[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /gee/ What's something good to learn that will help you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (506KB, 3225x2656px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
506KB, 3225x2656px
Hi /gee/
What's something good to learn that will help you get future jobs?
I was thinking about programming or web design. That's not something you learn in a few weeks but I think it's worth it. Otherwise what would you recommend?
>>
shameless selfbumperino
>>
learn a music instrument
>>
Learn how to be a parasite that feeds off of a company's potential via the constant threat of litigation and sells out its peers via predatory hiring practices and the commodification of the employee. Most importantly, don't learn anything useful for society or the long-term well being of the company, because that can easily be replaced by indentured servants from overseas.
>>
>>56550598
>What's something good to learn that will help you get future jobs?
Learn how to bullshit and you can get far without even having to do any work. All it takes is confidence when interviewing and a lot of googling once you get the job.
>>
>>56551074
Yes but if you're going to have an interview for a job, it should at least require you to have a basic knowledge about the work you're going to do, no? You can't just show up on the first day at job and you can't do anything and you're just googling complicated matters
>>
>What's something good to learn that will help you get future jobs?
A trade. Go to trade school, become a plumber or an electrician. You won't get any respect from the average dipshit, but they'll pay you tons of money to fix their shit when it goes wrong and they realize they're useless at doing it themselves. Most importantly, don't listen to the bullshit about a "skilled worker gap," that's just what the politicians peddle because Silicon Valley is lining their pockets so they can fire current American employees and replace them with low cost H1Bs who are so afraid of being sent back to India that they'll work 60 hour weeks for low pay without looking for work elsewhere.
>>
>>56551183
Lots of tech companies hire through a staffing service. The staffing service hardly ever has any actual technical knowledge about the position. Instead, they have a list of 10-15 screening questions that they may email you or do over the phone. At that point you can literally just google all the answers.

When it comes time for a face to face interview, you only end up talking to the staffing company managers, so any tech knowledge is brushed over because you passed the screening.

As long as you have a basic knowledge and the ability to google, you can seriously bullshit your way into a lot of positions. Once you're in the door, then it's just a matter of bullshitting some more to rise higher in the ranks.
>>
>>56551041
>Learn how to be a parasite that feeds off of a company's potential via the constant threat of litigation and sells out its peers via predatory hiring practices and the commodification of the employee. Most importantly, don't learn anything useful for society or the long-term well being of the company, because that can easily be replaced by indentured servants from overseas.

So tech patent law?
>>
>>56551344
I was actually referring to Human Resources, but that works too.
>>
Social skills, lying, taking shit from idiots
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.