[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Left click and hold something on a website >an options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1467704355923.jpg (43KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
1467704355923.jpg
43KB, 690x460px
>Left click and hold something on a website
>an options menu pops up
>>
File: 1461017188213.png (375KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1461017188213.png
375KB, 512x512px
>>56550018
>having javascript enabled
why would you do that?
>>
>>56550062
>"m-muh botnet!!!"
If you weren't a paedophile, you wouldn't have to worry, fagit
>>
never happens
>>
>page tries to disable right clicking to keep me from saving images
>have dom.event.contextmenu.enabled set to false
>>
>>56550095
the botnet is only one reason to block JS you know. Keeping it off breaks a lot of advertising and autoplay videos and active content. The stuff that doesn't break is the static content you want to see - text and images.

In any case, you may think you have nothing to hide. Until, one day, you do. And then it'll be too late. Plus doesn't it give you a very unsettling feeling having you entire life watched and recorded, even if you're doing nothing wrong? It sure creeps me out.
>>
>>56550159
unless you want to see dynamic content

It's 2014. What are you using the internet for?
>>
>>56550095
Not even 'muh botnet', but what's literally the purpose of enabling it in [currentyear]?
>>
>>56550181
He just said text and images. If you need something else you can whitelist a domain but having the remaining 90% of the frivolous bullshit most sites run killed by default makes the web a nicer place.
>>
>>56550181
well right now I'm on a board where people post text and images. which is nothing that you couldn't do with POST and GET back in 1996.

I read news and blogs a lot. The only content I care about there is text and occasional images. The only things that use JS on those sites are article comments (who gives a crap) and advertising (and who wants to see that)

Notice the theme here? The content is... text and images. No reason for that to be anything but static content. Active content for active content's sake is why we had that long nightmare of flash-based sites in the mid-2000s, with all the problems that caused. And all we lose by ditching it is pointless animations on the interface elements.

Further reading: http://idlewords.com/talks/website_obesity.htm
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.