[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I buy/repair a lot of equipment that I prefer to sell locally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I buy/repair a lot of equipment that I prefer to sell locally (fuck ebay fees). I price my items very reasonably because I hate wasting time negotiating. A lot of people often open conversation with "why are you selling it" or "what's wrong with it." Those same people seem skeptical when I tell them I don't have a need for it and buy/sell/repair electronics as side income (even as a certified technician). I have lost sales because of dumb people suspecting it must be stolen, that I'm hiding problems, or just have bad stigma surrounding something that's been repaired.

What is a good way to respond to questions like "why so cheap" or "why are you selling" without putting people off?
>>
>>56561006
'I want to make money'
>>
>>56561006
"I just upgraded"
Usually works for me
>>
>>56561006
>What is a good way to respond to questions like "why so cheap" or "why are you selling" without putting people off?
"This is what I believe it is worth."
"It is from an old build and is thus used, depreciating the value."
"You want the fucking part or not? Don't waste my time."
>>
How about you spare them your life story and just say: "I don't need it anymore, I bought a new one."
>>
>>56561006
>why so cheap
"It's what it's worth. If you want to pay more, I'll take it."

>why are you selling
this
>>56561024
>>
>>56561006
Imo the best line is "I've upgraded and don't need it anymorel so im selling it to try get some money back" or a variant of that

Stay away from any lines like Im moving, just need to get rid of it, un wanted gift (i know, people still try it) because those are what stolen property sellers use as lines all the time.

Also try not to remind them its repaired, repaired electronics or whatever will always have a bad stigma. Especially if its expensive.

That's my retarded, base advice for you anyway. That and stay away from retarded sellers.
>>
>>56561024
That doesn't come off as believable when you have 5-10 postings on Craigslist/Facebook/etc at any given time. Its pretty obvious when they all have the same phone number and photos have the same background.
>>
>>56561006
Charge more idiot.
>>
>>56561098
Then I lose sales from people who do know current market pricing, and theres always the autistic fucks that will straight out make posts saying its overpriced.
>>
Stop trying to sell stolen iphones, tyrone.
>>
>>56561121
>autistic fucks that will straight out make posts saying its overpriced.
These people are always the ones who never have an interest in the items, either.
>>
>>56561006
>this stock is draining my working capital, I need to move it on
>>
>>56561006
Sell for higher than you are right now retard. Even though it's not intuitive you might even have more sales. That's how the retard brain is wired (especially people who don't know shit about tech) if someone sold him close to the same shit you are but asked more then he'd buy that. MORE EXPENSIVE = BETTER
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.