/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.strawpoll.me/11216130 Are you restricting yourse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1458642681640.png (109KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1458642681640.png
109KB, 800x800px
http://www.strawpoll.me/11216130

Are you restricting yourself to FOSS?
Be honest.
>>
File: .png (71KB, 534x455px) Image search: [Google]
.png
71KB, 534x455px
fuck foss
also you don't have to be a linux user to restrict yourself to foss
>>
>>56580158
Since when is OSX/macOS fully open source and free from binary blobs?
>>
>>56580184
imagine this is OpenDarwin
>>
>>56580193
First time i even heard of this.
>>
>>56580138
>restricting yourself to FOSS
That statement doesn't make sense.
You're restricting your freedom when you use proprietary software. You don't restrict yourself when using free software.
>>
>>56580222
You restrict yourself to a pool of sofzware, tough.
Meanwhile i have the freedomâ„¢ to enjoy best of both worlds.
>>
I have used the Internet since it first existed. I never used UUCP, though occasionally I sent emails to addresses that involved transmission via UUCP.

I am careful in how I connect to the internet. Specifically, I refuse to connect through portals that would require me to identify myself, or to run any nontrivial nonfree Javascript code. I don't mind giving an identity that isn't really me, if that works.

I often connect in a person's home. The person of course knows who I am, but that does not bother me. What I would object to is putting my identity in a database that can be searched. I prevent that by changing my mac address at each location.

I am careful in how I use the Internet.

I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

I occasionally also browse unrelated sites using IceCat via Tor. Except for rare cases, I do not identify myself to them. I think that is enough to prevent my browsing from being connected with me.

I never pay for anything on the Web. Anything on the net that requires payment, I don't do. (I made an exception for the fees for the stallman.org domain, since that is connected with me anyway.) I also avoid paying with credit cards.

I would not mind paying for a copy of an e-book or music recording on the Internet if I could do so anonymously, and it were ethical in other ways (no DRM or EULA). But that option almost never exists. I keep looking for ways to make it exist.
>>
>>56580237
Sure, you have the freedom to make bad decisions, by why on earth would tout your love for proprietary software?
It's like you have Stockholm syndrome.
>>
>>56580263
It opens me the world of proprietary drivers and in conjunction with it Steam (aka AAA games).
>>
>>56580290
So you not only love having your freedom stripped from you, but you even take the DRM dildo while you're at it?
Do you have a sick fetish or something?
>>
>>56580290
Addition: If you create a DRMfree alternative client with the same library of games/software, sure i'll switch. But just because it's not available right now, i won't not use it because of these reasons.
>>
>>56580138
>I don't use Linux BECAUSE of the "FOSS"
It's NOT free at all. Your freedom to work as an OS dev and make proprietary system applications for Linux doesn't exist.

Copyleft is just as NON-FOSS as Copyright
Only Copyleft is a despicable practice that forces people expanding a system to forego any protection for their hard work

*BSD is only REAL FOSS OS
>>
>>56580318
I use Linux, even without Systemd
>implying
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.