[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone? I use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 20

File: cameras-1.png (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
cameras-1.png
2MB, 2000x2000px
Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone? I use to be an Apple fanboy until I started doing more research and now I just don't understand Apple.

>third camera
Android had that already
>quad core processor
And round had that in 2012
>3 gb if RAM
Android has had that for a while, 3 is kind of low for current flagships
>no headphone jack
The one Android without one has a model with it
>LED screen
Android has mostly moved on to OLED
>no removable matter
There are still a few Android phones with removable batteries
>no expandable storage
Expandable storage is pretty common among Android

I'm not saying they make bad phones but people get excited for Apple products in a way other phones have never seen while Apple fans ignore android phone altogether (or all but Samsung phones). Why is that? It it just hype beasts? Are people just falling for there clever marketing? I feel like I'm missing something.
>>
>>56484275
iPhones have lower specs than Android phones but perform better. iOS doesn't lag. Android flagships lag out of the box.

iPhones have higher quality apps with consistent interface designs, because Apple enforces it.

iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones. In addition, Apple provides the best support out of any phone company.

iPhones, no matter what the model, have top tier battery life.
>>
>>56484275
Applefags are either
>girls
>tech illiterate
>homosexuals
>>
>>56484391
You apparently weren't an Apple user in the early days when the phones would brick on a near regular basis. I don't know if I can remember how many damn phones I had to replace at an Apple store.
>>
>>56484391
iPhones continue to receive software updates 6 years later and more. Non Nexus Android phone owners are lucky to receive the second most recent major update in their phones lifetime.

>>56484435
I welcome you to 2016.
>>
Android user and fan here, the A10 shits all over the Qualcomm CPUs it's not even funny, if you look at their road map you'd see that Qualcomm is dicking the dog.

Also doesn't help that the NVME Apple.puts in their iDevices destroys what the equivalent Android OEM uses.

At this point Qualcomm needs to step up their game, it's really weird how similar this whole thing is. Qualcomm being AMD and the Apple A10 being Intel. WHOA SO MANY CORES, too bad they all suck and it still gets walked on by the A9.
>>
>>56484439
iPhones brick themselves when you upgrade too far ahead of their original iOS. Either they get laggy to an unusable point or the battery shits itself.
>>
>>56484275
The appeal is that it boils down to it just werks

Normies want a phone that can call, text, snapchat, take photos, and browse the internet. That's it, and the iphone provides all of those in a simple fashion, you're also the coolest kid on the block if you have the newest one as well.

What it does, it does well. It's what it doesn't do is what makes it shit
>>
>>56484498
the 820 and the A10 have the same number of cores
>>
>>56484499
All phones do, thats kind of an invalid point to make
>>
>>56484275
>muh android did it first
So of someone did it first no one else can?

The iPhone's appeal to me is iOS as a base, I like jaibreaking my devices which provides the flexibility I need while still maintaining the premium feeling I get from iOS. Also the synchronicity between Apple devices is breedy gud and you have admit that which is also an appeal since I have a Mac.
>>
I don't want to meme on you, but it just works. Sure, you pay top dollar for something an Android phone can do, but there are always concessions with Android. For example, with Samsung you pay almost the same as iPhone for about the same build quality and top tier camera, however the software is fucking garbage riddled with bloat and a slow android skin. You can pay $600 for a flagship from LG/HTC/Motorola/Huawei/Google but there's always something missing, be it a shitty camera, poor battery life, boot loops, unoptimized as hell software.

With Apple you are guaranteed that your phone *assuming it's the latest Will be the absolute best of the bunch with top tier apps and app support. You are guaranteed to receive at least 3+ years of IOS updates too. Which is something 95% of Android users can't say.
>>
>>56484523
That's not true. I'm still using my 2 year old galaxy s5. It still works flawlessly.
>>
>>56484391
the first point is kinda true because android offers more freedom to the apps to perform
the second one is not true anymore
>best support and built quality
>top tier battery life
>top kek
>>
>>56484596
This can be said for any 5 year old iPhone.

Androcucks are so used to shitty devices that one working 2 years later is a miracle.
>>
>>56484627
My 3 year old iPhone 5c is laggy though.
>>
>>56484637
My 2 year old Galaxy S5 is running at a crawl
>>
>>56484523
not true
>>
>>56484663
Clean your phone then. If not then install a ROM. It's simple.
>>
>>56484637
My less than one year old 6s plus's screen doesnt even work, no cracks or anything, after updating to 9.3.5 it began overheating and then the touch stopped working

Also my iphone 5s that i use for music is laggy as fuck since ios 8 and the battery dies in 3 hours of listening to music and it isnt even using a sim card, its on airplane mode always.
>>
Iphones has many pros and cons

Pros:
1. Highly optimized software as there are only a few iPhones compared to the thousands of different Android phones.

2. Excellent build quality

3. Very little viruses as Apple ALWAYS vhecks an app before releasing it to the app store.

Cons:

1. Non-opensource software

2. Requires proprietary connectors and adapters

3. Shitty battery life

I myself used to use an iPhone before realizing that Android devices had the capability to perform tasks I would want to do on a device better. That and because Android is open source, you can modify the phones to your hearts desire.
>>
>>56484697
So your phone's official firmware is so shit that you have to use some Pajeet's Cyanogenmod/AOSP/Evervolv fork? Why would multi-billion dollar international super conglomerate Samsung not fully support a 2 year old device? Why would Apple still fully support a phone released in 2012 whereas Sammy can't support a 2014 device?

Really makes you chink. Buy American. Buy Apple. There's a reason Apple phones are used 2:1 over Androids in civilized countries like Japan and the U.S.

Quality + support speak volumes.
>>
>>56484275
You're forgetting that Android fucking sucks though, you have to take that into account.
>>
>>56484514
>>>56484498 (You)
>the 820 and the A10 have the same number of cores
Missed my point entirely Anon
>>
>>56484794
Core count is only good in multi-process situations. The performance of the core themselves is very important. This is a prominent when you compare an 810 to an 820. The 820 has half the cores but outperforms the 810
>>
>>56484613
"hurr durr WTF MY IFONE SCREEN SMASHED INTO PIECES WHEN I THREW IT ON THE GROUND, WHAT A SHITTY BUILD QUALITY"

>top autism
>>
>>56484720
iOS 7.1.2 was the last good iOS verison to be honest, especially if you jailbroke it. When iOS 8 came I updated and it kind of regretted it. It became more sluggish as more updates rolled in.
>>56484739
iPhone batteries life bad? That's one good things they have.
>>56484760
It's not that the firmware is shit. I could live with the stock firmware if I had too but I would rather flash a ROM that offers more features than manufactures such as apple and Samsung have. Getting to choose the firmware want is one of the things I love about android. Then again some android don't even let you flash custom ROMs so you got to do your research before picking a phone.
>>
>>56484275
sometimes, i just want ios

in recent months, ive realized i only need some functionality, and apps are just extra, but mandatory apps. apple addresses mandatory apps perfectly.
>>
File: 20160907_200712.jpg (128KB, 525x871px) Image search: [Google]
20160907_200712.jpg
128KB, 525x871px
>>56484663
Personal problem. Mine's fine.
>>
>>56484892
That's fantastic for tinkerers and tech-folks who want to spend hours browsing forums riddled with Indians, Filipinos and Malaysians.

When I want to buy a new phone I don't have to do any research. Apple makes sure the software works just fine on any supported device. No need to flash shady ROMS from androiddevhost.in or whatever site you get 'em from.

Most people fall into the latter. Do you think some 16 year old girl or 56 year old businessman wants to go out of his way to do some weird shit that he'll perceive to be way over his head to get his phone working adequately when they can just buy Apple?
>>
>>56484391

gr8 b8 r8 an 8/eight
>>
>>56484960
Yeah, sometimes I think people lose touch of just how unaware the average person is of tech. Changing settings can be an adventure sometimes
>>
>>56484829
I get that, my point is the A9 and now the A10 completely outperform the Qualcomm with less cores and hell up until this point with less ram.

Combine the NVME that Apple puts in their iDevices and it's as if the Android OEM market are years behind. Qualcomm is dragging ass and is so behind Apple's chip thats it's fucking laughable.

That's my issue with the current Android market, Qualcomm is holding everything back so something needs to happen so we can finally have a smooth experience with the Android OS. It's not the system, it's the shitty NVME and the lame ass Qualcomm.

Hoping something breaks and we get a new SoC maker come in and bring us up to speed, literally.
>>
>>56484960
>implying Android is really this complicated

You are retarded.
>>
OP here, I'm starting to get it more

>>56484391
>Android flagships lag out of the box
I understand that is a problem but my LG V10 never had had that issue. Maybe it just depends I the phone?

>iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones.
II would say they are way up there but maybe not the best. There are a lot of obsure Android phones that have terrible build quality so I can see how it would be easier for the average person to just go with Apple since they know it will be nice.

>>56484439
>iPhones continue to receive software updates
I get that but that's not always a positive. Like >>56484499 said, it lags it after a while.

>>56484539
>So of someone did it first no one else can?
I'm not saying it makes a difference who did it first, I'm just saying Apple fans will ignore Android features but rave over what's on the new iPhone. It would be like if I pretended 3D touch was dumb but the OnePlus put out a phone with it and I then said it was the best thing ever. It just doesn't make sense.

>The iPhone's appeal to me is iOS as a base
>I like jaibreaking my devices
I could be wrong but if you don't mind tampering with the OS would it be possible to put iOS on an Android phone? Get the best of both worlds.

>the synchronicity between Apple devices is breedy gud
Fair enough. Besides Microsoft, no one else is really doing that and even Microsoft isn't doing it as well.

>>56484553
>I don't want to meme on you, but it just works
That's honestly completely fair. If you have the money and don't want to deal with it then Apple is not a bad option.

>>56484769
>You're forgetting that Android fucking sucks
I know you're just trying to be edgy but there is some truth in that. If you just can't get around the feel of Android, I don't blame you. I love GNU/Linux but it's not for everyone.
>>
>>56484960
You can just YouTube Best (insert phone name) Custom Rom and find some pretty good ROMs that way. Android works straight out of the box as well, but I get where your coming from when you say that this stuff might be over their head. Some of my normie friends that don't want to make the switch because they think that Android is too confusing in general.
>>
>>56484984
Not an argument
>>
>>56484391
My G4 used to lag, then I upgraded to Android M. Now its smooth as butter, familia. I do miss iMessage though.
>>
>>56485071
I'm speaking in layman's terms. You're in an autist hotspot where people tinker with chinkphones. Installing a ROM is pretty simple to people like us. However we're not even 0.1% of the mobile user market. Flashing roms is a tech afficionado thing.
>>
>>56485123
Yeah, and stock GUIs work just fine for typical tech derps.
>>
>>56485086
iMessage is something I definitely miss as well after switching to android.
>>
File: color-shift-angle2.jpg (43KB, 310x200px) Image search: [Google]
color-shift-angle2.jpg
43KB, 310x200px
>>56484275
OLED color shifting is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>56485151
>tech "derps"

I think you know exactly where you need to go back to.
>>
>>56484553
Not true, I have a galaxy s7 edge, no lag it's even quicker when you take of the transition animations, I don't need to jail break it to do so. I've had zero issues with the performance even with TouchWiz. Also, TouchWiz is good I get the hate it has because of its past but there's nothing wrong with it now. Plus great camera, amazing battery life, FAST CHARGING, (being able to charge your phone quickly is a big fucking deal believe me, you won't know how you lived without it before) and the screen if fucking amazing 1440p > 720p 1080p
>>
>>56485231
>TouchWiz is good
>>
My s4 still doesn't lag all years later. I've used iphones in the past and they've all been trash.
>>
Because iPhones just "werks" for the average user, then again Apple is also well known for supporting their products for more than 2 years with updates, something that most Android OEM can't fucking do right (fuck you Samsung), aside from Google Nexus,
>>
>>56484663
My mom has one and it's fine

>le lagdroid meme

This and "poorfag" are the biggest shill giveaways
>>
>>56485239
>never used an s7 egde
>worst launcher ever because everybody told me so!
>>
>>56485269
*than.
>>
>>56484960
I'll let you in on a secret, touchwiz is actually not even a problem

I use it and I think I saw it lag once in the last 4 months and it was during an update
>>
File: 1473042211955.jpg (85KB, 804x802px) Image search: [Google]
1473042211955.jpg
85KB, 804x802px
>>56484391
>There are people who actually think like this
>>
>>56485317
Not an argument
>>
>>56485315
>>56485300
Thank you based TouchWiz

http://www.xda-developers.com/with-the-note-7-samsung-still-delivers-embarrassing-real-world-performance/
>>
>Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone?

You don't have to use Android.
>>
>>56484275
Should I get a Samsung Galaxy phone?
>>
File: slow apple phone.png (38KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
slow apple phone.png
38KB, 650x500px
>>56484275
>mfw
>>
>>56485315
It may not be a problem, but imagine how much more responsive and speedy every samsung phone ever made would be if it ran stock Android?

Maybe not 50% faster, but enough to make a tangible difference.

What if Samsung realized that they're pretty much the Apple of the Android world and refused to put 20+ bloatware apps from carriers on their phones?

Apple cares about the user experience, Samsung does not. All they want is to push their shitty bloatware apps like S Voice and Samsung Pay to earn a little extra over the hardware they make. And to make a little more with the carrier bloatware they should definitely realize is not necessary.
>>
>>56485485
It absolutely is a problem.
>>
>>56484275
>LED screen
It doesn't have an LED screen. It is an IPS LCD panel.
>>
>>56485437
Only the s5. The new ones are crap.
>>
>>56484409
THIS
>>
I love iOS and the jailbreak community. Is there anything similar to that in the android community with rooting?

I have a free phone option that I was waiting to use on the new iPhone, but now I'm not sure.
>>
>>56485598
You can basically do everything that jailbreaking does without rooting. If you mean like small little firmware tweaks then there's xposed.
>>
Theyre just too fucking expensive, I can do all the shit I need to on an android for a much lower price. (though the samsung phones are bloody expensive too)
>>
>>56485598
You mean for ROMs and root apps? Go check out xda forums.
>>
>>56485598
Android rooting community is absolutely filled to the brim with kids and teens.
>>
>>56484275
polish, consistency and a good brand image

specs barely matter anymore, it's a fucking phone, inherently gimped by its tiny size, shit input methods and dumbed down operating system, anyone who needs more already has it in a real computer or camera that's infinitely better in almost every respect, those who don't have it practically overkill already

also, why does it matter who had it first at all? does that mean it was good? does that mean it remains unequaled just because? who gives a fuck if manufacturers were using cheapo quad cores in 2012 or loading up devices with inordinate amounts of equally cheap memory so mouth breathers would jerk off in front of the shelf talkers?
>>
>>56484499
Do a dfu restore and don't setup from a backup. The device will work well. Hell even my old ass iPhone 4s and iPad mini 1 run the latest iOS 9 version well.
>>
iNormies don't care about "deprecated" technology such as:
>3.5mm jack
>Removable batteries
>Expandable storage
>RAM
Etc.

iNormies do care about things like:
>What will Chad/Stacy think of me if they see me with an Android device?
>Green vs. blue bubbles
Etc.
>>
>>56485598
You don't need to jailbreak with android cause it isn't locked down to begin with
>>
>>56485688
Finally. Some fucking truth.
>>
>>56485716
why is /g/ so obsessed with projecting their insecure hipsterism on others?

android is huge in the normiesphere as well, because they don't give a fuck as long as it gets them on facebook
>>
Why are so many iPhone users on this board literally retarded.

>"My iPhone is slow and laggy, iPhone's are trash"

No, you're just an idiot, free up a couple gigabytes of storage and then run "Battery Doctor" app to clean up your cache and delete excess storage, this fixes the problem on any iPhone running the appropriate system update.

>"My screen stopped working for no reason!"

Step 1: calm the fuck down
Step 2: buy an iPhone repair kit
Step 3: pop the screen off, disconnect it from the connectors, reconnect them, put the screen back on, and hard reset your phone.
This works for lines in the screen as well, its either too much pressure on the LED by the glass or the connectors are fucked.

>"My phone won't turn on"

Pop the screen off, disconnect the battery, and plug in a charger. If the phone doesn't power on, your screen is fucked or theres some shit going on with your logic board. If it does turn on, buy a battery for like $15 on amazon and replace it, takes 30 seconds

>"My phone won't get service no matter what, I've reset my network settings and hard reset, it won't work"

Replace the SIM card, they're like 10 bucks at your provider store. If that doesn't work, your SIM reader is fucked, send that puppy back if you've got a warranty

>"My touch ID won't work!"
Literally just wipe it down well, wipe the fuckin cheeto dust off of your fingers, and try again. If the print was from a long time a go, make a new one. The epidermis of your finger changes.

>"My iPhone completely bricked! Touch screen won't work, power button won't work, home button won't work, its bricked!"

First off don't go fuckin swimming with it, these things aren't water proof. Second off, yes, it it most likely water or sweat. Open up your phone and wipe the shit off from the inside.

I've saved over $400 just from fixing simple shit like this

Feel free to give any other advice to these amateurs or to correct me.
>>
>>56485762
>Hipsterism
I am fully aware that most Android users are just as bad as ithing users, but this is /g/, so I assume that any Android user here is using CM and thus isn't using Android just to not be an iFag.
>>
>>56484439
I'm using an iPhone 5 and let me tell you it's a laggy mess. Even my screen is burned a bit for God knows. iPhones are good for two years till you have issues. I'm either going to get a iPhone 6 Plus or a Samsung G7 or any good android phone.
>>
>>56484553
Really don't know where you got the lag in the samsung flagship, the exynos S7 performs extremely well.
The bloat is irrelevant to anyone that spends 5 minutes customizing the phone, it is not much to ask.
>>
>>56484637
My mom has a 5c and it's absolutely garbage. You can only store like 5 pics.
>>
When I look for a phone (or any tech), I check if:

>Does it look a away that I like?
>Is it able to do the things I want it to do well and easily?
>Is it big enough?
>Is the camera good and easy to use?
etc.

For a lot of people, the iPhone looks like an all-rounder. It's basically a jack of all trades, master of none.No idea how that can justify the cost to any rational mind, but it could be the status that comes with an iPhone I guess.

I, for example, use the Z5 Premium because I love the way it looks and unlike when I had an iPhone 6S Plus (took back SEVEN of them), I have had no defects.
>>
>>56485968
>master of none

>has the fastest SoC
>has the fastest storage
>has the top of the line camera, or on par with Samsung
>has objectively the best build quality
>has the best software optimization
>is the main app platform

Interesting...
>>
>>56485968
Nah, iPhone is master of exactly what Apple wants, and completely impossible when you want to do something they don't approve of.
>>
File: 1315775882963.jpg (35KB, 300x281px) Image search: [Google]
1315775882963.jpg
35KB, 300x281px
>>56484275
Exclusive walled garden for the retards.
I for once support Apple in their endeavor to separate those people from real technology. They should if at all possible make the wall higher. They should create their own internet and wireless protocols.
>>
>>56485269
Or the fact that every update lags the iPhone.
>>
>>56485834
There's retards for every technological device desu... just because some of us prefer the simplicity of the iPhone doesn't mean we're not tech savvy and yes people like that do frustrate me and that's why screen and minor problem repair services companies are so successful.
>>
>>56484275
m-muh bloo bubblezzzzzzz
>>
>>56484275
It's mostly the OS. Android drives me crazy – the OS itself is getting passable these days, but still has serious issues, and so many of the apps of the apps on the Play store feel like they were cobbled together by high school students. Good apps exist there, but it's much more of a hunt. I wasn't fond of constantly being paranoid that non-big-name-apps were malware in some way wasn't pleasant either.

It doesn't help that good android phones are in perpetual shortage. The number of options is insane, but the number of good options has always been minimal and riddled with caveats, many of which don't make themselves evident until you've owned the damn thing past the return date.

It's not as if Apple stuff is without tradeoffs, but at least they're evident from the outset and are thus avoidable if deal-breaking.
>>
>>56485688
>wipes out everything on your phone.

>Y-ya it's the fucking solution!
>>
>>56484275
>Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone

Normies will look down upon you if you don't have an iphone. You'll look poor to them and won't "belong".

Of course if you had no plan to get an iPhone then it shouldn't bother you. But most people are normies and normies will buy shit just because its popular.
>>
>>56486798
It's arguable that by buying a flagship Android device and being opinionated about it, you're trying to do the counterculture thing (e.g. you're a hipster).

The normie thing to do is to buy whatever low to mid range device currently being promoted at your local AT&T shop and not give two shits about the mobile platform wars.
>>
>>56485086
>>56485153
>I do miss iMessage though.
Why?
>>
>be apple user
>phone discharged
>I'll just sit down and listen to music while it's charging
>plug phone in
>get out my single airpod (lost the other one when I was at jamals place)
>it's discharged too
>get out my other apple earphones
>realize I can't charge while listening to music
>ehh, listening to music while charging is bad for phones.
>play my rap music at full volume from the phone speakers as people passing by keep glancing at me
>they must be jealous of my iphone 7
>>
>>56484275
I have an iphone 6s plus because it was much cheaper than a Nexus 6.

I do regret not getting the Nexus though.
>>
>>56484275
Performance, build quality/design, developer support and updates are the main reasons I'm considering switching to iOS from Android. Pixel is gonna have to be amazing to keep me.
>>
>>56485231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10UBsSo6O4I

why are you lying
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 741x224px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 741x224px
>>56484275
>>
You people can argue all you want but the real test is market share and I'm sure apple isn't winning over android
>>
>>56488566
IIRC Apple is at about half still
>>
>>56488578
>half still

They lost 7% market share from Q2 2015 to Q2 2016
>>
>>56484391
>iOS doesn't lag
I used to have an iPod Touch and it lagged like hell within one year. Also one of my parents' iPhone is slow as shit.
>>
>>56488599
Really? That's good to hear
>>
>>56488566
That also includes india where they make 10$ phones
>>
>>56488566
>>56488599
>>56488655
http://fortune.com/2016/02/14/apple-mobile-profit-2015/

just give up, you can love android but just accept that you're on the losing side
>>
>>56484275
>The one Android without one has a model with it

what the fuck are you trying to convey?
>>
>>56484391
>iPhones have lower specs than Android phones but perform better. iOS doesn't lag. Android flagships lag out of the box.
nice meme, apple products become unusable after +3 major updates
>iPhones have higher quality apps with consistent interface designs, because Apple enforces it.
you are forced to use their store, you are not allowed to do anything but what they allow
>iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones. In addition, Apple provides the best support out of any phone company.
wrong, from the antennagate "you are holding your telephone the wrong way" to the touch disease
>iPhones, no matter what the model, have top tier battery life.
terrible bait, but you made me reply, 1/10
>>
>>56489106
>Fortune.com
>Canaccord Genuity
>One macfags """"""""research"""""""""""
>>
>>56484275
Why the fuck do Applefags care about Samsung phones?

Also, I've noticed the recommended specs for certain things on Android / iPhone are skewered, because the hardware for iPhones is actually jack shit.

This only matters if you care about gaymen. Hearth Stone and Rune Story both have significantly lower system requirements for Apple products because they -have- to be well optimized to even run on the hardware.

Meanwhile, Android products vary drastically, from $35 4GB LGF3 to the $600 Sony Xperia Z4 tablet. When using Android there's no reason to use middle line shit:
Even shitty cheap Android phones are capable of watching videos, whereas buying middle line shit just makes you feel like you can do half the things that other people pay premium for.

However, Apple has no 'poorfag' consumer base because their entire business strategy is to make decent software and overprice their hardware shit. Nobody on a budget or living in a developing country wants that shit. Black-rimmed wearing white alpacamen aren't going to have money forever.

I wonder if nerds being totes rad or whatever on tv has something to do with the fact that people are suddenly noticing how Apple has always had shitty specs for the value. If apple is going to release more low-end dogshit, then they need to sell it to low-end dogshit, not rich people who want fancy toys.

Android phones feel wasted by their OS but what the fuck are you gonna do when Google has no real competition. SImilar to Windows, Android is already building a sense of legacy, of things you have to 'give up' if you consider an alternative. At least when people bought a shitty prebuilt computer in 2002 they didn't have to 'root' their computers, voiding the warranty in order to uninstall McAfee.
>>
>>56484275
Also their speaker setup is the exact same as the htc 10s
>>
>iPhone 7 come with a new and better camera.
>still don't have an easy way to transfer it to any other device.
>>
>>56490445
Talking about the pictures not the camera ofc.
>>
>>56484391
> iPhones have lower specs than Android phones

if you're talking about processing power, no they don't. the only person who could think that is someone who doesn't know the first thing about hardware.
>>
>>56485887
>exynos S7 performs extremely well.
Read what you just said. Why should the performance of a phone be dictated by the region you buy it in? People speak of the Exynos version as being based, but what the hell happens to those who don't get access to that?

Do you think consumers even put that into consideration? What you get are people complaining about shit performance unaware of the fact that they received a sub-par version of the phone due to the unfortunate circumstance of living in the wrong part of the world.

Apparently the Chinese version gets 6gb of ram. Why can't samsung make their shit consistent? It's fucking hardware. Buying an S7 should get you an S7. It's one thing to have different LTE band models, but different processors? Varying amounts of RAM? All without any indication or warning to a consumer?
>>
>>56484275
>3 gb
am i missing something? i thought both iphones had 2gb?
>>
>>56491209
Plus models have 3gb. Which makes those speed comparison videos even more of a joke if you use the 6s+ with another gig of ram for keeping apps in memory.
>>
>>56491174
It's called cost cutting. The market is very competitive in china so they release more aggressive specs for China, in other countries where people already buy Samsungs a lot, they don't need to put as much specs because they know dumbfucks would buy one anyway.
>>
iphones are premium tier. that means users are also premium-tier quality.

androids are like peasants.
>>
>>56491245
>Plus models have 3gb
source?
>>
>>56487113
kek
>>
>>56484391
>Lagdroid meme
This was true on the first few versions of Android. Those issues are no longer around unless you buy a 100$ cheap shitphone.
>>
File: 1448892688743.png (243KB, 486x359px) Image search: [Google]
1448892688743.png
243KB, 486x359px
>>56491245
>source: my ass
>>
>>56484739
>current year
>worrying about viruses
>>
>>56489121
There is only one Android phone without a headphone jack but even that phone has a different model of it that comes with a headphone jack.
>>
>>56491348
every android lags after a time, its not fanboying or apple shilling just facts
>>
>>56491348
It seriously pisses me off that starbucks shills use that as an argument. They will use their iPhone until the end of time just because "lagdroid xDxD", when it's not even true.
>>
>>56485187
Except you're the dumbass here. People from lolcows are perfectly welcome so long as they don't spew ignorant shit to justify supporting a shitty company.
>>
>>56484391
>Android flagships lag out of the box.

Top fucking kek, even my "" old"" S5 doesn't lag
>>
>>56491650
>fact
Yeah sure, tell that to my "" old"" S5 that runs everything smoothly
>>
>>56492134
But that's FroYo for you. Undemanding.
>>
zenfone user here
i like having customization over my device, hence why i'm into technology and not really much-so into consumerism on the flipside
>>
>>56484439
My HTC HD2 has run like butter with custom ROMs for 6 years, bitch
>>
>>56484960
I do agree with the poos. But flips, and malayshits? Flips are seaniggas, literally nigger tier I.Q wise. And Malayshits are richer than Poles, or some East Europe shit, so they could buy iPhones with ease.
>>
File: 1424029841820.jpg (5KB, 250x250px)
1424029841820.jpg
5KB, 250x250px
>>56484391
not sure if troll or mentally ill...
>>
Why is the A10 so much better than any chip on the Android side?

What the fuck has Qualcomm been doing anyways? Their chips suck so badly now.
>>
>>56484391
everyone look at the tard and laugh
>>
File: IMG_5273_web.jpg (118KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5273_web.jpg
118KB, 800x800px
what happened to swiveling smartphone cameras
it seemed reasonable instead of mud quality front facing cameras
>>
>>56484275
>>third camera
There is no third camera, are you blind?
>Android had that already
>>quad core processor
>And round had that in 2012
You literally don't know what you're talking about. They're not the same 4 cores, 2 are for low power tasks to conserve battery life.
>>3 gb if RAM
>Android has had that for a while, 3 is kind of low for current flagships
No, its not low. Maybe if iPhones ran Android yes. How the fuck do you compare what's a usable amount of RAM between two totally different operating systems?
>>no headphone jack
>The one Android without one has a model with it
Its shit but doesn't bother me, I only use stock headphones anyway.
>>LED screen
>Android has mostly moved on to OLED
Its much better than you think. Apple never moves onto something until its up to their standards.
>>no removable matter
>There are still a few Android phones with removable batteries
I don't want this. On travels, carry a small battery bank.
>>no expandable storage
>Expandable storage is pretty common among Android

To go with the clusterfuck system, another clusterfuck. I wish Apple would streamline it as far as OS consistency and such, MicroSD expansion is nice.

>>56484409

>over 1BN units shipped
>they're all teenage girls xD

Are you underage? iPhones are the most widley used phone in any western country. KYS you irrelevant 3rd worlder.
>>
There is two things iPhones got over other phones:
Updates
Screen size

To get updates on android you have to go all it or opt out completely with google.
If you opt in, then the nexus phones get updates.
If you opt out, you can install the updates yourself as often as you want, but the software breaks constantly if you want google as well.
Obviously it can be done, but it is not as hassle free as just getting a nexus device or buying an iPhone.
>>
File: 77667.png (38KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
77667.png
38KB, 650x500px
>>56485443
get out of here you tech illiterate retard
>>
>>56485182
better get used to it when iphones get samsung amoleds next year
>>
>>56494485
You forgot about the tech illiterates and specially the homosexuals, of which there are plenty in "first-world" countries
>>
File: Live Apple Conference.jpg (45KB, 911x452px) Image search: [Google]
Live Apple Conference.jpg
45KB, 911x452px
>>56484275
It has a TON of storage space
>>
>>56484760
CM ain't pajeet's rom
>>
>>56484760
Should we also stop using Windows and Linux because indians contributed to the software in repoositories?
>>
>>56484275
>Caring about anything other than the processor.

This is how I know you're a faggot OP.
>>
>>56484843
>most failed batteries
>iphone 6 touch ic meme
>iphone 4 you are holding it wrong meme
And they dont admit that their products have defects. My ipod nano from 2005 had a defective battery and the issued a voluntary recall on 2012 hahhah ffs
>>
>>56484439
iPhone bricks old phones with updates. Wow. Gf's 4s lost wifi after an update. Just greyed out in options. Nothing helped.
>>
>>56494447
had a play with one of these in store and it just seemed flimsy and gimmicky
>>
I'm not an applefag in the sense of being a fan of the company, but here's why I use it:

iMessage. It's simply the best, it's naturally integrated, encrypted messagin. I know several people who've had their asses saved by using this rather than the normal sms route which the police can legally get easy access to in Australia (yes there are apps you can use with android, but iMessage is universal to everyone with an iPhone).
>>
>>56494653
it should be fine when done by a mainstream brand
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-08-17-04-19.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-08-17-04-19.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>56484553
>LG
>Shit camera
Pick one.
Screenshot quality due to 4mb file limit.
LG G4, not even latest flagship. But this is taken in dim lights.
>>
>>56494678
> encrypted
> implying security
[citation needed]
>>
File: image.png (20KB, 526x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
20KB, 526x306px
>>56484275
Lagdroid cant into audio latency below 10ms.
>>
>>56494774
And unedited too.
Not to mention the superior gui that let's you change pretty much everything!
>>
>>56484275
i use an iPhone because it isn't an Android device. A lot of things in Android are just wrong, the intent/app within app design is not how it should be. I don't even care about cpus or ram, i use an iPhone 4s because of the software (version 6) and the glass design (plus it isn't a tablet unlike most phones today). Even though its specs aren't the best, somehow a 4 year old phone just feels or actually is way faster than flagships (my previous was an xperia z3). Also its battery is removable if you try enough and expandable storage on a phone is pretty useless for me - i stream music from google (free btw) and don't take a huge number of pictures.
>>
>>56494809
[citation needed]
>>
>>56494782

Apart from that major famous case of the FBI doing a deal with that Israeli company to gain access to a terrorists' phone, there haven't been ANY cases of government successfully forcing Apple to hand over messaging data. That's significant because courts regularly do it for non-encrypted SMS messaging, and in Australia the police are regularly accessing the metadata without warrants.

This is about cutting government out. Why don't we have a right to privacy?
>>
>>56494824
http://superpowered.com/androidaudiopathlatency
>>
>>56494833
Until they open the protocol specification, it can't be considered secure. That's how cryptography works.
>>
>>56484391

after years with android, now i use iphone

>iPhones have lower specs than Android phones but perform better. iOS doesn't lag. Android flagships lag out of the box.

no, they doesnt. we're in 2016, not 2011. even budget nexus 4 didnt lag at all. also, learn what is lag, wtf are you streaming your OS from server to your phone screen or what?

>iPhones have higher quality apps with consistent interface designs, because Apple enforces it.

they're not higher quality. i tried to find one of few apps i need - "x-plore". all you can find in appstore are knockoffs and fakes with stolen icon. also even facebook has more options on android

>iPhones have the best build quality out of any phones. In addition, Apple provides the best support out of any phone company.

no they dont. they're very fragile. also, there's no support as there is no email to contact company.

sure, my huawei had 5 times better..
>>
File: SAD FACE.png (5KB, 471x258px) Image search: [Google]
SAD FACE.png
5KB, 471x258px
iPhones are meme I still owe 350$ on my meme 6 and I only use it to make calls
>>
>>56494849
The same site says it's solved in Android 6:
http://superpowered.com/superpowered-android-media-server
>>
>>56484275
>Can an applefag please explain the appeal of the iPhone?

well they dont have to issue world wide recalls because of exploding phones after airports ban them for starters...
>>
>>56493609
Malaysians are rich as fuck don't know what that other anon was talking about.
>>
I'm not an Apple fan

I have a Moto myself but iPhones just feel so fucking nice, you pick them up and feel good. It's a fashion icon too I guess. And it 'just works'

But ultimately they're iPhones so you'll get bored after 4 days
>>
>>56485666
actually it just seems that way because the pajeets can't speak or type english properly.
>>
>>56492447
>froyo
Marshmallow, actually. Try again
>>
>>56494907
You have to build your app using ndk and not java which means device specific. With million of android variants of hardware that would be too much hardwork for a single app to develop.
>>
Well, I like to sleep at night knowing my phone isn't going to explode.

All jokes aside, I just enjoy the way iOS works. My Desktop is windows, not a fan of MacOS but it's nice having my entire music library uploaded on iTunes match
>>
>>56493924
I don't think its the chip itself thats better, just how the OS uses it.
>>
>>56495215

> implying you have to compile binary for every device
is like
> You need separate binaries for Intel Core2duo, Xeon, i3, i5 and i7 (assuming same OS and architecture).
It needs only 3 (or even 2) builds: ARM, x86 and ARM64.
>>
>>56484391
>iphone 6 running iOS10
>my phone lags the fuck out all the time
>>
>>56494485
>how the fuck do you compare what's a usable amount of RAM between two totally different operating systems?
So you're basically paying an extra 800$ for a useless OS?
>>
>>56494898
Sell it and get a free obamaphone
>>
>>56495906
>not doing what I recommended above
>complaining about beta firmware

>>56486674
How is this any different from the times you may have reformatted your computer? Any person who would want convenience would use a iCloud to setup their phone after the complete restore. Anybody wanting privacy would check the options in iTunes that allows them to use the contacts and calendars on the computer rather than from the cloud. The only thing that would get wiped would be messages but you can copy and paste certain folders from the old backup to the new one to restore them. Or you can create PDFs of them using free software. Literally no downside to dfu restore unless you want to keep your jailbreak for unsigned firmware. And who in their right mind would want to keep lesser versions of firmware with security exploits.
>>
>>56484391
>>>56484275 (OP)

Lagdroid meme is old.. When is the last time you used a flagship android anon.

Debatable there are good android and iOS apps

IPhone screens crack when dropped almost every time. Never used their customer service

Got me there
>>
>>56484391
Now that is just lying, son.
>>
>>56491773
Toppest kek, even my no-name chinkphone running 5.1 that I brought for around $60 doesn't lag
>>
Anyone have any experience with the iPad? My mother is paying one off currently because she wanted to get me a tablet since she figures it could work as a drawing pad.
I have no experience with any kind of tablet so I wouldn't really know about it.
>>
>>56484275
Green bubbles are the only thing remaining that scares people into buying apple. Why do you think Apple doesn't release a paid version of iMessage for other platforms?
>>
>>56484275

It doesn't matter if android had it already, Apple's software is taking better advantage of it.

It doesn't matter if android had it already, Apple's software is taking better advantage of it.

RAM doesn't matter if the operating system doesn't take advantage of it.

Get over the headphone jack. Stop crying over 40 year old technology. Its loss gives you a bigger battery. Plus, don't you sperglords want to use the built in DAC that you're always crying about when it comes to >MUH SOUND QUALITYYYYYYY - or can you not afford a pair of $20 headphones? Oh no, you mean I have to plug a $9 adaptor in? OH NO! You mean I won't be able to charge in my car and listen using the headphone jack? OH NO, I guess you'll have to get a new $20 bluetooth to 3.5mm adaptor for your 1995 Honda Civic.

LED screen is shitty, I'll give you that. But so is burn-in.

Removable battery is a personal preference and has never nor never will be something apple includes. Neither will be removable storage which is a gimmick for weeaboos to keep their anime tiddies and 200GB of touhou FLAC music with them everywhere.

YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THIS

ANDROID USERS /WILL\ DEFEND THIS
>>
>>56498395
i can't hear you over the sound of apple's stock plummeting
>>
Apple is the kind of company that will start using OLED displays when some flagships are already at SAMOLED
>>
>>56484409
This
>>
>>56498515
>I have no idea how the stock market works but here is my opinion on it anyway
Typical Android cuck.
>>
>>56484498
I thought mediatek was AMD. They have a 10 core SoC now
>>
>>56484409
more like
> sluts
> hipsters
> numales
>>
Literally, it just fucking works.
Also, apple has essentially copied a lot of features from previous jailbroken versions of iOS and have improved upon them, so when you buy an iPhone 7 it's like you're getting a pre-jailbroken iPhone with all the cool little shortcuts and features you'd want. And from a photographer's perspective, the extra 56mm fixed lens on the i7 pro is useful as fuck.

The only reason apple seems to be copying other phone manufacturer's ideas is because

1) there's not a lot of revolutionary things you can do anymore on a phone

and 2) whenever they do copy some feature from an android phone, it almost always ends up being much better than the android version.
>>
>>56497436
The issue is if you have to factory reset there's a chance you'll lose somethings. And probably when you download the latest iOS update you'll probably have to reset your phone with each update.
>>
>>56498632
>shit i have no argument
>i'll just call him a cuck
>epic win

Good job.
>>
>>56485182
>Galaxy Nexus
>First Android with on-screen buttons
>AMOLED screen
>Within several months 2 lines form on the top and bottom of the screen
>Every Galaxy S2 I see looks green
Probably the number one reason I installed CM on my Nexus. I could hide the bottom buttons, allowing that area to shift along with the rest of the screen, and I could adjust the display's colors, reducing the prominent green.
>>
>>56485716
>>3.5mm jack
Apple decided you no longer need that
>>Removable batteries
Apple never gave you a option for a iPhone with a replaceable battery
>>Expandable storage
Apple never gave you a option for a iPhone with Expandable storage
>>RAM
>>
>>56498515

Oh look, a strawman that doesn't even focus or attempt to defend the previous post.

Thanks for playing.
>>
>>56494488
>There is two things iPhones got over other phones:
>Updates
>Screen size
Thats why its the size of a galaxy note, because they got it right
>>
>>56498786
But the "adding features from jailbroken versions" is just iOS 10, not iPhone 7.

And what features that originated on Android that Apple has implemented better? The main stolen feature that comes to mind is the pull down menu, which imo is much better on Android.
>>
>>56498395
>t doesn't matter if android had it already, Apple's software is taking better advantage of it.
>It doesn't matter if android had it already, Apple's software is taking better advantage of it.
What a truly unique notification bar they have!
>Stop crying over 40 year old technology
Apple decided you no longer need to be compatible with almost every pair of portable headphones every made.
>Neither will be removable storage which is a gimmick
How would you know since apple never gave you a choice in their phones?
>>
>>56495215
How do you make an android app?
>>
>>56498999
IMO the pull-down minimalist notification centre and pull-up control panel are much more efficient than Android's double-pull-down screen which combines the two plus some other stuff which feels a little messy. Plus the transparency and bounce/spring effects make navigating seem much more natural and you often forget you're even using a phone. When I use my girlfriend's M9 the lack of transparency in the UI and unnatural scrolling is really jarring and hard to adjust to. iOS is all about the little things like that which make the experience more intuitive and organic.
>>
File: 231546546457.jpg (16KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
231546546457.jpg
16KB, 250x206px
>>56484275

It's just a real life example of the Emperor's Invisible Robes.

Apple's marketing has always been pretty pretentious, which is why it's so popular among hipsters for example. Just look at their slogan, "think different". It's basically You're Such A Special Snowflake: The Marketing Campaign, and it works because people are prone to imagine themselves as some kind of hot shit that is so above everyone else as if they were the protagonist of humanity.

This is a powerful way to push an idea on someone because of the underlying implication that if they don't buy the product, then they are just generic like everyone else and unsophisticated, that they are pretty unintelligent since they can't see the Emperor's invisible robes. This is why everyone is rushing to get an iphone they can take a selfie with where they conveniently line up their fingers as to not block the Apple logo because that tiny logo is the entire worth of the thing and it would be an useless product if the others couldn't tell you were an Apple customer because then you wouldn't be seen as hip and different. The phone itself is meaningless, its specs don't matter one bit and most users don't even understand how they work or do anything other than things such as facebook and whattsapp, which any entry level phone can do with excellence, just like no one buys a Louis Vuitton because of its features, but rather the logo, which they made sure to splash everywhere so you can silently tell others how rich you are. No different than a person who gets a mechanical keyboard "for durability" or rices their cables "for airflow".

It's a pursuit in vanity and humans are pretty vain individuals.

They succeeded like no one else did because Jobs was a mastermind of marketing. He knew how to mess with that internal need everyone has to be recognized as being something bigger than they actually are and once that hunger sets in and grows, you'll do whatever it needs to sate it.
>>
>>56484391
iPhones are in fact more efficient in software but lately Android is pretty stable
The default apps by apple are by far the best in the industry but at least on android you can open objects from one app with another. on iOS you can only do that in certain situations. And besides both app stores have their fair share of shitty coded apps.
Ehh something something touch disease. Support is great if all you care about is getting a new phone but I would rather just have them repair my phone so I can leave without having to restore my data.
Far from it. They only have great standby time.
>>
>>56499307
This. When I do eventually buy an iPhone this is what i'm most excited about. All those little details just make the whole experience seem a little more refined than other phone os'es
>>
>>56499364
Apple-bashers are pretty notorious for their blatant use of straw men but this is on a whole new level of ignorance.
>>
>>56499491

Says the guy who has to pull off a fallacy instead of actually arguing anything.

Notice I'm not bashing Apple, I'm just explaining their success. I myself own an iPad because it was far ahead of any other tablet at the time I bought it and due to its outstanding battery life. It doesn't mean I'm gonna be good corporate cock sucker championing a company like unintelligent and primitive individuals such as yourself and your tribalistic mindset.

Consider applying reading comprehension before your white knight instincts kick in, fanboy.
>>
File: apple_users3.png (85KB, 1000x1100px) Image search: [Google]
apple_users3.png
85KB, 1000x1100px
>>56499491
>fanboy triggered because his mindless fanboism is rationally explained
>>
>>56498864
everything before the diamond pixel array amoled shifted to is complete garbage in terms of longevity.

amoled in 2016 can be much more 20 times more durable than amoled in 2012
>>
>>56499364
YOUR SPOT ON!!! ^^ The fabricated image of having money and so worried about the acceptance of others and facebook.

>>56499364
And you just got fucking curbed stomped bitch haha
>>
>>56500159
>The fabricated image of having money

Which explains why whenever someone points out a bad thing about any iGadget, the usual response is some variation of "what are you, poor?" because you're attacking their constructed image that they own a thing that costs a few hundred dollars, sometimes second hand, and that supposedly translates into being rich.
>>
>>56499307
You can pull down on the right half of the top menu bar to get the same effect as "double pull down", so I think it's pretty much the same efficiency. I think that Android's choice of not doing anything with the swipe up from bottom motion is a good choice, at least for the Android ecosystem, since that gives developers an opportunity to use it for their own apps.

Android gives devs more control and more of an ability to build on top of their ecosystem. If I ever switched from Android, the thing I would miss the most is Facebook messenger's floating chat bubbles, that let you pop up an Facebook chat overlay window on any screen. It's just so seamless, and it's something that I don't think iOS would ever allow.
>>
File: ipoverty2.jpg (61KB, 1266x563px) Image search: [Google]
ipoverty2.jpg
61KB, 1266x563px
>>56500217
You'd have to be really, really poor to think a $400 phone makes you rich.
And that's not even considering so many of them actually take a loan to get it.
>>
>>56500441

Which is exactly my point. I had a laugh the other day when a guy with an iphone 4s was telling me how it was so much better than "those android phones poor people have".

I have an Xperia Z3.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.