[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /g/, I come to you with a simple question. Like many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Amazon.png (404KB, 1110x805px) Image search: [Google]
Amazon.png
404KB, 1110x805px
Alright /g/, I come to you with a simple question.

Like many in college, I try to pirate as many of my textbooks as possible. Recently, there was a new textbook from this year that I couldn't find anywhere on the net.

One of my friends rented the ebook from Amazon, so I was able to run it through some anti-DRM plugin on Calibre and convert it to pdf. I want to put the pdf up on some torrent sites to help other people out, but I'm worried about the file getting traced back to him.

When I open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Pro, it keeps complaining about some signature problems. Something along the lines of "Enfocus Preflight (invisible signature)" not being verified.

I have no idea what this is or how to remove it. Do I need to deal with it before uploading the pdf? Are there any other hidden data that can be used to trace the book back to his Amazon account?

>TL;DR can a pdf of a rented ebook get traced back to the renter
>>
Bumping for answers
>>
no fuckin' clue. bump for interest about what Calibre is
>>
Bumping for great interest
>>
>>56487355
Well I can tell you a little bit about Calibre from my experience, it's an open source ebook management program that works really well with torrented ebooks.

People have developed a ton of useful plugins for it too, like the DeDRM plugin I used on my buddy's rented ebook.

All in all, just a better ebook manager, and you can also import all your books from other proprietary ebook managers.
>>
Self bump
>>
File: dedrm_tutorial.png (418KB, 1047x4332px) Image search: [Google]
dedrm_tutorial.png
418KB, 1047x4332px
Here you go OP. See bottom of the image.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.