[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gosh dang code academy really blows is this seriously supposed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: CAfux.png (15KB, 772x341px) Image search: [Google]
CAfux.png
15KB, 772x341px
gosh dang code academy really blows
is this seriously supposed to "teach" anyone anything
>hurr durr just guess
>fill the blanks
>...
>never profit
>>
>>56492718
Why not try reading through a book or doing a practical challenge if you don't like it, anon?
>>
Code academy is a meme intended for WebDev idiots that think they are programming.

Python the Hard Way isn't so bad apparently. I did Ruby the Hard Way and that was decent.

After you're done with Python, get into an OOP language like C# or Java, then get into C/C++. This is a good logical progression.
>>
>>56492769
Zed's Python book is alright but avoid his C books like the plague. He has a major ax to grind and it shows.
>>
Just read a book retard
>>
>>56492769
C and C++ are obsolete though.
>>
The codecademy class's for Python gets progressively harder, once you finish the Battleship project they begin to throw un- guided projects at you.
>>
>>56492815
The why is the planet written in C?

Damn nigga, shut you up fast.
>>
>>56492830
By your logic COBOL is not obsolete because there's ton of things written with it.
>>
>>56492815
Not quite. We haven't automated all of the code generation for lower level programming. Give it 10 years and you'll probably be right. Regardless, C will always exist as a teaching tool, just like Pascal and QBasic.
>>
File: 1473240168993.jpg (55KB, 451x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473240168993.jpg
55KB, 451x720px
>>56492861
>he's not learning COBOL to rack in the sweet mainframe maintenance cash since all COBOL programmers will die of old age in a couple of years
lamayo f a m
>>
>>56492796
which book? i usually just look up the issue at hand when i need to, but if there is actually a single book worth reading entirely id love that
>>
A few years ago I dabbled in C++, was using a thick 1500 page textbook and got a few hundred pages in. Gave up on it to pursue other avenues

Years later, I go to pick up Python at CodeAcademy and see that is it retard-tier. It's mean't for 8 year olds or girls who want to kode.

I was using Automate the Boring Stuff and it was more comfy, but then the site went down temporarily, and the guy would rather spout uberPC-leftist shit on his twitter than backup his site

Any recommendations?
>>
>>56493920
>Any recommendations?
Pick back up with the C++ textbook.
>>
>>56492815
This. Only people using them are doing so to maintain legacy software. It's a waste of time unless you want to make 25k a year.

People are using Rust for low level stuff now and Go for networking/concurrency.

Companies are slowly moving to D too, because it's a much more cleaner and concise C++.
>>
>>56493980
>Companies are slowly moving to D
ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahha
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.