[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't there a longer version of twitter? I understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
12KB, 300x300px
Why isn't there a longer version of twitter?

I understand that twitter uniqueness is by its short messages and quick tweets, but, just like Vine has its longer YouTube alternative, why can't twitter have one?
>>
>>56529668
It does, you may have heard of it, it's called Facebook.
>>
there is a thing called twitlonger or something like that.
>>
And by longer I mean unlimited characters tweets/unlimited video length and more

The unlimited thing will be the twist, sometimes 140 characters aren't enough
>>
There is, it's called a blog.
>>
>>56529675
I though of Facebook, but it isn't centered around text, like twitter is
>>
>>56529690
Twitter isn't text centric anymore, it also heavily relies on images, videos, gifs and external links to other content.

It stopped being entirely focused on text content years ago.
>>
>>56529686
They always look old and heavy

Something 'trendy' and 'young' should switch them
>>
>>56529706
So the only thing that distinguishes Facebook and twitter is the shortness of twitter?
>>
>>56529668
That's not "uniqueness", you can post short messages everywhere. That's a retarded technical limitation which they decided to present as a feature.
>>
>>56529735
More or less, layout isn't a million miles away but the content is pretty much the same.

You'll find a lot of internet personalities and companies (any individual or entity with a large enough following) only posts to one platform and tends to automate the rest, posting either the exact same thing or linking back to whatever platform they post on.
>>
>>56529746
Well, it does make twitter unique
If you limit the characters, the user experience will be faster, instant hoping from one message to the other, and that makes twitter unique and more fun (It's like Vine and YouTube, that's why I'm looking for a longer twitter alternative)
>>
>>56529758
Yep, you're right

Thanks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.