[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_7_ru ns_antutu_takes_the_crow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: gsmarena_001.jpg (9KB, 184x111px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_001.jpg
9KB, 184x111px
http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_7_runs_antutu_takes_the_crown-news-20468.php

>managed to score a record-breaking 178,397 points.
> iPhone 7 simply demolishes the OnePlus 3 in this benchmark.
>clearly makes Android handsets employing the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC look really bad in such result tables.

QUALCOMM ON SUICIDE WATCH
SAMSUNG ON THE WAY TO BANKRUPTCY
INTEL IS FINISHED
>>
>>56569409
That's nice.

>owning OP3
>still loving it

I'm glad that new phones don't really change the perception of my slightly older phone that is still fucking amazing.
>>
>>
>>56569409
This is really not surprising. Say whatever you want about Apple, but they make amazing processors.
>>
>>56569457
>being a caveman
>>
>>56569460
Hi Tim
>>
File: 1473546180038.png (713KB, 1260x2016px) Image search: [Google]
1473546180038.png
713KB, 1260x2016px
All that performance means nothing due to how crippled the phone is.

It's like a formula 1 race car without wheels.
>>
>>56569460
>but Jim Keller makes amazing processors
Fixed
>>
>>56569494
>using wires in 2016

kys :^)
>>
File: i7.jpg (17KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
i7.jpg
17KB, 309x163px
>>56569471
>>
Giant Applefag here. I literally don't care about shit like this, the only thing which matters to me is that the phone runs the only OS it will ever run very well along with 3rd party apps. Benchmarking phones should be between Android devices only. Tech journalism these days is fucking retarded.
>>
>>56569483
haha meme

>>56569501
Well, obviously there's an amazing team behind it but they are working for Apple.
>>
File: adaptor.jpg (50KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
adaptor.jpg
50KB, 768x768px
>>56569505
Oh yeah everyone loves recharging bluetooth headphones every day.
>>
>>56569505
>no wireless charging
>but still shits on wires
heh
>>
>>56569460
Apple doesn't make the processors you fucking imbecile
>>
>>56569719
Of course they don't manufacture it, you dense motherfucker, but it's their design.
>>
File: 1405831904713.png (155KB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
1405831904713.png
155KB, 273x240px
>>56569719
>>
>>56569505
Where is the wireless charging then?
>>
>>56569719
Not him, I know they don't "make" processors, they're Samsung processors aren't they?

Who actually does the engineering and design of the processor? I guess what I'm asking is, suppose for the conversation that Snapdragon actually did the design and engineering behind the A10, couldn't they simply rebrand that and sell it as something else how would Apple ever be able to prove it?
>>
>>56569827
Apple designs and Samsung makes

Architect and brick layer.
>>
>>56569827
>Who actually does the engineering and design of the processor?

Apple.

Samsung and TSMC are the foundries that produce the SOC.
>>
>a $1000 phone is more powerful than a $400 phone

Really firing some neurons rn
>>
OP3 is still like half the value of iPhones
and iOS are made specifically for iPhones, its a steaming pile of shit compared to Android
>>
>>56569844
>>56569846

Serious question, how does a company that has never done that kind of work, come up with one of the fastest processors in the market, if you will becomes Intel over night, and then does not capitalize on the fact that they can, meaning, they don't sell their SOC design capabilities to other outfits like Snapdragon or anyone else for that matter.

Doesn't make much sense to me, you have to take for granted that if they have the capacity they are selling that capacity for profit as well, the same way that samsung makes their processors even though they are competitors on the phone market.
>>
>>56569943
Because no. They want to be the best and they can afford it.
>>
>>56570011
Then why let someone else make your shit, that doesn't jive with your reasoning.
>>
>>56569943
Apple processors are highly optimized for their stuff only, so something with lots of multitasking like Android would likely lag it; can't say they're the fastest since Exynos processors is faster on multi cores benchmark.

So they don't, or probably can't, sell their designs because it won't run as well on other devices. Plus since they're fabless they still have to rely on the material advances of their fabbers. And their processors only come into prominence once Jim Keller joins them, right now they're just building off from his work.
>>
>>56569409
>New phone released
>It has the best SoC of the market
>4 months later
>Get back to step 1
>>
>>56570032
What? Because making processors require a billion dollars manufacturing plant and experienced workers.
>>
File: 1453293748993.jpg (50KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
1453293748993.jpg
50KB, 500x294px
>>56569409
>Apple designs processors to the sole purpose of optimizing iOS development languages Objective-C/Swift rather than pure performance.
>Any other language has to be used in a JIT runtime on top of Objective-C/Swift runtimes
>Developers of AnTuTu literally write optimized code for Apple hardware rather than generic code to be tested across platforms.

muh Apple performance
>>
>>56570034
>>56570110
>Apple processors are optimized for their kind of code
Is there any source on this?
>>
>>56570034
This
>>
>>56570064
But like you said, they can afford it, they do have a stock pile reserve of money.

>>56570034
I'm not familiar with Jim Keller I'll have to google that. Having worked in a old company before I can understand why Intel has not changed their ways to adjust to the current market, but it is hard to understand why Snapdragon isn't eating Apple's lunch and dinner considering they're a fairly newish company that could probably pivot on a moments notice.
>>
>>56570152
>But like you said, they can afford it, they do have a stock pile reserve of money.
You have no clue what making processor involve.
>>
>>56570172
Well no, i am not making processors on the side ya know, I do know that it takes time to build a factory, years in fact, and that they need equipment in the "nano scale" of things. What I have some understanding of is business, if you have a awesome skill that you can really capitalize on, say making better processors than your competitors, and considering they have massive capital, they could be exploring that route, they could even possibly innovate in the manufacture of these things making them cheaper.
>>
>>56570228
Probably not worth it. I'm sure they have a whole team of economists think about what they can do next.
>>
>>56569943
>Serious question, how does a company that has never done that kind of work, come up with one of the fastest processors in the market
They had a contract with this new and coming fabless company led by some of the brightest minds in the world, PASemi
They managed to make a power efficient G5 CPU for the then dated Powerbook line, everything was going smooth and then out of the blue Apple canceled their contract and jumped to x86 Intel CPU's
Now PASemi had a product where they had invested everything and no client, they did commercialize their CPU but pretty much no one wanted an efficient G5
Soon they where bought by Apple, a few years later the A series where launched
Also, the management of Apple's SoC design team is great, they haven't went full retarded like AMD, and they keep their great engineers
>and then does not capitalize on the fact that they can, meaning, they don't sell their SOC design capabilities to other outfits like Snapdragon or anyone else for that matter.
>Doesn't make much sense to me, you have to take for granted that if they have the capacity they are selling that capacity for profit as well, the same way that samsung makes their processors even though they are competitors on the phone market.
Apple is big enough to not need to commercialize their in house IP
>>56570034
>And their processors only come into prominence once Jim Keller joins them
They had no in house SoC's before Keller, Keller came with the PASemi acquisition
>>56570152
>But like you said, they can afford it, they do have a stock pile reserve of money.
Fabs are one of those things that are ridiculously expensive, they probably can't afford it
Also it's a horrible idea, a money sink, 3dfx tried it back in the late 90's and it literally bankrupted them
>>
I'm not surprised, the A series processors by Apple are really good. They were designed by Jim Keller and besides, beating Snapdragon in benchmarks isn't exactly an achievement.
>>
>>56569457
>this kills the apple
>>
>>56570135
>Closed down platform built solely for iOS
If they didn't optimize for their operating system and environment, then Apple is more retarded than the shit they pulled with the 3.5mm jack.
>>
>>56569509
Kek
>>
>>56570034
That post is complete and utter bullshit.
>>
>>56569409

And when the 830 comes out, it'll probably beat the A10. It's all a back and forth game.

>>56570152

>they're a fairly newish company
Snapdragon is made by Qualcomm, which has been around since 1985. The processor line may be relatively new, but the company certainly is not.
>>
>>56569409

How is this relevant for the real life? What advantage would I get out of this?
>>
File: gsmarena_003.jpg (61KB, 728x364px) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_003.jpg
61KB, 728x364px
All I can see here is the need to find the autist who said I'm autistc for getting the LeMax2.
>>
whats the point if it cant mutitask
>>
>>56572978
> still believing the "ios can't multitask meme"
You clearly never developed for iOS right?
>>
>>56569471
>being a good customer and swallow everything
>>
The OnePlus 3 is only slightly slower than the 6s but half the cost. Is the 7 that much better? It's also newer so it should have a better processor
>>
>>56569409
>A brand new flagship phone with a brand new processor beats all other flagships, all of them except the note 7 are at least 6 months old
What an achievement. Truly apple is the king of hardware
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.