[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a machine with: GTX 550 2gb gddr5 videocard Asus p8z77-v

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: $_57.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
I had a machine with:

GTX 550 2gb gddr5 videocard
Asus p8z77-v lx z77 motherboard
8gb ddr3 ram
i5-3570k 3.4ghz processor

I then upgraded the videocard to a GTX 1070 from gigabit.

In games my FPS feels like it can be all over the place in really graphically busy environments, so I've had to lower the graphics to stabilize my FPS.

What is most likely bottlenecking me? I was thinking the ram, but please confirm, or correct me if I'm mistaken.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (702KB, 1918x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
702KB, 1918x1064px
Heres my cpu and ram usage during WoW. Im assuming RAM is the issue but could really use some confirmation.
>>
PSU
>>
>>56501417
i have a 700 watt PSU
>>
>>56501172

WoW is CPU heavy. Try overclocking that up to a nice 4.5ghz, it's what I have mine stable too.
>>
>>56501519
seems like wow is ram heavy too, because when i exit out i go down to 2-3gb ram usage

from your expertise, is this a Ram or CPU issue?
>>
>>56501500
Use DDU to unistall drivers and reinstall them.
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/
>>
>>56501571

That ram usage looks dangerously high for no reason, but I am no expert. Simply somebody who took notes from others and myself from having WoW issues. Your CPU seems to be fine...in-game gfx settings pls?
>>
>>56501699
in game graphics setting are 10/10. i find that i need to go to 6/10 to have a stable FPS with a completely fluid gaming experience.
>>
>>56501728
There is a slider? Try toning down some of the more resource intensive, yet graphically insignificant settings manually instead of using a slider to control all variables
>>
File: 1473120502797-fit.png (2MB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1473120502797-fit.png
2MB, 1280x1707px
>>56501044
Cpu and ram. You cpu while not shit, is older meaning you'll probably need to OC to get the most out of it. WoW is known to be cpu intensive ever since they implemented full multi-threading support. As for ram, your problem is probably exclusively the ram. Not speed. Just lack of ram. If as you're playing your ram usage tries to go above the 8GB you have, your PC will try and ram dump the excess onto your hard drive for swap storage real quick. Process the new data, and swap back. Problem is that your hard drive (even if it's an ssd) is easily 4-5 times slower than even 1600mhz ddr3 in regards to data speeds.

Long story short, buy more ram. I have WoW running in an i7-6700k/32GB ddr4-2400mhz system. I see close to 10GB ram usage and 45% load on all processing threads while in graphics heavy areas. I.e. dungeons and cities.

Lastly this matter isn't deserving of its own thread. If in the future you have questions like this, please take it to /sqt/ thread. It'll probably get more answers anyway.
>>
Is that 1 stick of ram or 2?
>>
>>56501908
>10GB of RAM
JFC I used to run WoW on a 2GB RAM laptop back in BC-Wotlk days. Game still looks like ass yet somehow uses that much memory now?
>>
>>56501912
2 sticks of 4. i just ordered 2 sticks of 8 to replace it. i feel like being at 7.5 out of 8gb in my task manager is too much.

>>56501967
yeah i really dont get this bullshit, i used to play wow with an nvidia 64mb graphics card in the year 2000 and it ran perfectly.

now that card wont run solitare.

i also feel like companies like nvidia purposely release drivers to make their older hardware underperform. i think they sabotage their own products to make you want to upgrade.

>>56501908
thanks

>>56501789
there is a slider, thats what i try to use
>>
>>56502160
>i think they sabotage their own products to make you want to upgrade.

you aren't wrong
>>
>>56501967
Yea me too. Raided wotlk on an D Athlon x2 laptop with 4GB ddr3 and ran fine on medium. Character models now are a lot more detailed in face and armor. Mounts, weapons ,armor, terrain etc are all more detailed and while the engine hasn't changed, they did overhaul a shit ton. In crowded cities and dungeons with effects and particles everywhere I usually see close to 10GB system ram usage and up to 3GB VRAM usage on my 980ti
>>
delid cpu, get good cooler and OC the hell out of it.
>>
>>56501044
Your ram seems fine.
Your cpu needs a bit of an OC and clean install windows
>>
Possibly graphics card. I have a 750ti acx ftw and it gets a fairly steady 60fps on all high settings. I have 8gb ram too and I've never seen wow use that much. With firefox, discord, winamp, and skype open Im usually still under 7
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.