[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My first and only smartphones have been iPhones. Never used Android

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Android_robot_2014.svg.png (24KB, 512x601px) Image search: [Google]
Android_robot_2014.svg.png
24KB, 512x601px
My first and only smartphones have been iPhones. Never used Android and haven't kept up on what the best Android devices are.

I'm sick of Apple's shit and looking to get an Android within the next couple months.

I'm looking for a fast and secure device. That's all I really need. Other add-ons (a decent camera, for example) would be nice but are unnecessary.

Could you recommend me a phone?

Thanks /g/.
>>
>>56540144
OnePlus 3. You're welcome
>>
>I'm sick of Apple's shit and looking to get an Android within the next couple months.

Interestingly enough I'm sick of Samsung's shit and was looking to get an iPhone within the next couple of months - the "Apple Upgrade Programme" where you can pay it over 20 months with 0% credit finance.

Why is it shit? Never used an apple product.
>>
>>56540175
I mean if you're ok buying a phone from a company that pushes its proprietary hardware onto you and deviates from industry standards in order to squeeze money out of its customers while simultaneously monopolizing their data that's on you.

I've been inside the Apple "walled garden" for about six years and you begin to see how restrictive and crippling it can be.

The phones are built very well, look good, and are well-optimized but all of that comes at a price.
>>
>>56540175
Longtime apple user here. All apps can only be downloaded through the Apple Store. iOS updates are annoying. Can't clear cache on each app only the system automatically does it. Can't play webms in safari only in VLC player. Can't organize files like on a PC. Organizing photos is chaos. Can't emulate retro games. Each iOS update slows down your phone. Can't download flash roms for your os. NFC only for Apple Pay. No micro sd slot. Widgets are useless. 720p resolution.

I'm using an iPhone 5.
>>
>>56540333
>iOS updates are annoying

Then you're going to love not getting any updates to install on Android.
>>
Wait for the note 7 to not be a hand grenade then get a note 7.

>inb4 samshit
Samsung phones are a good transition phone into android
>>
>>56540155
Good first Android phone, I second this
>>
>>56540357
iOS updates are just bloat ware. There usually security fixes. They've never fixes something that was an issue for me.
>>
>>56540486
Enjoy your Stagefright, then.
>>
>>56540497
?

>>56540219
Pretty much this. If its your first smartphone you'll enjoy it. I imagine if you lived with the freedom of android I'm not sure you'll like it. The apps are nice and pretty UI. The only thing Apple has going is iMessage.
>>
Get the note 7
>>
>>56540144
Xiaomi Mi4C
>>
What about a Nexus (or Pixel as it's rumored to be rebranded)?
>>
Nexus devices are the only Android phones even worth considering. Everything else gets zero is unsecure and gets zero updates.
>>
>>56540144
Don't listen to these fools OP. Get a Nexus device. They get updates from Google and they're unlocked. Android is made specifically for those devices first and foremost. It's stock Android you'll have the experience that Google has always intended, not some slapped together laggy chink shit. Buy a Nexus or you'll regret using Android.
>>
Your first Android phone will likely gave the greatest effect on your perception of the platform, so based off my experience, I'd recommend avoiding all the big names at your carrier except Nexus or maybe Motorola (they obviously have some bloat but the experience is very close to stock)
>>
>Looking to get android
http://www.android-x86.org/download
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.