[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/. I have a question of what system I should buy or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Hello /g/.

I have a question of what system I should buy or get most value out of it. I travel often being a pilot and away from my desktop.

Would it be a good solution to buy a gaming laptop or the laptops that have the ability to have an external GPU that I could upgrade through out the years?

I was looking into the razor laptops, I have an older alien-ware laptop with dead HD and looking to replace now.

pic related
>>
If you're looking to get the most value out of your system, a Razer Blade is not the way to go. Anything thin and pretty will be extremely overpriced and under powered, even as far as gaming laptops go.
>>
>>56552269
>inb4 IBM T420 Memepad
>>
>>56552269

If you want the most value in a gaming laptop outright, your best bet is Sager. If you want something that supports eGPU's I'd probably say Alienware. Their external graphics adapter costs significantly less than Razer's solution.
>>
>>56552269
Well, what with Nvidia putting full-fat desktop GPUs into laptops from now on, the external GPU thing is basically dead on arrival, as you no longer have to compromise. Performance benchmarks are within a 5% margin of the desktop equivalent.
If you can get over the butt-ugly aesthetics, MSI GT laptops tend to be beefier and have better cooling than other makers, so you can run a 1070 or even 1080 without burning yourself on it.
>>
>>56552293

op here

I guess I should also state what games I play , most are single player with few multiplayer.

Overwatch, skyrim, dark souls, and other less graphic demanding games.

portability would be nice also but value/reliability/durability should be taken into account.
>>
>>56552343
>you no longer have to compromise
not being able to upgrade is a pretty big fucking compromise.
>>
>>56552343
Thanks I'll check them out.
>>56552340
I'll look into them. I have had alienware before and it lasted 4 years so not to bad.
>>
>>56552395

The main downside of Alienware's eGPU setup is that the connector is proprietary. Be aware of that before deciding.
>>
Sager/Eurocom/Clevo give you the most bang for your buck. Not the thinnest things, but amazing specs for the money.
The Razer blade is pretty damn good if you're looking for something thinner.
>>
>>56552347
Alright, well like this >>56552340 guy said, Sager makes a laptop with the exact same specs as the new Razer Blade (except the Sager has an extra 1 TB HDD space) for $300 less. The Razer is thin and pretty and only has 256 GB space, the Sager is heavy and bulky. Take your pick.

Also, both come with a 1060 which is a pretty high-end system at the moment. I don't know if you want to buy something that expensive to play ~4 year old games like Skyrim and Dark Souls, but like I said. It's your choice, man. Good luck with all of this.
>>
>>56552477
Having something more portable might help me more with packing and limited space for my travel bag.

>>56552493
Hmmm , I could also get new HD for my alienware it has a 650m in it and might be a good fix until there are games out there that would require me to upgrade.
>>
>>56552477
>Sager/Eurocom/Clevo give you the most bang for your buck
This is the first I'mheaving of Sager

>Guaranteed no dead or partially-lit pixels for first 30 days of purchasing [+$35.00]
> IC Diamond 7 Thermal Compound - CPU [+$25.00]
This doesn't really instill confidence.
>>
>>56552623
It's just extra shit to waste money on. Eurocom is a Clevo reseller, and Clevo machines have a generally good reputation. Older Alienware laptops were Clevo rebrands.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.