[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone recommend me an older disc drive that can burn at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Can someone recommend me an older disc drive that can burn at least as slow as x2 speed my current disc drive can only burn as slow as x8 speed.
>>
Manually set the write speed, you retard. Also, optical media is shit and no longer necessary
>>
>>56521712
How do I manually set the write speed?
>>
>>56521773
Get burn software that lets you set it.
>>
>>56521807
I have IMGburn but every time I set it to anything below x8 speed it auto resets it back to x8 speed.
>>
File: maido.png (22KB, 135x179px) Image search: [Google]
maido.png
22KB, 135x179px
Just get one of those ancient garbage external drives that uses caddies and connects to the LPT port. 2x is light speed by comparison. Oh and forget about actually getting anything burnt, since they have no buffer and even the slightest bump or interference will make it spit out an unreadable disc.
>>
What do you want this for? Are you trying to pirate on some ancient console?
>>
>>56521873
Burning games for some early CD-ROM game consoles. Yes.
>>
>>56521684
try another cd burning software, should be able to burn slow enough
>>
>>56522109
I've tried Alcohol 120% and UltraISO as well. Same problems.
>>
>>56521968
And? 2x or 8x doesn't matter.
>>
>>56522190
do you ahve a PC wiht an IDE port? You could try picking up a very old PC with a CD drive for cheap(shouldn't be more than 70€ or so
>>
>>56522264
as for getting an old PC running, linux will probably give you the least of trouble. If you decide to use an old windows version, moving files from your Main PC to that PC to burn them will be an issue, i recommend installing a HTTP server on your main box(any windows that comes with internet explorer should be able to do simple file downloads out of the box.
>>
>>56522252
It actually does in terms for those consoles, they're very picky in terms of working properly.
>>56522264
Unfortunately not. The person who build this PC was a complete idiot. If I had the money to pour into getting a new one I would and have it optimized for exactly what need it for.
>>
>>56522352
Yea, I was thinking if I can at least getting an older Windows XP for the cheap off someone around here I should be able to just transfer everything from my external hard drive that I needed to burn could even go ahead and transfer the appropriate software files as well.
>>
>>56522368
mainboards don't come with ide ports nowadays, has been the case for a while sadly.
>>
>>56522368
No it doesn't, I burn games for my Sega CD at 16x and they work fine
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.