[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how different coding languages are from real languages? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

how different coding languages are from real languages?

I'm fluent in 4 languages and want to pick up on some extra virtual languages, would it be as easy as real languages?

where should I start?
>>
>where should I start?

Install Emacs and start learning Elisp.
>>
Programming languages are more like modes of writing down logic than they are programming languages. If you've ever taken a logic course, you'll feel at home.
>>
>>56490888
checked
>>
>>56490855
If you are not a native speaker of a language with cases then it will be quite similar process to making mental logic steps to get to the proper case and word formation in sentences
>>
>>56490855
If it is too difficult, you can use the dragon drop features some programs come with, like Game Maker and Code.org
>>
>>56490944
That just means "Using your brain makes it easier to use your brain"
Programming languages make sense to me but I can't learn real languages for shit, it's a different part of your brain
>>
>>56490963
To me it is an applied version of if else loops and do whiles with prepositions and sentence structure being the statements and variables
>>
>>56490980
>To me it is an applied version of if else loops and do whiles
Wew laddy I would never want to look at your code
>>
>>56490987
Hey it works for me m9, I will never be fluent in all the languages that I speak
>>
>>56491004
which languages do you speak anon?
>>
>>56491027
Dutch, German, English, Croatian, and Italian
>>
>>56491053
heard German was easy, is it true?
>>
File: indo-european-language-tree.png (37KB, 620x196px) Image search: [Google]
indo-european-language-tree.png
37KB, 620x196px
>>56491059
Depends on what language family you come from.
One of my native tongues is from the same branch so we have very vocabulary and grammar.

Depending on where you come from the biggest pain may be the case system, or if you are already familiar with the concept, the vocabulary. German has not been cucked by English as much and thus has their own words for modern concepts as downloading, computers etc.
Also they have the nice western germanic feature of stickingwordstogether instead of separating them into distinct words leading to gems such as rechtsanwaltskanzlei and toilettenbürstenbenutzungsanweisung.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.