[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

13'' vs 15'' laptop size fight thread!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (201KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
201KB, 1920x1080px
13'' vs 15'' laptop size fight thread!!!

I'm searching for a new laptop to use almost every day in university.
The use it's for programming , PLC programming, office and navigation.

I don't know what to choose , 13'' vs 15'' WTF!!!!
>>
lets see

13"
con
harder to see
smaller keyboard
pro
longer battery life
more portable
>>
>>56523713
Some personal experience?
Recomendation?
>>
get a 14 in laptop you fucking cuck
>>
>>56525156
Came here to post this. I have a 14 inch and it's a pretty good combination of portability and screen real estate. This is my 3rd year of college (cs major) and I haven't had an issue with screen size. If I need more room I'll just unplug one of the lab monitors and use a makeshift dual screen setup.
>>
The x220 I've got is 12.5" IPS, which is perfect for a portable machine. At home I've got a 23" IPS LG display for watching shit
>>
>>56526213
I have quite the huge difference. On the go I use an x220 as well because 1366x768 doesn't suck shit when you're screen is that small,

and at home I've got two 43 inch 4K TVs. Even though I find the x220 super comfy getting home to use my computer feels like an orgasm.
>>
13 is the patrician choice
>>
File: IMG_20150917_131544791.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150917_131544791.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have both a 15' and a 12' laptop, both of which I've used throughout college.

My general advice is to get whatever isn't heavier than 2kg. The difference between a 1.75kg machine and a 3.5kg one seems miniscule but it can pile up after lugging the thing throughout campus for days on end.

What's more, my university had these super tiny foldable tables in the lecture hall, and those were completely unusable with the 15' laptop. It could barely fit on them and left you completely immobile while staring at your screen at an awkward angle.

The 12' on the other hand left some arm room to spare and you were more flexible in positioning it. Moreover, when you're in lecture halls or the library, you tend to stand much closer to your laptop due to confined spaces, so you won't miss the extra real estate of a 15' laptop.

Hope this helps. Here, have a picture of my little one.
>>
X220
>>
13" Macbook Air has the best battery life on the market outside of a couple thinkpads that are in the same price bracket.

I know its >Applel but you don't want to be one of those betafag cuckolds who demands to sit near the outlet or brings an extension cord to charge your shitty $400 Acer do you?
>>
>>56526285

I've had two 15 inch laptops before and only recently got a 13 inch ultrabook, it's honestly the greatest thing, fucking love it, can't believe I was so blind all this time
>>
>>56523659
the larger the better. I use a 16 inches one, and I'd never go for something smaller. As for portability, I drive a car, ao it's not an issue.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.