[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I decided to build a budget rig for my bedroom, didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0529.jpg (641KB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0529.jpg
641KB, 2592x1728px
So, I decided to build a budget rig for my bedroom, didn't pay much attention to dimensions, and long story short, radiator won't fit on the back fan, and won't reach the front.

Will be okay just resting on the PSU like this for a few weeks?
>>
>>56574180
>aio mounted to psu
>perfectly good 120mm fan mounting right next to cpu
>blocks pci lanes
>white aio
>LEDs
>850w psu with no gpu installed
all of my why
>>
>>56574213
Like I said, doesn't fit on the back fan mount because of the white plastic on the mobo

No GPU yet, I'm just testing shit, the same reason there's no RAM in it lol

I like white

aio because it's budget, my main rig has a custom loop
>>
>>56574213
Don't know why I bothered explaining, you're either trolling or didn't read any of the OP
>>
>>56574235
Isn't that plastic removable or something? Also, surely you can use a few pieces of wire to kind of hang it from the fan mount holes even if it won't be aligned rather than straight-up slapping it on top of the PSU.

Also, if that's a budget PC and you won't even use a dedicated graphics card, you could've used the stock intel cooler just fine and you don't need a 850W PSU, holy fuck.
>>
>>56574180
What kind of chinese piece of garbage watercooler is that? Looks like something a special ed kid made in arts and crafts.
>>
>>56574294
some Silverstone unit I think
>>
>>56574293

Doesn't seem to be removable, and I will be putting my 970's in this when I upgrade my main rig. Think I'm just going to get a new case, but the question still stands.. Will it be okay sat on top of the PSU for a few weeks?

>>56574294
Deepcool Maelstrom 120T
>>
Use a fan as a spacer to mount the 120mm
>>
At least make it blow air out of the case OP, even some zip ties will do.
What case is it?
>>
no top mounts?
>>
>>56574180
What cooler is this?
>>
>>56574180
Only if you plan to roast marshmallows in that case. Literally how does it not fit with the white plastic? its only as wide a 120mm fan. But no adding an additional 50-100 watts of thermal to your PSU is not generally considered a good idea but I mean I guess since youre not even running a GPU in it, what the hell?

I just wouldn't add a GPU if you're going to run it like that. Power draw of the GPU plus the additional heat would probably be enough heat to at least reduce the lifespan of the PSU.

Also, does it have a 120mm intake? You could always put it there.
>>
>>56574235
What lottery did you win where a pair of 970s and an z170 system is considered budget?
>>
>>56574180
put something, anything between them to let them breathe or better yet, hang the radiator on one screw on the back
>>
How is it even possible to buy a garbage case with no top mounted fans? Even a $35 deepcool tesseract has dual 120mm top mounted fans.
>>
It'll be fine for a while

Though use zip ties to put it on place, don't leave it like that
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.