[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck, in 2016, manufacturers still selling many laptops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: t460-lead.jpg (51KB, 775x500px) Image search: [Google]
t460-lead.jpg
51KB, 775x500px
Why the fuck, in 2016, manufacturers still selling many laptops with dual core CPU? It is so difficult to install CPU quad-core?

$ 900-1000 for a Dual-Core laptop !! What the hell !!!!!

Anyone can Explain me this shit?
(Pic No Related, not only thinkpads have this problem)
>>
Most Intel mobile CPUs, even going up to the i7u series are dual core. They're designed to fit the needs of most people, which is a few processes that need fast execution (read less cores and higher clocks). They also fit into a lower TDP range which is why we get great performance from <35 watt
>>
Because most of the market doesn't need more than that

Internet = Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, Wikipedia and Twitter, for 90% of users
>>
>>56565476
>>56565601

You think dual-core it's enought for PLC Programming , design electrical circuits , office and internet it's enought?
>>
>>56565417
Laptops were meant to be a power efficient devices that's why they are still using 2 core CPUs but fast and efficient than older desktop 4 core CPU.
>>
>>56565476
You are absolutely right anon. Most people do not need more than a laptop which is able to Run Firefox and Spotify at the same time.
>>
>>56565716
>PLC Programming , design electrical circuits
But why on a laptop?
>>
>>56565842
Need it for university , home-university
>>
>>56565417
Battery life and heat management.
4 cores needs more copper for heat dissipation and more battery cells meaning more wheight and size, that is normaly not desirable in a portable machine.
>>
>>56565881
Well that sucks, I guess, but you're a minority

Most people do work on desktops, and stationary workplaces are more comfortable in general
>>
>>56565936
>Most people do work on desktops, and stationary workplaces are more comfortable in general

Me too realy , I never had a laptop but now i need one :(
>>
>>56565842
Do like me.

Build a cheapo desktop off of secondhand parts slowly with the components people are selling from upgrading to the next-gen hardware.

Then get a used 13-15 inch business laptop/netbook for max 60 dollar. Use the latter for sitting in the library and making group powerpoints.

Join my comfy life.

I used to have a sony vaio 15 inch laptop with inbuilt nvidia card because I had to move between home and uni frequently. Left a bad taste in my mouth. When it wasn't choking up, it was overheating. I treated it badly by never shutting it down and letting it stay warm all night every night. The battery soon turned to shit and fucking sony's proprietary chip tech makes sure I had to return the aftermarket battery I bought.
>>
>>56565716
I can do all of those things on a Core 2 Duo from 8 years ago just fine.

Can you Explain to me why you put spaces in front of all your punctuation?
>>
>>56566264
Don't know my friend :S
>>
>>56566264
all this autism
>>
>>56565417
when will this Multi-core meme die?

first off most Applications only really use one core so single core performance is key.

secondly, think about this anon. How often do you actually max out 2 cores (not to mention the hyper-threading) on a laptop?

If you need more horsepower get a desktop. laptops are aimed at low power consumption so you can quickly access things on the go.
>>
>>56565953
>but now i need one
why do you NEED one?
>>
>>56565601
to be fair facebook is heavier than some professional tools

and reddit is very unpopular
>>
>>56566433
>most Applications only really use one core

this ain't 2005 anymore senpai
>>
>>56565417
>$ 900-1000 for a Dual-Core laptop !! What the hell !!!!!
Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>56566514
Try to find something better for this price...
>>
>>56566531
Used dell precision or elitebook workstation.
>>
> It is so difficult to install CPU quad-core?
great bait i'm triggered, fug
>>
>>56565417
It's cheap and retards keep buying them.
>>
>>56566499
ok can you provide an example? I'm well aware that it's 2005 + 11
>>
>>56565417
dont quad cores use more inergee
>>
>>56565716
Yes it is.
>>
File: DCP02654.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DCP02654.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>56565716
>>56565827
If you want moar coars, just buy Alienware. I heard they run very cool
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.