[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/entleman, I was wondering what is a browser different from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: logo-header-opera.png (3KB, 216x80px) Image search: [Google]
logo-header-opera.png
3KB, 216x80px
Hi /g/entleman, I was wondering what is a browser different from Vivaldi, Chrome, Firefox, Opera... Im sick of the same shitty designs and interfaces..
>>
Are you aware you can customize firefox to your liking?

I mean REALLY customize it.
>>
>>56531998
no, tell me more sir.
>>
>>56531857
seamonkey
>>
>>56531998
Can customizations bring it up to speed with Chrome and Opera? Didn't think so.
>>
Safari
>>
>>56531857
There are plenty of browsers that aren't IE/Safari/Chrome/FF/Opera/etc, but they all fall in the decent to so shitty it's unusable range.

Will we ever get a browser which is actually good?
>>
>>56531857
browsers based on webkit are different.
luakit, surf or midori are some examples
>>
File: Browser Guide.png (448KB, 5280x2332px) Image search: [Google]
Browser Guide.png
448KB, 5280x2332px
>>56531857
>>
>>56531998
How s? I know about add-ons, but what else? I want it to fit with my i3.
>>
>>56533144
>didn't even give the anon a chance to answer
>>
>>56532231
search firefox userchrome.css, vimperator, pentadactyl.
>>56533144
with vimperator firefox is faster than botnetball and round cunt
>>
>>56534973
I understand the point of this chart, but my primary reason for trying out Vivaldi in the first place was because only it and Firefox aren't shit and support vertical tabs in some fashion. I was afraid that Mozilla was going to ruin support for Tree Style Tabs, and I needed a plan B.
Vivaldi isn't as customizable as Firefox with Classic Theme Restorer, and the Chrome addons aren't quite as good, but it suits me good enough.
>>
File: read_00.png (207KB, 1592x304px) Image search: [Google]
read_00.png
207KB, 1592x304px
>>56531857
Sleipnir has an interesting and different UI.
http://www.fenrir-inc.com/jp/sleipnir/
they don't seem to have an up-to-date english website tho
>>
>>56535283
I see. Nice that you find a good solution for you, anon.
>>
>>56537472
Who is this semen demon?
>>
File: bikini maki.jpg (1MB, 1364x1070px) Image search: [Google]
bikini maki.jpg
1MB, 1364x1070px
>>56537833
/g/'s semi-official mascot.
>>
File: opera.png (30KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
opera.png
30KB, 480x480px
The UI design of browsers is pretty much perfect at this point, since the paradigms Chrome introduced. Since then, everyone is doing the same, because like Microsoft said when they announced IE9, webpages, the content, should be the center of attention, not the UI. All the (small) differences from every browser relies on what not-so-intrusive elements the UI can bring without bothering the user.

And thanks to Chromium being Open Source, it also standardised an engine.

Opera switched to Blink because they didn't had enough presence to make developers care about Presto, Firefox felt old and tried to copy Chrome, IE tried just to be as simple as possible, etc.

In short, Chrome standardized browser UI design.

But Google has been stale since then, has done almost anything to improve Chrome since its creation. Opera has been improving its new interface every month, every thing they implement has been well received by the users. Mozilla
has been trying to do the same but it seems they doesn't have the talent. Microsoft is too little and too late, even if they have the best engine in terms of performance.

There are still some old UI designs on Maxthon or UC Browser, if you want to try them.

Like, comment and subscribe.
>>
>>56534994
Arc theme for Firefox is god tier, has a gtk theme as well.
>>
>>56541408
Awesome, I'll look into that.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.