[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm certain that there're still warehouses in Shenzhen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1473415338442.jpg (183KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1473415338442.jpg
183KB, 1600x1200px
I'm certain that there're still warehouses in Shenzhen just chock full of 4:3 laptop screens. What's to stop the chinks from releasing a 4:3 laptop with modern specs? I'd buy it.
>>
>>56510443
No one else would though.
>>
File: 0002.gif (18KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
0002.gif
18KB, 128x128px
4:3 yay! Yes please!
>>
>>56510443
>chock full of 1024x768 4:3 screens

t-thanks
>>
>>56510443
caлo ypoнили
>>
Because 16:9 is the standard for media consumption, the purpose od 99% of laptops bought
>>
>>56510721

It depends. Assuming reusing all this unsellable hardware for parts allows you to drop the costs for the screen and chassis massively so you're selling laptops for mad cheap it's possible they'd sell pretty well

I'd buy one to fuck around on

I assume a lot of people would buy one to fuck around on if the hardware is decent enough along side the price and they add an HDMI out

If they use CCFL backlighting they'll have easier to look at screens (ie the contrast won't shift MASSIVELY with 1 degrees)as much as newer cheap LED backlit screens)
>>
>>56510904
You greatly overestimate the amount of people who'd buy a laptop to fuck around with. And besides, the screens might be cheap, but you want modern hardware. That isnt cheap at all.
>>
>>56510904
That has nothing to do with the backlight.
>>
>>56510928

A lot of people want fuck around laptops. I don't mean modern hardware that's AMAZING I just mean something okay enough. Even shoving some of the a6 or a8 AMD APUs in it or older i3 or i5 cpu's from 2011 would be fine

>do this
>sell for like 150-200 bux

I think they'd sell enough to warrant this
>>
>>56510939

I never said it was a direct cause of the backlight tech

The backlighting used has an affect on the screen though and if you think it doesn't you're a grade a idiot, buddy
>>
>>56510443
Just get a bunch of SMD RGB LEDs and build yourself a dot matrix display in any aspect ratio you want. Use a lot of LEDs to get a good resolution.
>>
>>56510791
This.
The majority of people buying laptops buy blingbling sexy media-machines, don't really care (read: know anything) about specs. Form over function. Sadly the rest of us must suffer...
Hell, in 2007 when I bought my first laptop the overall market was much better than it is now.
>NormiesRuinEverything.jpg
>>
>>56510443
Have you heard of 51nb's ThinkPad X62?
>>
I'd buy 10.

Would buy a T60 but its hard to get one in good condition now because of collector fags
>>
>>56510443
because vertical space isn't that useful for most people. It's more useful to have horizontal space so you can have 2 windows open side-by-side. That and media.
>>
File: 1473432675039.jpg (62KB, 690x460px)
1473432675039.jpg
62KB, 690x460px
>>56511508
Buggy unreliable trash without thinkpad build quality, would not buy
>>
>>56511508
What if we just stick an intel NUC + a microcontroller for controlling the hardware in a T60p
>>
>>56511508
What if we just stick the T60's screen into a T460
>>
>>56510791
> the purpose od 99% of laptops bought
t. basement dweller
normies use phones and tablets and set top boxes for that, because they're all infinitely better than a ball roasting shitbox with ass-tier battery life

laptops are for facebook and the occasional word/excel document, something which 4:3 beats the shit out of 16:9 for all day long while making an actual difference in portability
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.