[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>computer is faster >comuter interface is more complicated/less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: dell13.png (93KB, 504x350px) Image search: [Google]
dell13.png
93KB, 504x350px
>computer is faster
>comuter interface is more complicated/less intuitive to use
>computer is slower

I don't get how many people don't think about this. Yeah, of course you can be a /g/ browser and be super good and quick with your keyboard shortcuts, but most people don't wanna do that shit. They just want to pick up a computer and get real shit done.

that is why I use a mac.
>>
>>56487222
some people do productive things and some are unix wizards

accept it anon
>>
when you say

>comuter interface is more complicated / less intuitive to use

what are you reference or comparing?
>>
>>56487268
windows in general
>>
>>56487268
He's saying
>it's faster because of these keybinds
>it's slower because I have to remember things and that's hard.
>>
>>56487268
vs mac
>>
>>56487222
qutebrowser is on mac though

not that I would want to use it with that keyboard
>>
>>56487336
I'm just stating an actual truth, which is that most human who use computers don't spend time learning fucking keybinds.
>>
>>56487222
>Paying more for an inferior product
>Supporting a company that adheres to morons like yourself
>>
>>56487366
>inferior product
>because SPEED!
>>
>>56487246
And you can do both
>>
>>56487246
>>56487479
Ok, but then the nature of your work is specific to a type of computer, so why would you need a strong opinion about what kind of computer is right for your purposes? It's like a guy who's using a hammer telling the guy who's using a screwdriver over there that he's doing it all wrong.
>>
>>56487366
>inferior product

Compared to... what exactly? There's a small handful of competing ultrabooks these days, sure, that's an improvement over a few years ago. Unfortunately, they're running Windows so that drags the whole experience down.
>>
>>56487542
Most manage with windows. And Dell has "Developer" versions for all its ultrabooks preloaded with Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.

I personally find OSX unintuitive and needlessly obtuse with regards to system maintenance.
>>
>>56487602
You must not know what intuitive means. No desktop OS is intuitive. Also, maintenance, really? Why should you have to do any at all besides updates? What kind of shitty OS's are you used to?
>>
>>56487533
>>56487542
>>56487670

Uh-oh! Looks like mac is winning it in this thread!
>>
>>56487533
i mean you can technically use a hammer and it would still work
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.