[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the downsides to having my behavior engineered by the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

What are the downsides to having my behavior engineered by the websites I visit? Individuality (i.e. moral relativism) is overrated. Alternative and unpopular opinions just serve to muddy the waters of objectively true content. Filter bubbles that are shaped from my underlying biases only strengthen my resolve.
>>
Creepy, I know
>>
>>56569902
there is literally nothing wrong with this
>>
>>56569902

Individuality is overrated, I agree. However, having your behaviour engineered by advertising companies is hardly advantageous to you or to society. Your behaviour and thought will not be guided and molded for your own good, or even for the general good, but for the greatest profit and advantage of a few corporations and individuals. In effect they would be mentally cucking you. Would you enjoy that? Are you a cuck?
>>
File: isitreal.png (49KB, 667x264px) Image search: [Google]
isitreal.png
49KB, 667x264px
>>56572589
I don't really know anymore. i didn't used to be but recently I'm more OK with the idea
>>
>>56572669

Why not study philosophy and engineer your own behaviour to your own advantage?

Of course, not everyone is cut out for such freedom. There have always been slaves, and there always will be. Slavery is mutually (though not equally) beneficial to both slaves and owners.

Decide whether you want to be free or a slave.
>>
>>56572850
Never post like this outside /lit/ again
>>
>>56569902
practice critical thinking and you won't be as influenced by advertisements.

It's really as simple as spending 30s contemplating
"Do I need X?"
"Do I want X?"
"Why do I want X?"
"If I had X, what would I do with it?"
"Is there any way I can do Y without X?"
"Do I need to do Y?"
"Do I want to do Y?"
"Why do I want to do Y?"

etc.
>>
>>56572878

Explain why.
>>
File: .png (221KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
.png
221KB, 640x520px
>>56569902
Most of that data harvesting is mainly for advertising purposes, therefore the only difference between letting or not letting them track you is which ads you'll get - assuming you get any ads in the first place. And since advertisements are a form of malware you should have them disabled on all websites, no exceptions, no whitelists.
>>
>>56569902
>Alternative and unpopular opinions just serve to muddy the waters of objectively true content
assuming that the websites you visit actually provide some form of objectively true content (which isn't necessarily the case) - the issue is that your behavior is being engineered in a way that only shows you a subset of objectively true content in a certain kind of presentation.
the choice of that subset and the presentation is subjective, and as such, it may be used by those engineering your behavior to empower themselves.
there are reasons other than mere financial power - deeply rooted psychological behaviors - that make people do this as well.
be critical about whether content is objectively true, about whether the full content is being presented to you and how it is presented to you.
>>
>4chen is engineering my behavior
freedom, weed lmao
>>
>>56572899
This, all of this, and nothing but this.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.