are you slow or something? the golang compiler, and its libs, aren't software that end users will use or should care about in the first place. only devs care about golang, and for most devs, having a BSD-licensed compiler shouldn't be a problem, at all.

>https://www.gnu.org/licenses/bsd.html
did YOU read this article you just linked?

>Non-copyleft licenses do not insist on this. We recommend copyleft, because it protects freedom for all users, but non-copylefted software can still be free software, and useful to the free software community.
>There are many variants of simple non-copyleft free software licenses, such as the Expat license, FreeBSD license, X10 license, the X11 license, and the two BSD (Berkeley Software Distribution) licenses. Most of them are equivalent except for details of wording, but the license used for BSD until 1999 had a special problem: the “obnoxious BSD advertising clause”. It said that every advertisement mentioning the software must include a particular sentence:
[...]
this is the BSD license of Go: https://golang.org/LICENSE . there is no such clause here...
>>
>>56607759
>python
But running slowly.

>>56607779
More or less, it doesn't have intermediate code, but it still runs kind of like a JIT and still garbage collects and still has a VM feel.

>>56607819
GPL is scary to lawyers, how much more tldr do you need?

>cross platform
>matters
It does when there are so many Apple and Windows servers out there, or if you want to target mobile and desktop without too much fragmentation of code.

So do you even code?
>>
>>56606348
I'd push C++ up your list or maybe C++11

You're still pretty down to the metal with no framework bloat like in Rust\Go.
>>
File: 1471896027104.jpg (87KB, 600x782px) Image search: [Google]
1471896027104.jpg
87KB, 600x782px
Java is best programmkng language
>>
>>56607819
>>56607861
Besides GPL being scary, it's a big fuckup for some projects and people don't want the headache.

It's also the extreme oposite of a free as in freedom licence...

>YOU HAVE THE FREEDOMS SO LONG AS YOU PLAY BY MY RULES *eats toeshit*
>>
File: povertyIsAStateOfMind.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
povertyIsAStateOfMind.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>56607854
First only faggots and sailors use BSD license!
First and a half nobody uses BSD.

Second Go plainly sucks.
It sucks no matter what license but
Google still has to use the cockblock BSD

BSD is shit because it can create closed source and has - think Microsoft...

We do not need anymore close source shit
We do not need any more code making US better PRODUCT not better product for us

We do not need anymore languages using shitty tools and shitty concurrency

We most certainly do no need another Google Langauge or framework
>>
>>56607940
""""""""""""FREEDOM""""""""""""
>>
>>56607967
You don't need pussy either, I suppose
>>
>>56607460
>>56607590
>>56607639
>>56607697
>>56607819
>>56607967
mate, you are cringe-worthy
>dislikes go because muh freedom
>yet doesn't even know/read what stallman writes
>pics about "poverty being a state of mind" and mee philosophers that you probably haven't even read (judging by the previous facts I stated)

I'm sure you are a retard IRL, or you have mental problems, or something. you don't even recognize your own dumb contradictions
>>
>>56608026
>mee
*meme
>>
File: WTFWTF.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WTFWTF.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>56607861
I read posts liek this and wonder...

Only asshats, fools, and suckers use Apple Servers - holy fucking shit you would have to be a complete fucking moron to use an Apple server.
IN FACT APPLE STOPPED EVEN MAKING THESE THINGS OVER 12 YEARS AGO!!
>Apple Server software is a work group administrator - it does passwords and printers and shit.

Windows servers - holy fuck no!
Waste of Money.
There is literally nothing you can do with Windows that can not be done with GNU except needlessly and foolishly waste money.

GPL is not scary, you do not know wtf you post about.
> Proof GPL is NOT scary - JAVA
> JAVA the Cobol of the 21st century
> JAVA the darling of ENTERPRISE

>So do you even code?
STFU you never been nothing
>>
>>56607940
From my perspective all GPL means is dropping the license file in my project and starting my files with a few lines of code. It's 20 seconds out of my day.

The fact that it's a headache for you is glorious, it means you can't monetise my code without me and you know it. The only way to make a profit with my code and my work is to contact me and offer me a few hundred for a sublicense, but you won't because you and the other suits don't want to deal with white male NEETs. You don't want to hire them, you don't want to work with them and every reminder that the best programmers are white male NEETs just sets you off.

I'm sorry, but you're a faggot cunt. The answer is so shockingly simple, shoot me an email, offer me money or a job, suddenly there is no license at all on my code. It becomes yours. I buy a car and start using tinder, you get to make money from my hard work. Wow, it's almost like a fair transaction in some sort of free market.

Guys, don't not GPL. Ever. No other license will serve YOU. Don't lgpl, don't agpl, just gpl.

>>56608103
Do you have a point? Make it and leave.
>>
File: meditate.jpg (580KB, 1280x1112px) Image search: [Google]
meditate.jpg
580KB, 1280x1112px
>>56608026
>I'm sure you are a retard IRL, or you have mental problems, or something. you don't even recognize your own dumb contradictions

Even if that is all true GO still sucks.

> learn to not fallacy
>>
File: local23A.jpg (63KB, 446x600px) Image search: [Google]
local23A.jpg
63KB, 446x600px
>>56608117
My point is you are incorrect.

GPL software is free as in freedom

I do not have to do anything to sell it.

> you are drinking or brain damaged
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
>>
>>56608185
You can sell GPLed code like you can sell your virginity.
Do you know someone that has successfully sold a GPLed program?
>>
>>56608185
Please don't buzzword catchphrase me, it feels like I'm talking to an SJW talking about their nonexistent chains that haven't existed on anyone for 200 years.

GPL scares lawyers and this is awesome, they'll outright tell developer teams not to use GPL code or contact them for a sublicense. This is good for the creator. It means either they're getting a cut or no one is, but the creator still gets exposure. Considering programming is hard work to do right, any other arrangement is unfair no matter how you look at it.

Are you unemployed? I don't actually give a fuck, but if you were and your only income came from begging friends and family for five dollar notes, I doubt you'd find my sentiment as "incorrect."

Do not pretend you understand the suffering of the NEET.
>>
>>56608260
REDHAT
IBM
ORACLE
JBoss
Google
and more...
>You massive illiterate faggot
>>
File: stop.jpg (10KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
10KB, 200x200px
>>56608262
>pic related
>>
>>56608301
nope
>>
>>56608392
stfu
>>
>>56608415
and CISCO too
>>
File: 1448769623936.png (3MB, 2562x1514px) Image search: [Google]
1448769623936.png
3MB, 2562x1514px
>>56608260
>Do you know someone that has successfully sold a GPLed program?
>>
>>56608415
you made a wild incorrect statement before, in case you didn't notice
>>
File: employment.png (474KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
employment.png
474KB, 500x500px
>>56608456
> You are not clever.
> You are incorrect or posting in a way that is not intelligible to you thoughts.
> This impedance mismatch between what you post and what you think you are posting is ignorance - this could be temporary due to inebriation or by injury and medical emergency.
You are drunk or having a stroke.

Please stop posting and/or seek medical attention.

>Why?
>Because you are wrong.
> Learn to google, massive faggot.
>>
>>56608367
Same cunt, upset I called him a communist.

>>56608449
Selling anything without decent marketing or a project that's so amazing people talk about it is more difficult than the uninformed, ignoramus believes.

Same with starting a business, no, not everyone can do it, almost everyone will need at least one other person to fill in gaps of expertise. Don't know anyone? You can't start a business.
>>
>>56608547
Selling services around GPL software is different than selling GPL software.
>>
>>56606131

> learning how to program

what the fuck is the point? just hire some pathetic runts to code for you if you have a brilliant business idea
>>
File: tankscape.jpg (157KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tankscape.jpg
157KB, 1024x768px
>>56608589
You make no sense.
Go sucks, really, I know this, people, who program computers, share this opinion.
Nobody who is decent at the craft of software appreciates, uses or likes Go.
> For real, no joke, seriously - not kidding.
There are correct answers - this is like math.

You do not understand the GPL, Law, or software.
>starting a business...not everyone can do it, almost everyone will need at least one other person to fill in gaps of expertise...
These things you definitely know nothing about,
You don't even use the unlimited knowledge available from the internet to learn about, apparently, anything.
You are a loser.
> stop drunk posting.
>>
>>56608652
>believes in """"""FREEDOM""""""
>calls other people losers

How do I know that you are a smelly neckbeard?
>>
>>56608632
You are incorrect.
You are unaware of modern architecture.
You do not understand.
>also
Apple too!
>>
>>56608690
You don't but I know you are a loser.
>>
>>56608738
make an example so that even a retard like myself could understand
>>
>>56606131
>Javascript is superior to Python
>No mention of Haskell
>.NET is a programming language

Wew lad
>>
>>56608652
Sorry, what is it you don't like about Go? It fills a pretty important market need IMO, better people use Go than ruby (slowasshit vulnerable unlexable) perl (90s called) python (virtualenv 2vs3) or javascript (left-pad). Go's interface model and package model is aggressive but leads to C++-level performance with PHP-level compile-times. The fact that it can be used in a "systems" (terminology undefined, basically means static linking) programming context is just gravy.
>>
>>56608758
>You don't but I know you are a loser.

I've never seen a freedomfag with a healthy testosterone level.
>>
you guys are posting in a troll thread

>>56608809
>Sorry, what is it you don't like about Go?
did't you notice that the faggot you are replying to doesn't know shit about programming, licenses, or anything related to technology, at all? he's just spouting buzzwords
>>
>>56608763
google any of those companies, like google and your android phone or Apple and OSX or Oracle and Java or Cisco and Linksys or IBM and websphere or RED HAT and RHEL or TIVO or shit like WORDPRESS and the plugins or ORACLE MySQL or the countless appliances that use Linux as a kernel...

You are not fucking clever.
Software is sold with GPL all the time.
You are being obtuse.
>>
>>56606131
I wouldn't say PHP or Java is quite THAT low.

And JavaScript DEFINITELY isn't that HIGH...
C++ is also WAY too low. I'd put it right next to C, unless you over-OOP everything... THEN, it's about right...
C++ in the style of C is the objectively best language & technique, in other words "Writing C code, but throwing in a C++ feature as needed" (and compiling AS C++)

But, I also only know, of those:
C/++, JS, Bash, PHP, and Java
I never picked up C#, because it's a useless Microsoft ripoff of Java, which is already pretty bad (though I wouldn't say AS bad as YOU marked it)
In addition, for Assembly, I've only done some simple MIPS x64 for a class, so I don't have a right to really rank that.
I also know VB/A, and they BOTH suck metric fucking ass. So, if THAT'S what you meant by ".NET", you're damn right. (I also assume ASP.NET is included, but I never bothered to learn that... for obvious reasons)
I don't actually know how to write Python, but I've seen some code in it, and it looked pretty shit. Have since lost any REAL interest in learning it, though I still might at some point for shits and giggles. Although, I have heard it's apparently useful for automation...
Might pick up Perl and Ruby at some point.
I don't know anything about Go, Rust, or D, except I heard Rust has been used in OS development, but IDK why anyone would bother with that, since C/++ can be used.

Also, Bash is a shell scripting language, and it's... ok. Only *NIX OS I have available on any of my machines is FreeBSD. I'd like to make it my primary with a new computer, but either way, I don't actually USE Bash; I use Sh/Bsh
>>
forth > c
>>
Why is there so much emphasis on choice of OS and programming language on this board? You treat this shit like consumer products.
>>
File: two_dogs.jpg (442KB, 805x1024px) Image search: [Google]
two_dogs.jpg
442KB, 805x1024px
>>56608857
> I agree
Yeah I am done with this middle management speak.

Fuck all you trolls.
Fuck you all.
>>
>>56608886
>You treat this shit like consumer products.
>choice of OS and programming language
Because... we're all fucking spergs, why else?

I could ask the same about YOUR hobbies. I bet you'd go all off about whatever the hell you like. Maybe sports, maybe fine cuisine, maybe anime (I also into this, though), idk.
And would YOU not treat it as a consumer product in the way you discuss it?
>>
>>56608913
No, I don't treat things like a console war kiddie.
>>
>>56608870
You are buying support for a platform or a hardware device, not the software.
>>
>>56608934
What's you top 3 hobbies, then?

>>56608870
Oh, hmmm, I totally forgot to mention MySQL and Oracle SQL.
Add those to this:
>>56608874
>>
>>56606131
>D > Assembly > JavaScript > Perl
cut it and paste it after .NET in reverse order, and I could agree
>>
Yeah, I agree
>>
>>56608952
>stop trolling
Legally and Technically you do not buy Windows either, you can't buy software in a "fee simple" manner and GPL is the closest to "fee simple" in that is it yours to do as you wish.
"Closed Source" is never sold in fact you lease or with proprietary software you get nothing for your money, you can just run it if you agree to the EULA.

But yes you are paying for software and for real when it is GPL.
>>
What's with all the Go shilling lately? Has the word reached India?
>>
>>56609048
Google shills only you can't earn a living with GO as an Indian yet.
>>
>>56609048
It's a good language. Better than C++ or Java, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>56609066
NO, it is not a good language.
>Better than C++ or Java, that's for damn sure.
You realize you just said nothing, right?
>>
>>56609066
Go is an insult to all modern day programming languages.
>>

<include studio.h>
int main()
{
printf("Clearly") ;
}

>>
>>56609085
>>56609091
One day when you actually learn to program you'll realize how dumb you sound.
>>
>>56609094
dafuq?
#include <stdio.h>
>>
File: sicp.png (103KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
sicp.png
103KB, 512x512px
>>56609139
>this is coming from a go "programmer"
>>
>chan
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>56606913
This should have been OP

I'm pretty sure no one here would disagree.
>>
File: 1404947307314.jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1404947307314.jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
>>56609094
>studio
>>
>>56606131
C > Rust > Go > Assembly > C++ > Java > C# > PHP > JavaScript > Python > Ruby >Perl
Fixed it for you m8
>>
>>56609094
>studio
>didn't even include it right
>>
>>56606465
>C
>Least used
>>
>>56609139
One day you actually learn who to program you'll realize how important generic data structures are.
>>
Go is the HELL NO language pushed by conglomer-politics(s) in order to maintain Power and profits. It's a fact most Goolge products, esp Chrom - are used as Back doors into massive data collection. Every keystroke, piece of data through your lovely ISPs & MSPs straight to lions den To oppress any "sheep" that it may cross. Wake up people - stop using Goolge crap! You have been warned - ceefour
>>
>>56609394
Generics are for people who don't know how to code properly.
>>
>>56609598
Nice try, Rob Pike. How's that OS coming along?
>>
>>56606131
You're retarded.
>>
>>56607697
wittgenstein, my man
>>
>javascript over anything
>>
correct.
>>
>>56606488
dumbass.
golang is opensource, angular is still going, angular 2 final today.
and i'd rather work with google than fucking fucking oracle which is slowly shit strangling java.
>>
>>56607460
lets review your dumbness
it's a fairly standard BSD license (see https://opensource.org/licenses)

it has a great packaging system. I would much rather pick a system to use with it that matches whatever i'm working on rather than having some galactic sized shit storm of a system like npm.
the build tool is great. the go command does so much for you. what do you think is missing?
what? the concurrency model is far more advanced and easy to use than 99% of other stuff out there.
>>
>>56607590
bsd has been around for a long time.
the vast majority of stuff on github is bsd or bsd like.
go's decisions make it a great architecture with a good tool chain. and what the fuck do you mean nih? fucking look up who ken thompson is, it WAS invented there.
>>
>>56609938
>good tool chain
>go get only allows cloning repos from the master branch
Ayyy
>>
Anybody claiming that C++, which is, except for little details that don't really matter, a superset of C, is literally claiming that he's too stupid to use more features. And clearly has never worked on anything bigger than a fizz buzz, since doing OOP in C is really painful, and not doing OOP in a big project is retarded.
>>
File: 0b6V7mi.jpg (84KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
0b6V7mi.jpg
84KB, 640x520px
>>56609906
is the package system better than npm?
no.

pic unrelated
>>
>>56606131
>Perl > Python
>PHP > Java
>>
>>56609993
leftpad and 30 thousands files when building something. yeah npm is real great
>>
>>56609950
that's more of a dependency sanitation idea.
want to work on a branch? copy it locally.
>>
>>56610078
Your 'idea' has been implemented in nearly all package managers.
>>
>>56609022
>talmudic babble

Free software advocates are the most disingenuous people I know, and you are not an exception.
>>
>>56606913
tbqh this
>>
>>56610268
wow you really showed him
fuck freedom, im install windows right now so that i can feel better about myself because an anonymous poster on an anonymous imageboard posted something that would otherwise hurt my feelings
>>
>>56610340
I don't have anything against Linux or open source. But i can't stand freetards. They lie lie lie. And drive away reasonable people from the field .
>>
>>56610397
go see a shrink
>>
>>56610413
>Actively fights to give away his work for free
>thinks others are crazy

Ok
>>
>>56606131

Functional > Procedural > Object-based > Object-Oriented

This is all you need to know.
>>
>>56610619
You forgot to add "when your biggest project is fizz buzz".
>>
>>56606629
Its true.
>>
>>56606131
C > C++ > JavaScript > Bash > PHP > C# > Java > Literally Anything > Perl > Ruby > Python
>>
>>56606131
C > rest
>>
File: drake rms.jpg (186KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
drake rms.jpg
186KB, 690x460px
>>56606348
>C# #2
>>
>rust and go anywhere in the list
rule 2
>>
>>56608771
>Javascript superior to anything
>>
>hipstershit like go, rust and d is even on the list
>c++ is that low
>hating on java and c#
OP is faggot, just like usual
>>
>>56610320
well made point.
>>
>>56606131
JavaScript > Ruby > SmallTalk > Go > Bash > the rest
>>
>>56606913
this
>>
>>56606322
this is the shittiest jab at Go I've ever seen

it's abundantly clear that you're repeating shit you overheard and have no real clue of how to convey your opinions because you haven't developed them organically
>>
>>56606565
I feel you OP, but at least it's not obfuscated
>>
File: Bucknall.jpg (20KB, 232x320px) Image search: [Google]
Bucknall.jpg
20KB, 232x320px
Pascal > all
>>
>>56612969
Sure, his prose could be better but Go is still garbage?
>>
>>56613039
If go was garbage it would have collected itself. BTFO anti-go shills
>>
>>56613033
You know what, Pascal IS god-tier. Object Pascal is pretty close to, if not its equal.

BTW, where do I obtain a copy of that ?. Bucknall was pretty much the oracle when it came to data structures and such.
>>
>>56606322
Go isn't a systems language, google makes it clear it's for server backends
>>
>>56613033
I love Pascal but god damn does it wear your keyboard out after a while. It'd be nice if there were a Pascal plugin or something.
>>
>>56606131
>go and rust above C++ and Bash
opinion discarded
>>
> Perl > Python

nigga wut. stop meming
>>
>>56607740
C++ hate is a meme by people who like their meme languages with <= 1 purpose in life.

Also if C# is slower than Java and they're both cross-platform, why even bother with C#? There is literally no point to using Microsoft's shittier Java.
>>
>>56607832
muh meme languages
let me know when you finish first year CS
>>
>>56607833
C++ is perfectly efficient as long as you don't program like a retard. It's a language that forces you to code intelligently.
>>
>>56608763
Canonical sells Ubuntu support, not Ubuntu
Red Hat sells RH support, not RH
>>
>>56608874
finally someone else who actually knows some shit
>>
>>56614289
C# does cross platform ever so slightly better. With C#, you'll only run into issues with C library interop. Plenty of java libraries aren't cross platform and cause a fuss on linux (lwjgl).

It's slightly better despite being slightly slower.
>>
>>56609066
>this new super cool and EZ language will replace time-tested rigorous languages
How many times in the past 15 years has someone said this?
>>
File: 1473839072371.jpg (13KB, 134x158px) Image search: [Google]
1473839072371.jpg
13KB, 134x158px
>>56609094
>studio.h
I guess this is what people mean when they say the're "code artisans"
>>
>>56609598
t. someone who has never had to write any large program
>>
>>56608103
Active Directory.

There is a reason microsoft is breaking away from the server game and leaning more towards the application game. They have some pretty solid apps. They have a pretty solid cloud platform. They just have a shitty OS. Once MS develops AD for linux then they will discontinue their servers.

It's obvious this is what they are doing anyway since they are starting to charge per-core licensing that any retard can see is a massive fuck up. Microsoft will control desktop OS and have excellent server applications. Their OS can never compete with Linux in the server market though.
>>
>>56609967
this desu, C++ combines C's low-level design with Java's OOP power
>>
>>56610619
Good luck writing any sort of game or user application with only functional or procedural programming
>>
>>56612029
ikr, /g/ has been extra retarded this month
mostly CS freshmen who think C++ is hard
there are people on here non-ironically whining about pointers
>>
>>56609967
>not doing OOP in a big project is retarded.

It's not retarded, actually a lot of big video game programmers don't use OOP
>>
>>56606131
>Assemply up there
>MemeScript also
I ain't even going to look at the rest.
>>
File: lisplogo_256.png (37KB, 256x223px) Image search: [Google]
lisplogo_256.png
37KB, 256x223px
>>56606131
> keywords
that's cute
>>
>>56614522
>He thinks C++ is better than D

You're a retard.
>>
C# IS A MICROSOFT LANGUAGE ONLY SHILLS THINK IT'S GOOD

>>
>>56613734
lol
>>
Why do people defend weak dynamic languages. Sure they're quick to start with, but they create a maintenance hell in any mid to large project.
>>
>>56614860
name one reputable school that actually teaches D
name any major software using D
I'll wait
>>
>>56614959
Only retards defend those languages. /g/ is full of retards.
>>
Why is everyone praising C?

So shitty and old
>>
>>56615066
>shitty
C is only bad/hard to use if you're stupid
>>
>>56615093
Prove me

I like python because there are no mistakes
>>
File: 1347118299502.jpg (5KB, 124x121px) Image search: [Google]
1347118299502.jpg
5KB, 124x121px
c > Python
Fixed
>>
>>56615066
Honestly Go is better but C is more performant when used right, just unsafe.
>>
>javascript
>better than anything
>>
>>56614879
C# is certainly more comfortable than Java.
>>
>>56615118
Being too stupid to understand pointers and memory management doesn't make the language shit.
>>
>>56614959
I mostly agree, but they can be used very effectively in large projects if their use is limited to scripting and testing.

Honestly they are ideal for tasks where performance and runtime safety are non-issues.
>>
>>56606913
>perl
ultimate meme language for scaring babbies on irc

i miss it sometimes desu
>>
>>56615118
whitespace indentation was a mistake
Python being used as anything more than a cool calculator was a mistake
>>
>>56606131
Uhmmm, C++ is number one, I dont care about the rest. You can do pretty much everything with C++
>>
>>56616113
Exactly. You can do anything with C++, which is its greatest strength. It's also where it gets criticized, because so many people aren't cut out for anything harder than JS and try to use C++, then get frustrated when it's hard and complex and blame the language. It's just like the idiots who try Arch, break something, then complain that Linux is bad. C++ isn't bad, you are.
>>
JavaScript > C# > Java > Bash > C++ > C > Python > PHP > Assembly

I started leaving programming in JavaScript, currently work in C(++)

JavaScript is complete freedom that I've never tasted elsewhere
>>
>.NET as a language
Opinion discarded.

But here's the truth:
Ruby > JavaScript > *
>>
>>56606131
> Python > ... > C++
Sorry, I hate the syntactic whitespace and it's just far too slow. C++ is where I get the bulk of my simulation work done. When your simulations can take several weeks to run, Python just can't compete.
>>
>>56616283
Thats because Javascript is pretty unopinionated, one of my favorite parts about it.
>>
How do you guys feel about Haskell?
>>
>>56606131
>python
>good

I stopped paying attention.
There isn't another stupid language like python that when you search for code examples on google (code with libraries imported and such) there is always 50% change that **it doesn't fucking work!** because of that 2/3 stupidity.

When ruby released 1.9 (which also break compatibilities a lot), at least they made it several times faster (due to the introduction of new virtual machine), while python released 3 just to rub their net ego.
>>
>>56616283
What do you like about JavaScript over C#?
>>
>>56616605
>dynamic typing
>>
>>56606131
In which cruel world you live where D and Rust are so beloved and C# so hated?
>>
>>56613033
I had pleasant experiences using Pascal/Delphi. Searching for code examples, found something that was created like 10/20 years ago and it still works as expected.

Too bad I'm too spoiled by Ruby by now it's hard to relearn it again after so many years.

Also, goddamn Crystal still doesn't have windows support. What language else should I use to create small self contained programs that mostly involves handling texts and such? Certainly not Rust, since I'm not patient enough to spam .unwrap() all day long.
Certainly it's not Nim also: https://github.com/nim-lang/Nim/wiki/Whitespace-FAQ
>>
>>56615641
python whitespace sensitiveness makes its repl became a joke.

Or every fucking time you paste something from the internet without reformatting.
>>
>>56618235
In theory its okay, but I hate it in practice. Also fuck everything about that "I can haz haskell" or what ever the fuck learn-to-program-though-memes book they peddle. I also hate how it cant stop from disappearing up its own ass in terms of theory for higher kinded types.
>>
>>56606131
>.NET a language
OP confirmed for retard
>>
>>56618387
>dynamic typing
You should try Crystal: https://crystal-lang.org/docs/syntax_and_semantics/type_inference.html
>>
>>56618751
>alpha
I'll stick to F# thanks
>>
>>56606348

>PHP gets bumped up because there's little else you can drop into a html file and inject logic after a user requests a page and before it actually returns. This seems whatever if you're an insufferable noob, but it's the easiest way to have Google appropriately indexing your page if you have a lot of data coming from a backend.

You can do all of this in JavaScript (React / NodeJS)
>>
>>56618820
Donate money to make it stable!
https://salt.bountysource.com/teams/crystal-lang
>>
>>56619012
>Look at this great language you've never heard of!
>All you have to do is give us money and then you'll be able to use it!
>>
>>56619042
well I also don't donate shit since I'm poor as fuck. But it doesn't stop me from shilling it to potential sponsors (like you may be). I think Crystal is decent enough to deserve it.
>>
>>56606131
>JavaScript
>above anything
into the trash it goes
>>
>>56619258
PHP
>>
>>56609862
Use rust or Elixir faggot. Stop being Googles bitch.
>>
>>56606322
Jam and cheese is a God tier combination. I don't even like Go, but you have the taste of a plebeian when it comes to sandwiches.
>>
>>56615066
Why is being old bad?
>>
>>56606131
C++ is best
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.