[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you sell your old tech on craigslist for the same if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1472518566271.gif (41KB, 413x334px) Image search: [Google]
1472518566271.gif
41KB, 413x334px
>tfw you sell your old tech on craigslist for the same if not more than what you bought them for and people fall for it 90% of the time.
>>
>>56547397
How do I get into this? I have shittons of old tech lying around

>AMD HD 7950 GHz boost, ATI HD 4890
>about 30 GB of assorted DDR2 and DDR3 RAM
>Intel i7 3770, Intel Q9500 + mainboards
>old HSFs, rads, liquid cooling components
>about a dozen case fans
>Fractal Design Define R2 case
>several hard drives (1B and 2TB drives by WD and Samsung)
>Spyder 3 Express

All of my unused hardware is just lying around collecting dust. I threw out all of the really old stuff (e.g. pre-HD radeon cards, old 8xxx series and older nvidia GPUs, old AMD chips) a while ago but I can't bring myself to get rid of this stuff yet.

If I could convert it to cash it would be great, but do you honestly think somebody will want this old stuff?
>>
File: The_Equatorial_Jungle.jpg (227KB, 1165x1265px) Image search: [Google]
The_Equatorial_Jungle.jpg
227KB, 1165x1265px
I have sold something at 1/10th of the price everybody else had for it. I'm a generous man.

Sure, some people called me and asked me whether I'm bullshitting them or not, but I managed to sell it.

It was an IBM 5150 I had found 10 years ago (at the time; it would be 18 years now, I guess?), and I sold it for 200 euros. I wonder what the guy I sent it to did with it.
>>
>>56547444
Its about playing the long game. You post the tech up for a high price, lower it by small increments if it isn't selling and just wait until people start taking the bait. You're probably not going to sell it right away. And I can tell you the GPUs, HDDs, case and CPU+MOBO will sell for sure. Oftentimes the buyers are idiot console gaymurs who are looking to build a gaming PC that don't bother checking the going price (or whether a component is that current).
>>
>>56547527
Oh and it helps if you add some useless shit "for free" to sweeten the deal Stuff like fans, heatsinks and components that will probably never sell otherwise.
>>
File: IMAGE.jpg (191KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE.jpg
191KB, 470x595px
>>56547552
>sell cpu
>include stock fan for free
>>
How old are the things you sell? Big difference between selling a 1 year old component for original price and a 10 year old component.
>>
>>56547652
Within 5 years, generally.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.