[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Retarded programming question incoming: In java, for a homework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: batcrab.jpg (109KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
batcrab.jpg
109KB, 600x458px
Retarded programming question incoming:

In java, for a homework assignment I need to import LinkedList.java. We are given this file by the teacher. I can't even import the damn thing.

Wouldn't it be:
import LinkedList;
?

They're in the same folder. Any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>56481821
>falling for the 'enrolling at a school that teaches Java' meme
>>
Type 'programming' in the catalog and you'll find /dpt/, the daily programming thread, you jackass.

By the way, if you need help with this and you can't even use the catalog, computer science might not be for you. Just a thought.
>>
>>56481821
It's import java.util.LinkedList;

Google it next time. Or at least ask in the programming thread. Fuck dude.
>>
>>56481918
Not even OP, but you're retarded, the LinkedList.java file was given by the teacher
>>
>>56481955
Oh
lmao
>>
>>56481821
Because everybody else in this thread is from /v/, I'll explain it.

Imports are denoted by absolute paths (implied context is the root of the project, not the path of the class you're in), as opposed to relative (what you're expecting).
>>
>>56481916
/thread
>>
>>56482006
and what you want to know is that since your file is in the same directory you simply create an instance of that type and its implied to the compiler that you want a file local to yours.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.