[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/ I have a question and I need your advice. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 82364872364823.jpg (25KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
82364872364823.jpg
25KB, 300x301px
Alright /g/ I have a question and I need your advice.

I'm going traveling and need a laptop on the cheap. I would like to dual boot a linux distro along with windows for photo and video editing along with allowing the less tech literate people I'm going with to be able to use it to call home and what have you.

It needs a long battery life because don't know when I'm gonna be near a power source when we are moving about.

I've been looking at the Lenovo ideapad 100S but I've been reading that it uses UEFI so its a pain/near impossible to install linux. Plus its got soldered memory and is generally shit. I've also looked into chrome books but I don't think you can dual boot with them.

I'm stuck between a rock and hard place here and I need advice. I've got a x220 that I'm using currently, but I don't really want to take it with me due to its battery life being not great and its got a bunch of work stuff on it.

tl;dr Need a laptop for traveling, needs to be able to dual boot win/linux and have a long battery life.

Thanks
>>
>>56578945
Ubuntu, Arch, and Fedora all support UEFI booting. You just need to be able to disable secure boot.
>>
>>56578970
I thought so but from what I've been reading its difficult to install and if you get it to work things fail like the wifi card and sound card become unrecognized, battery percentage stays at 100% regardless if its plunged in and other shit breaks as well.

Thanks for the response
>>
No ideas /g/?

Been looking at an x201 or x200 cheap and just thinking of dual booting and deal with the battery issues.
>>
>>56579019
>>56579019
>if you get it to work things fail like the wifi card and sound card become unrecognized, battery percentage stays at 100% regardless if its plunged in and other shit breaks as well.

That would be just some standard Linux behavior.
>>
>>56580249
So if that's standardized behavior do you think the 100S is a good fit?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.