[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Windows 10 so hated ? I mean everything you do with Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 57UKydQS.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
57UKydQS.png
7KB, 400x400px
Why is Windows 10 so hated ?
I mean everything you do with Linux i'm able to do with my freely upgraded Windows 10 (7 to 10). What's your excuse ? As of today Linux is free and so is Windows. I don't really see any reason to use Linux as this OS is actually a lot more user-friendly than Microsoft's.
I feel like I have more respect for someone using MacOS than any Linux user. Please enlighten me /g.
>>
Ignore the haters. Just use what you like.
>>
I meant less ofc.
>>
>>56501348
Your bait is showing. I saged this for you.
>>
>>56501348
A lot of people on /g/ don't like that it tracks stuff for advertising and even comes with advertising built in.

Personally I don't give a crap. I just turn all those features off and it works great.
>>
File: downvoted.png (787B, 219x231px)
downvoted.png
787B, 219x231px
>>
I would consider myself a windows fanboy, loved XP and 7, hated 8 with a passion, i coukd take or leave 10. I also have a mac pro with el capitan and not fond of it. My macbook pro runs linux mint. Its tripleboot with win7 but i never do.

Here is why i use linux. I feel over the last 5 years windows and osx have made me stupid or at least curbed my learning. I installed mint for the sole purpose of getting back into command line and bash writing. The DE is very close to windows so its a nice ease into linux for me. Im a programmer by trade and senior systems analyst by trade so maybe im an exception and not everyone needs to be command line savvy, but i enjoy it. So there you have it.
>>
>>56501348
because they take screenshots of me fapping to 2d girls
>>
W10 is good but the anniversary update is fucked
>>
>>56501348
You enjoy giving your personal information to MS by using their OS? Why not just publish it here as well?
>>
>>56504212
The only thing I send to MS is shit that would have gone out anyway. At least with this it's all in one central place and can be erased with a single click.
>>
>>56501348
I like Microsoft watching me, I'm a bit of an exhibitionist.
>>
>>56501348
>Why is Windows 10 so hated ?
I don't hate it.

>What's your excuse ?
I personally like to choose when updates happen, and support the philosophy behind free software. Free as in open source, and not monetary value as you stated.

>I don't really see any reason to use Linux as this OS is actually a lot more user-friendly than Microsoft's.
You misspoke, but there are plenty of distros that are incredibly easy to use. Just because it doesn't behave exactly like Windows, does not make it less user friendly.
>>
>>56504340
With Linux, "easy to use" always translates to "harder to master". You can clap LXDE over an Ubuntu install, but at that point it's just cutting corners and you'll be compromising somewhere.
>>
The irony is that all over this year with Windows 10, I haven't heard an anon saying it doesn't work, all the complains are about the privacy, which most of these are FUD actually (fear to anonymous telemetry).
>>
>>56501348
>Why is Windows 10 so hated ?
because it spies on you and retards think you can just turn it off
>I mean everything you do with Linux i'm able to do with my freely upgraded Windows 10 (7 to 10). What's your excuse ?
I like linux more, I don't have to download random executables from the internet. If I need any windows functionality, I just run it in a VM.
> As of today Linux is free and so is Windows. I don't really see any reason to use Linux as this OS is actually a lot more user-friendly than Microsoft's.
user-friendliness has nothing to do with it
>>
>>56504406
it's the fact that it's built in to the OS and they can just turn it back on with a mandatory update
>>
>>56504385
>With Linux, "easy to use" always translates to "harder to master".
Hop opinion but i bed go disagree,
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.