[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to purchase a RPi3 just for emulation, and maybe MediaCenter.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hero-970-80.jpg (48KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
hero-970-80.jpg
48KB, 970x545px
I want to purchase a RPi3 just for emulation, and maybe MediaCenter.
Question is, wich is the top generation of consoles it can handle? And I mean at an average fps.
>>
>>56552844
you might want to check libreelec thread for rpi3, LE8 extended, escalade built kodi with bunch of built-in emulators.. i tried N64 only on rpi2 and it was working good, cant tell about others
>>
>>56552844
the generation that you would have to go research yourself.
OP is a fucking lazy cunt
>>
OP, RetroPie 4 is out now, so you can do N64, PS1 and Dreamcast
>>
Most N64 and PS1 games, maybe Dreamcast. Anything higher and it will choke.
>>
>get RPi
>fucking around with it
>might as well try emulation
>every single controller is a god damn nightmare to configure so that they're actually working properly, each involving manual edits to multiple config files
>version of xboxdrv that comes with Retropie is out of date and doesn't work as well as the one the that's in the repo
>if you don't use the default account and password almost nothing works right out of the box
This is why Linux is never going to take off as a desktop environment
>>
>>56553441
oh, I forgot - most of the documentation to handle boot time events (like autologin) is straight up wrong because Rasberrian somewhat recently switched to using systemd
>>
>>56553441
You can't seriously compare raspberrian to a serious linux desktop. That's like saying linux won't ever be a decent desktop because puppy linux exists.
>>
>>56553502
Isn't rasberrian just a very minimal wrapper around debian?
>>
I'd recommend you OSMC as a mediacenter system https://osmc.tv/
because you can boot RetroPie directly inside of OSMC with a small script: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/howto-retrosmc-retrogaming-on-osmc/6671
>>
>>56553441
Yeah Linux is never going to take off as a desktop environment.
BECAUSE IT'S NOT ONE.
LINUX IS A KERNEL
K E R N E L
E
R
N
E
L
>>
>>56553655
you can do the same shit with LE8
>>
>>56553523
Yes, it's extremely minimal. But it wasn't designed to be a desktop OS.
>>
>>56553357
You can emulate all of those for a while now
>>
>>56553523
pretty much
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.