[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ayy, bezos vs musk twitter space tech wars(not the pic) It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: BlueSpace.jpg (160KB, 865x703px) Image search: [Google]
BlueSpace.jpg
160KB, 865x703px
Ayy, bezos vs musk twitter space tech wars(not the pic)
It's happening
inb4 they're all crap companies
>>
>>56589514
isn't that the same guy that said nasa main goal is being an outreach to the muslim world to help them feel good about their contribution to science, math and engineering?
>>
>>56589514
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3675568/
A documentary that looks at pundits-for-hire who present themselves as scientific authorities as they speak about topics like toxic chemicals, pharmaceuticals and climate change.
>>
Blue Origin is a hospitality company
>>
>>56590101
explain?
>>
blue origin is yet to actually do anything, and now it's announcing that it's going to make a huge ass rocket yet it hasn't reached orbit yet?

Does that make sense to anyone else?

SpaceX falcon heavy was originally planned in 2012 but since no customers really needed it until now. Spacex has been through a few explosions and has proven itself capable in most maters. It seems they are still ironing out the defects. Over all I would say they are much more successful than their competitors in the beginning.

MCT/BFR is going to be interesting because I would say it's a crazy stretch, although I would bet on them much more than blue origin.
>>
>>56590278
Also, Nasa can't say it's a big fan of either rocket because they are creating a single use rocket based on 1970's technology, and it's price is like 6 falcon heavies or something ridiculous. (Payload would be 2:1).

Currently there is only one or two missions planned for it, but nothing that really needs it. It's not capable of going to the moon and they're only going to be able to launch 1 a year. Too long for on orbit construction.

There have been more interesting plans that use 2/3 falcon heavies to get to the moon. They seem much more reasonable since they will likly have partial reuse ability and even then the cost is only like 500M for a moon mission not including extra parts.
>>
>>56590234
I shouldn't have to explain. Blue Origin's closest competitor is Virgin Galactic. Their goal is to let rich people see space and they apparently haven't gone outside of sub orbit

>>56590278
SpaceX from my understanding has revolutionized the space industry and is continuing to do so. The Falcon Heavy can carry twice as much as its closest competitor for a fraction of the cost... and it's reusable.

Your post is my first of hearing about MCT/BFR. It's way beyond the scope of what Blue Origin hopes to accomplish.

I'm going to add that considering the fact that no one heard anything about Blue Origin until Bezos started talking about it to the media in 2004 (and it apparently had a science fiction writer on payroll until 2006) I'm going to guess that the year 2000 founding date is bullshit.

Say what you will about Musk and his companies, but the gut has done and is doing a lot to push us into modernization
>>
>>56590338
>2/3 falcon heavies to get to the moon
It's worth noting that they use a lot of the same engines to propel all of their rockets. I've seen a side by side of how the Merlin and Kestral were used in rockets of varrying size that I can't find
>>
File: falcon heavy merlins.png (161KB, 1115x341px) Image search: [Google]
falcon heavy merlins.png
161KB, 1115x341px
These are the engines for the falcon heavy. 3 sets of 9 Merlin engines. The falcon 9 actually uses one of those - 1 set of 9.

I don't know how common this kind of design reuse is in the aerospace industry but I thought that was pretty cool
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.