[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Elon Musk is Looking to Kickstart Transhuman Evolution With “Brain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

>The concept was first thought up by Iain M. Banks in his Culture novels. In these novels, a neural lace is a mesh-like device that would be implanted in a person directly through the bloodstream, controlling the release of certain neurons using the power of thought.

>Musk’s version of the neural lace doesn’t work exactly like that. Musk’s lace seems to be a mesh that would allow such AI to work symbiotically with the human brain. Signals will be picked up and transmitted wirelessly, but without any interference of natural neurological processes. Essentially, making it a digital brain upgrade. Imagine writing and sending texts just using your thoughts.

http://futurism.com/elon-musk-is-looking-to-kickstart-transhuman-evolution-with-brain-hacking-tech/

Did we ask for this?
>>
Could this cause cancer?
>>
>>56553506
Everything causes cancer and prevents it. Hang on, let me get a citation. Will the daily mail do?
>>56553487
This could be the first step to a true human interface device. I won't be an early adopter because that never goes well but it'll be awesome if this develops further.
>>
>>56553506
Yes. You could hack someone's brain and make it release compounds that would trigger cancer.
>>
Immortality when?
>>
>>56553617
Six months after your death.
>>
>>56553487
>NSA thought surveillance
Nah, I'll pass
>>
>>56553487
if you think this will be benevolent, you're a special kind of stupid
>>
I can't wait for Elon to explode my brain by accident
>>
>>56553487
>>56553879
this
we are living in the last days
>>
>>56553487
Elon musk is a fraud
>>
>>56553487

Why contain it?
>>
>>56553487
He cant even build a car or a rocket that doesn't blow up. Hows he gonna do any of that?
>>
>>56553487
>DId we ask for this?
I still hope this never happens.
The moment we start incorporating technology into ourselves, and moreso taking things from outside directly into your brains for "convenience" is the moment we die.

If you can't see how dangerous this neural lace is, you're stupid. Think about how relatively easy it is to penetrate and take control of even the most hardened systems.
>>
>>56553617
there's already people working against aging. It'll be available within 10 to 30 years
>>
File: 1472687116531.gif (38KB, 460x398px)
1472687116531.gif
38KB, 460x398px
>>56553487
I'm not letting Google/Apple anywhere near my brain
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.