[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you hate your job and your career but you have no choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: tfw.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>tfw you hate your job and your career but you have no choice but to continue

Any IT bros know this feel or am I the only one sick of terrible management, constant cost cutting difficult and the stress of resolving complex issues while people are screaming at you?
>>
https://www.mi5.gov.uk/careers/opportunities/coding-challenge
>>
Currently in construction and it's killing my body. Want to do IT. Am I wrong
>>
>>56550173
It's mentally taxing instead of physically taxing.
>>
Everyone on /g/ is a prodigy that never makes mistakes at work.
>>
>literally nobody
>>
>>56550120
>terrible management, constant cost cutting difficult and the stress of resolving complex issues while people are screaming at you
Hopefully you'll get out of it man, don't be afraid to move and to look for alternatives. There are still places where working is good.

Do you have a linked in? Have you tried adding your resume or looking at positions in jobs classifieds webpages?
>>56550173
Mentally taxing as >>56550230 said. You will need to do some exercise or diet to not turn into a blob or go insane, since your body is used to exercising.
>>
>>56550120
I just really hate working with fucking Pajeets. They are the worst.
>>
I work as a c# enterprise code monkey. It's so easy it's ridiculous. Other than terrible management (I really never have anything to do) it's the perfect job.
>>
>>56550120
Absolutely yes. Your standard Pajeet here, working in India though, not in a job I stole from muhrica. In a startup, and it's just that bad.

I'm expected to do feature integrations in 2 days because fuck me the client wants it real bad

Salary raise is cucking 10% which barely breaks even the inflation rate in India. Meanwhile I'm preparing for bschool so that I can be your next Nadella that you hate.
>>
>>56550589
Do you have a lot of downtime?
>>
>>56550658
You don't exactly seem like a standard model Pajeet. Godspeed.
>>
>>56550120

Life is hard...
>>
>>56550728
Well fuck me good then. I'm not even a standard Pajeet. What the fuck *am* I then? A clueless 25 yr old Indian dipshit who should've known better than to be swayed by the "elegance & passion of crafting code that makes something beautiful and still useful" ?

Fuck IT and fuck the product managers and team leads and their unrealistic not discussed deadlines and the let's-lick-their-assholes-clean clients for which I'm made to stay up late almost every other fucking day even on my goddamn festivals I gotta work.

Fuck you everyone higher up the chain who doesn't understand the meaning of "I don't know of this technology/framework yet, I'll need time to grok it" and fuck those cunty HR bitches always whining and bitching about when I gotta apply for a leave.
Absolute fucking misers.
>>
>>56550696
Management thinks everything is ridiculously hard and wants to maintain a "stress free" work environment. That basically translates into that I never get anything to do and I am a genius for finishing the tasks I get so "fast".
>>
>>56550120
Should have became a NEET. NEETs are the master race, we don't need a job and you slaves will continue to provide for us while we cuck you hard.
>>
>>56550120
>while people are screaming at you
Yeah that wouldn't happen to me for very long before I assaulted them
>>
>>56550885
Anon, I like you. If I had a large company, I'd make you the Director of Technology.
>>
>>56551122
Describe a program that you have had to write?
>>
>>56551976
Maybe we should start a company anon...
>>
Software Engineer.

The programming is the easy part.
The hard part is dealing with corporate hoops to jump through.
The impossible part is dealing with the government hoops to jump through.

Piece of advice: stay away from government contractors. Dealing with the government is absolutely fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1447703475332.jpg (58KB, 600x737px) Image search: [Google]
1447703475332.jpg
58KB, 600x737px
>tfw in last semester for network administration
>I already hate it and I haven't even entered the work force yet
>>
>the analyst estimates some changes can be done in 100 hours
>the project manager decides to cut it in half to 50 for no reason whatsoever
>when the time comes and the code is not done, the programmer gets the blame
So fucking tired of this bullshit.
>>
>>56550120
>you have no choice but to continue
Right.
>>
>>56550173
I know the feel bro

I'm a flat roofer right now, and because I work out of town so much I'm making like 100-110k/year, but these 21 days on/7 days off work periods and 12-14 hour days are (literally) killing me. The money's too good to quit, but I dont know how long I could keep doing this, its fine now cause I'm young, but Im gonna be hurting if I make this a life long career.

I should just save up enough money to invest/start up a business of my own
>>
File: 1473565637703-pol.jpg (497KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473565637703-pol.jpg
497KB, 1280x720px
>>56553195
I got my 2 year degree in Network admin. I have various certs.

>got a union warehouse job making $28/hr and my degree is now doing nothing for me. This job even paid for the schooling

I would say get a home lab up and running. I.e. set up a media server/print server. Windows or Linux based (windows if you want to fit the criteria of 90% of admin jobs). Shows the employer you're not only educated and competent, but you have a personal interest in the field as well.

I have a media server that shares all my movies and music over the network. I make shadow copy backups of my other connected PCs to this server as a remote backup location for disaster recovery practice really.

>still on the fence about whether I want to go to school for my 4 year in NETSEC. Even if on company dime.
>>
>>56553314
What's your overhead like? My literal dream is paying my house of ASAP. As in before I'm 35, (24 now). Own my land and house in a lower tax state. Save up like $50k ($20k for investment) and just coast. You make a lot of money. Sincerely hope you're not being nigger rich with it.
>>
>>56553433
>$500/month for rent+utilities because I just a rent a room off a buddy. its basically just storage because Im only there 1 week out of every month
>$90/month cell phone bill because I pay for all the extras+long distance shit (as I said, I'm literally always 1000km away from home)
>$350/month child support

I didnt have to pay for my truck, dont have to pay for tools or anything, hardly even have to pay for food and if I do I get a stipend, so basically nothing. I do save quite a bit and its not at all hard to support myself, but I really enjoy going on trips during my time off so that eats up a lot of my money. Being able to fuck off to mexico or the bahamas or whatever for a week is really nice and hard to give up
>>
>>56553475
>>$350/month child support
normallly I find it childish to post this but i really have to now:

C U C K E D
U
C
K
E
D
>>
>>56553475
Start saving. Start living more frugally. Stop this renting nonsense and be your own man. You own your house, not your friend or the bank. Once you set yourself up in such a way that you don't NEED your job because you're so far in debt, the job itself holds no sway over you. One day you can just be like, "fuck this, im gone" and not have to worry at all.

Although you made a screaming shit machine, so money will have to be different as time goes on.
>>
>>56553536
I dunno, she's a nice person and I really do wish her the best, it just was never gonna work between us. She's single but if she found some other guy I'd be more than happy for her, god knows I havent been celibate since.

Nevermind the fact that I'm not in the kids life, I can't just not give her (or her mom) anything, that shit's not right
>>
>>56550120
>tfw fell for the embedded meme

What's the most low effort, low stress way to make just enough to live?
>>
>>56553572
I literally have no debts right now though, not even credit card, and I probably could buy a house if I wanted to right now (the down payment), I just havent gotten around to going to a bank or talking to a mortgage broker or any of that shit.

$500/month is also cheap as fuck for a place to live. If I were to buy a house I'd probably just rent it out and continue staying with my buddy, and pay him $50 or $100/month to check up on the house every once in a while. I dont like the idea of leaving my stuff somewhere when I'm never there.
>>
>>56553384
Thats probably a good idea. I helped my dad setup his domain environment for his business so at least I have some kind of project to put on my resume. I know I need to get some certs but school and work has had me so busy that I can't muster the energy to study for anything else. All this bullshit makes me wish I had just had fun in college and gone for some bullshit lib arts degree.
>>
>>56553636
There is no clear cut way, it all depends of how successful and lucky you are.

My first part-time job in a kitchen was absolute hell on earth, coping with braindead colleagues and dogmatic ruthless efficiency

My second job in a kitchen was one of the comfiest experiences in my entire life, I was on my own (before and after lunch hour at a school) and got my choice of the leftovers
>>
File: smughamster.png (596KB, 570x638px) Image search: [Google]
smughamster.png
596KB, 570x638px
>>56550120
>but you have no choice but to continue
That's just silly anon. You always have a choice :)
Just end your pathetic life
>>
>>56550658
>fuck me the client wants it real bad
Your H1-B has been denied and you have been barred from entering the United States for five years. We wish you well on your future endeavors.

Sincerely yours,
Seattle Human Interface Technologies, Incorporated
"Representing the consulting and recruiting needs of the best top companies"
>>
>>56551874
How to be a NEET senpai?
>>
>>56550658
why do pajeets wear polos and jeans in the gym?
>>
>>56553384
Degrees & certs are a meme, most people braindump their certs and without actual daily experience you'll forget everything you learn with the course/cert pretty quickly.
Having a home server is nothing like working with couple hundred servers and a buttload of network equipment trust me I've been there.
>>
File: Slurping.jpg (61KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
Slurping.jpg
61KB, 380x380px
Is the Agile methodology snake oil, or are all companies just terrible at implementing it? In my experience after three different jobs that all claimed to be following 'Agile best practices', it seems to prevent nothing it promises to prevent (crunch time, arbitrary requirements, feature work coming back from the dead and bleeding into different sprints) and adds the overhead of a Scrum master who is literally powerless but is there just for appearances and a few meetings a week about other people's work and issues I don't care about.

Also, open offices are terrible.
>>
>>56550120
You either find the perfect dev job which is really hard to find or you go sysadmin which IS the ultimate job in IT.
I started work right after graduation and stop 2 months later.
In 2 months I already started to hate developing. I stoped without any fucks in the world, I'm not on this planet to suck the dicks of dumbasses who thinks we can create a new RTOS from scratch in 6 months and don't want to pay the shitload of overtimes I did because of "muh crisis, time are hard in embedded industry".

Sysadmin is the way in IT to avoid egoistic pieces of shit and Agileā„¢ slavery.
>>
>>56556838
Been thinking of becoming a system administrator. I love linux and would love to configure linux servers for a living.
>>
>>56556838
Sysadmin can be even worse this depends on how large you company is.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.