[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you guys become so knowledgeable with computer components

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: My first rig guys.webm (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
My first rig guys.webm
3MB, 600x338px
How did you guys become so knowledgeable with computer components and building a rig? I've only built one and had to follow instructions all throughout, outside of this I have no idea what components are better than others, how to install water cooling or LED strips for example, good cable management and so on and so forth.
I want to be more tech savvy, but where do you even begin? All I could think of is building multiple PCs.
>>
>>56493871
It's like playing with legos. First you use the instruction manual and then you just make whatever you want.
>>
>>56493905
It's like lego if a single piece of lego was ridiculously expensive and could break if you put it together incorrectly. And afterward you have to lie and hope for a warranty replacement a week later.
>>
>>56493992
Then don't be a fucking idiot and break parts
>>
>>56493905
I never really got that analogy. Sure, putting the pieces together is similar because you're assembling something, but you need to have the prior knowledge to know which pieces of lego to buy and which will give you good performance, then you need to figure out the best way to implement it within the case you have.
>>
>>56493992
>and could break if you put it together incorrectly
Every piece fits exactly in one and only one place. How could you fuck this up?
>>
What makes some components better than others?
>>
As you research components, watch videos, watch reviews, watch unboxings, stuff like that, it eventually becomes easier

it's easy consumer stuff
>>
>>56493871
Ancient skill of reading
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.