[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm kind of a noob at IDEs, how do I get something to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1473235703986.gif (240KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473235703986.gif
240KB, 540x540px
I'm kind of a noob at IDEs, how do I get something to be able to run OpenGL?
And what IDE should I use?
What programming language should I use?
What do I do about the fact that I'm tired right now?
How do I wake up?
How do I wake inside?
I CAN'T WAKE UP
SAVE ME
>>
Install TempleOS
>>
File: 1472606303540.jpg (272KB, 508x1438px) Image search: [Google]
1472606303540.jpg
272KB, 508x1438px
>>56511514
>literally meme OS
WELL I CAN MEME TOO
>>
Interesting thread op
>>
File: Capture(the blacks).png (35KB, 321x357px) Image search: [Google]
Capture(the blacks).png
35KB, 321x357px
>nobody will spoonfeed me OpenGL info
>>
>>56511743
because your questions make no sense
>>
>>56511762
wrong
>>56511743
>asking a technology question on /g/ that isn't shilling any product
>expecting intelligent replies
>>
>>56511800
they don't make sense though
IDEs have nothing to do with being able to use OpenGL
>>
>>56511506
hold it right there buckaroo, what the fuck are you trying to do with OpenGL?

You probably do not want OpenGL for whatever it is you want to do. OpenGL is for doing really low level shit. We're talking pushing individual pixels and triangles here.

If this is your first time fucking around with anything 3D or you just want to draw 3d stuff, I would not recommend OpenGL.

What most people really want when they want to do 3D stuff isn't OpenGL it's a scene graph. What's a scene graph? Look it up. If you do enough advanced general 3D stuff, you'll have to write one.

Check out Irrlicht, it's a fast 3D engine made for games and it's breddy nice.
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/docu/

I would also like to take this time to plug OpenSceneGraph. It's probably way overkill for what you want to do, but it's used for making HUGE VR environments
>>
wow, that "wake me up" shit is real fuckin moronic.

OpenGL is best tapped with C/C++. you can probably find the necessary libraries on apt and write up the code in Vim.

google is your friend
>>
>>56511830
this.
>>
File: 1472457575678.gif (479KB, 434x444px) Image search: [Google]
1472457575678.gif
479KB, 434x444px
>>56511930
>people who respond to threads saying "fucking noob use this simpler thing"
>implying I don't know how to use GLSL
>implying what I want to do doesn't specifically require GLSL
>>
>>56511830
Well, how do I get something to recognise OpenGL functions?
>>
>>56511961
>>GLSL
can be used with Irrlicht.
>>
>>56512444
Why are you suggesting alternative things to what would help me?
I know other things can use GLSL, I specifically need OpenGL because my company doesn't have a WebGL programmer and learning WebGL directly is impractical.
>>
>>56511961
Yeah we're going to believe you know things when you roll in all "what's ide do I use lol" your fucking dumb
>>
>>56512509
Your company wants a webgl programmer so u think it's a good idea to learn opengl (and not the actual webgl subset) because learning webgl is impractical???

You should probably quit your job and give all of your wages back to your employer
>>
>>56512592
All the WebGL documentation is hole-ridden, outdated, and often written by Pajeets.
>>
>>56511948
>giving advice intended for Linux
Anon, something written in OpenGL is probably targeted towards mainly Windows users, in which case it is retarded to do development in anything but Windows.
>>
>all the people in this thread giving "advice"
>no one answers one of OP's questions by pointing out that OpenGL is already implemented in all major operating systems which is undoubtedly known to anyone who has programmed with OpenGL
Holy fuck, none of you people giving advice about OpenGL have even written the simplest OpenGL program.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.