[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will someone explain to my like I'm stupid why so many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: wrapper class.png (192KB, 475x245px) Image search: [Google]
wrapper class.png
192KB, 475x245px
Will someone explain to my like I'm stupid why so many people hate on Java?
>>
No

Nobody particularly enjoys explaining things for the billionth time to stupid people who could just go learn about it themselves.
>>
It's a big problem when tons of work gets devoted completely to abstraction and unneeded complexity not related to the actual computation needed to get things done. Wrapper classes too.

use C or Lisp or something functional
>>
people don't want to download runtimes

it's associated with shitty guis
>>
>>56605865
Because it's not as good as their favorite language and yet it's still the most demanded and one of the best payed.
>>
>>56605865
it's popular
/thread
>>
https://github.com/groovy/groovy-core/blob/master/src/main/org/codehaus/groovy/runtime/ArrayUtil.java

this is why
>>
>>56605865
Simple.

It's one of few languages decidedly easier than C that only execute at most 50% slower. Scripted languages like python and perl are hundreds of times slower.

Because it obviously has advantages, everyone uses it and teaches it, meaning it's everywhere. Because 90% of programmers actually suck and shouldn't be programming, most of this shitty code is in java purely because it's a popular language.

When a shit programmer sees a lot of shit code in a language, because they're shit they're more likely to blame the language rather than the original developer or their own ability to decipher shit code. This is especially true if they disbelieve they're shit, like the majority of /g/.

>>56606695
This is an issue with the project design and senior developer's decisions, not the language.

Yes, sometimes shit developers end up in management or quasi management positions. This world is not meritocratic.
>>
>>56606757
It clearly explains why that exists.
>>
>>56605865
You can immediately discard the opinion of anyone you meet who is quick to bash a language. They are just regurgitating what has been said for years.

Java is fine.
>>
File: 1469884802713.jpg (13KB, 261x142px) Image search: [Google]
1469884802713.jpg
13KB, 261x142px
>>56605865
As soon as a language gets a reputation for being a good way to make money, shitty programmers flock to it and start writing shitty code in it.

After years of that, there becomes a culture of incompetence and stupidity that can't be avoided when working with the language. If you try to learn from blogs or open source code, odds are the info/code is garbage and not setting a good example.

I don't hate Java itself. I hate its ecosystem, its community, and the stupid idiotic things people do with it.
>>
>>56605865
String.upper.sideways.toInt.fromChar.print()
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.